Come to think of it...

Come to think of it, the plot point of replicants being able to give birth as some kind of technological breakthrough is pretty retarded. Replicant's infertility should've been artificially embeded in them, so they won't procreate. As a product of gene engeneering , them lacking basic human function all of a sudden for some reason is a bit of a stretch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=6iqmIoHL74Y
it's not a good movie

Come to think of it, the plot point of dinosaurs being able to give birth as some kind of technological breakthrough is pretty retarded. Dinosaur's infertility should've been artificially embeded in them, so they won't procreate. As a product of gene engeneering , them lacking basic dinosaur function all of a sudden for some reason is a bit of a stretch.

Faggot

You dumbass, dinosaurs in JP weren't infertile.

as much as I enjoy the rest of the movie, the plot underpinning it all makes it difficult to call great. even worse that the one couple who give birth just happens to be deckard and rachael so we can see them again and add an extra 40 minutes of nostalgia to the movie. that's kinda what happens when you try to write a fairly small scale isolated story about one man doing his job into a bigger overarching narrative about one of the biggest moments in mankind's history

Have you forgotten who Rachel actually was? She wasn’t some run of the mill replicant, she was personally designed by Tyrell himself

And your point is?

Same concept, cunt.

Genetically engineered to be all females, hence don't be able to reproduce. But "life huh, finds a way".

Whining like a faggot because it's not possible is as retarded as you can be. That's the main drive of the movie, it shouldn't be possible but it was, just like JP.

Life, uh, finds a way

WHat is your IQ?

60? 50?

Replicants weren't engineered with the ability to reproduce because their lifespans were limited to four years, faggot.

Rachel was given the ability, but the secret of how to achieve that died with Tyrell. Wallace takes his original Nexus design and fixes the lifespan problem, but can't solve the reproduction one.

HOW CAN HE CLICK??

What did you expect? it's a reddit meme flick

>Brainlets everywhere.

Replicants ARE NOT HUMAN. Tyrel developed them from the ground up as biomechanical androids and eventually the technology got so good at mimicking human physiology that they could pass as human (hence the line "more human, than human"). 2049 elaborates on that by suggesting that the final frontier for the technology was replicants that could replicate, of which Rachell was the only one.

That's not the same concept, it has nothing to do with my OP post. JP scientists could've made male dino anytime, if they wanted. Blade Runner scientists can't figure out how to make a fertile replicant is dumb. What is replicant anyway? You pick a human DNA and make alterations to it, like changing lifespan or strength, so by default all replicants should have human traits, unless they were implicitly removed by designer. In my headcanon, Tyrell just made them infertile, and Wallace couldn't reverse-engeneer them back to being fertile.

/thread

no one said they are human

How did you even finish watching the movie being this retarded?

Same concept to the fucking T. Being generically altered to not be able to breed either by infertility or just being one gender. This is the setup.

Then there is a birth. How? Why? Can we use it? Can we stop it? It's all the same, and it's all miraculous: that's what set the plot in motion. The fuck do you know about genetic alterations? For all we knoe Tyrell was a lone genius and all his work is lost to the blackout. The only reason there are still replicants is Leto, another lone genius, but a lesser one.

>in my headcanon

And that's the problem, you're retarded and a faggot who doesn't understand basic plot points. Your op is basically "why is this a movie about a thing? I want a movie about not a thing"

Go watch capeshit

kek

>Being generically altered to not be able to breed
But they weren't and that's my fucking point, you brainlet. 2049 implies that replicants not being able to breed is not implemented in them by design.

>never deleted anything
>not even the cringy old dating profiles
>not named Andrew
>liked Silence
here's your (you)

Your fucking point is that you slept throughout the movie and now you're cranky.

2049 doesn't imply shit about them breeding. We only have Leto wanting them to breed and the cop woman terrified at the idea of them breeding, that's it.

Original BR made it clear that their infertility was designed.

The only one that was able to procreate was specially made by her creator, Tyrell. He made her special.

>Go watch capeshit
Any recs, Sup Forums?

*clicks your path*

>can make a complete functioning synthetic brain, eyes, spinal column, etc.
>can't make a functioning uterus
I mean our reproductive system is nowhere near the most complex organ in our body, synthetic sperm/egg production is as far as I can tell way ahead of synthetic neuron research right now in real life.

The BR2049 dilemma is like saying you've built the USS Enterprise but you can't get the coffee machine working

OH NO NO NO

The point that you are missing is the turbo leftist propaganda this movie brings in, poor replicants are refugees, DA EBIL WAITU MAN is what keep them aside, so basically it's children of men all over again, refugees should invade the world and replace mankind because they're designed to be better.
Literally reverse racism that it's putting down your throat "white men should die"

*clears throat*
wrong