Bone

What is Sup Forums's opinion on the bone series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oeNqQxzB4-U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Decent adventure comic. Probably won't read it a second time.

Famtastic stuff. I need to read the sequel trilogy.

right up there with Barks Uncle Scrooge if you ask me. Maybe even better because it tells a long form adventure. I have unsuccessfully tried to convince my wife to read it for 10 years.

It's good. Go read it. End of thread.

second...

I wanna bone thorn.

I'm waiting for the movie.
So would a 2D live action hybrid be cool?
I mean it's a cartoon character in a Lord Of The Rings world. The upcoming film is going to be completely cgi animated btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=oeNqQxzB4-U

>2D live-action hybrid
Maybe not. It may look outta place.

I still reread it once a year; easily one of my favorites.

They had only two books of this in the school library back in High School.
>Never got to finish it

I think they kind of should.

I've described it as Mickey, Donald, and Goofy get kicked out of town and end up in Middle Earth as Sauron rises to power. Every person I say that too thinks it sounds amazing. Nobody ever reads it.

Fucking nobody ever reads anything.

I read it

I used to have that thick B&W volume. should really check out the color one later. from what I've seen they did a great job with it.

My sister got the color set a few years ago. After hearing good things about the series, I started reading it. Ended up reading the whole series in that same day. Worth the read.

It's alright for kids to read I guess, but it's kind of boring for adults.

It's definitely the single most important comic from my childhood, but I still haven't taken the time to revisit it to see how it holds up without the nostalgia. One thing for sure is that Smith has major chops as a cartoonist.

I'm curious to find out what people think about Rasl. No one ever seems to talk about Rasl.

@92627104

(you)

okay but not popular for some reason

BONE?

Read the first two books as a kid, loved it

Read it in middle school, it was great.
Should get to actually finishing it. Anyone got a link?

book shaped my childhood. mom got me the big 1 volume one after i could only find the first two in the library

the dragon with the ripped ass arms lmfao, the quiche, i wanted to bone thorn, badass grandma, some seriously funny fuckin characters man. had a really strong universe that seemed a lot like the world around me. I found out later that the dude that made it grew up in the area i lived at which was partly why it was so immersive. i felt like the world could be right outside my backyard

it's good. read it.

I had nine volumes, but my dad burned it all while I was away, thinking they were dumb magazines.

i thought it'll actually be a fun romp but fuck, things went dark real fast

it's worth a read. anybody says it's cartoon characters lost in a LotR world aren't far off. i'd say the best part if this series would be the characters and how they develop from the start rather than the lore which is still interesting

Love the stupid stupid rat creatures.
Although they're called were-rats in my language.

>mfw the Hooded One causes the fucking apocalypse happens between 6 and 7
Fucking Ghost Circles man

Maybe a Titan AE deal? The Bones are 2D and the rest of the cast is 3D?

Dr. Pugel, I'm ASPCA

Did Jeff Smith ever really say what happened to the cousins after the book or was that just some Sup Forums meme?

Sort of. There's a series of text-only sequel novels called Bone: Quest for the Spark that briefly get into the lives of the Bone cousins before following a new set of Bones.

It's not that good, if I'm being totally honest.

pretty much this

the collected edition is cheap

there's also a spin-off comic where it takes place after they went home called Tall Tales. This is where Smiley went to camp with Bartleby and 3 other kids where he told campfire stories of his ancestor, Big Johnson Bone lol

it's pretty good as far as the stories go but much sillier than the base comic

Last year we had glorious Storytime here. It was the first time I saw it and absolutly fell in love in it. Yesterday I learned Poland gets it finnaly in native language. Fuck yeah. Im going to shops tommorow to get it.

Those voices could've been better, Telltale.

There's also Bone: Coda, which involves the Bones and Bartleby crossing the desert, immediately following the events of the main series.

Started off phenomenal, ended trifling, overreaching and ridiculous

I bought a fucking massive ass paperback with all the books in it, its torn to spreads from how often I read it. I really enjoyed it and probably going to get into the sequel now that I know it exists.

No female bones. Main love interest is a blonde bimbo. Gave off some interracial vibes.

I want to bone Thorn

That dragon was such a fucking smug cunt

I forgot about him.

Love it until it becomes Lord of the Rings
After then is _ok_.

I read it. The first books are better, I think, because they keep everything tightly knit and comfy.
Surprisingly, Phoney gets a few good scenes, like figuring out where the treasure is.
The conflict scales up too quickly for my taste, but it's always good. Thorn is a bit generic, but still solid.

Just 2D. Can't remember the last time Hollywood had an animated film with no 3D

That's a fantastic premise user

I read it. Very glad I did

Amazing story. I read it every now and again. Just checked it out recently another time because my gf said she loved it, rekindling my interest.

>The conflict scales up too quickly for my taste, but it's always good.
This is more or less my only complaint. Thorn goes from "sweet innocent farm girl" to "little miss badass" in like no time at all. I still love the comic to pieces but having some more middle ground between the two Thorns would have been nice.

It was my go-to reading material when I was about 13 to 15.

It kind of got ruined for me because that's when my home life started going to shit and my mind associated Bone with that for some reason.

They've been sitting in the far corner under my bed for years

there's a book with female bone things in it

Has anyone storytimed Bone lately?
Or is it too big to be reasonable?