Disney completely destroyed lucas' original vision and pissed on the smoldering ruins

>disney completely destroyed lucas' original vision and pissed on the smoldering ruins
Why does disney hate lucas so much?

>one billionaire fucked over another billionaire
Cry me a fucking river.

Because he's a moron who fooled people into thinking he made episode 5

>Disney
>"one billionaire"
The absolute state

Reminder that ANH would have been a disaster had Lucas not screened the movie to his friends and got raked over the coals by Brian de Palma for the horrible and nonsensical editing.

>wanting talon in the new movies
fuck off shitter

Because they don't know what is and isn't actually good. People generally didn't like the Prequels, so they said "Oh we better distance ourselves as much as possible from Lucas," but they didn't actually know if the prequels were good or not, let alone why.

Wasnt there literally a line of dialogue saying 'destroy the past' or something? That's their arrogance, thinking they're cute and can say something blatant and meta.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Nobody cares. Go masturbate to jarjar

This meme is more forced than Milhouse fucking let it die already

The prequels are a soulless cash grab just like the Disney movies. At least the new movies aren't fucking boring.

Disney is trash and you should be ashamed for giving them any sort of money.

>original vision
>selling toys
Perfect match in my eyes. Star wars always sucked.

The first thing that seemed designed for marketing specifically instead of the toys coming organically from the movies were the Ewoks, and even they weren't bad (although they should have stuck with the original idea of making them more explicitly Viet-Cong style jungle guerillas)

The studio changed George's original script vastly. The movie itself has been heavily recut by his then-wife. At this point calling him director is an overstatement to be honest. Artistic director? Sure, that's more like it. Without help from a bunch of other people, ANH would be TPM v0.5. Too bad Lucas didn't realize it when he got into making the prequels.

Dude they designed everything from the start for marketing. George even describes how he put a fucking clause into the contract with fox that he owns all licensing rights specifically mentions toys before the movie is finished...

>George even describes how he put a fucking clause into the contract with fox that he owns all licensing rights specifically mentions toys before the movie is finished...
That was actually Fox's own retardness. They didn't quite believe the movie will sell and thought they're getting the better part of the deal, leaving "only" toys to George.

Actually George requested it and fox agreed to it because they fucked up. Toys were literally being sold before the premiere. George licensed and sold everything star wars within a year. Dude is the same as Disney in every way.

This.

The man is a fucking genius concerning special effects and production. Not so much when dealing with actors or writing. Look at the special effects in Logan's Run and compare that to ANH, those two movies were just one year apart.

Disney is just a big entertainment conglomerate that follows specific algorithms in making their products. You might get a better product if you deep six all the diversity hires, but the corporate politics will remain.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

No, they designed everything to look cool and have visual appeal. That's why people wanted the toys, but things still felt like they fit into the universe because they didn't cram in as many designs as possible to get more toy possibilities from it like the Prequels started to do.

>toys were literally being sold before the premiere
The Empty Box campaign the Christmas after Star Wars says they didn't nearly expect the toys to take off the way they did. It wasn't the point of making the movie, it was a side benefit that ended up being massive for George.

They actually have a documentary on netflix on the toys, keller kept like 99.9 percent of toy sales cause they were the only ones to try and make toys for star wars. The movie was coming out in 6 months when they pitched them the toys

HE scammed them for one billion dollars like dr evil and didn't even give them a new hope or the distribution rights no wonder the killed his dream.

(((Disney))) remembers

>ywn fuck Darth Talon

Is it just me or does Talon look kinda like Babs?

They have a formula for making money, and this is what they are doing. They will milk it as quickly as possible, until it stops producing. They at heart a cartoon company, and everything else only exists to pay for the cartoons.

What does Sith pussy smell like

Red

Cinnamon

she was in one of the SWTOR trailers

Chicken with large talons

>The Old Republic will never be good

Lucas's original vision? The one that he kept changing?

While the ST is guilty of it we do need to as a fucking society stop this senseless nostalgia and established IP cocksucking. TLJ had a hypocritical message but one the world needed to hear.

George sold off the toyrights to ANH before it was even done filming and Empire is toyetic as fuck.

I really, REALLY, want to darth her talons

They did it's just they didn't have the budget to focus on it as much. Go look at all those aliens in ANH, or how the extras in Empire are more in focus than most movies. Don't be some faggot blinded by nostalgia. Star Wars OT is a good toy commercial but it's still a toy commercial.

Star Wars kind of gave birth to tie in toylines. They existed but Star Wars is what really jump started it.

Well yeah that's why Fox was willing to give George the rights so easily

I know KotoR2 was a buggy mess on release but it was still well-received and sold a ton of copies. I really don't understand why they never made a third game.

Yeah. They didn't see merch as an issue because Star Wars really gave birth to that marketing culture. In today's world Fox wouldn't have given him shit and they likely would have made the prequels and sequels without him.

>killed han solo
>killed luke skywalker
>destroyed anakins lightsaber

Next movie they'll kill Chewbaca and destroy the millennium falcon

>lucas' original vision
Which one? There are a lot of versions and the details seem to change depending on who Lucas is talking to/his mood/the quality of his last salad. Not that it matters given the only common feature is that they're fucking awful.

They wanted to do original IPs

They have to kill Leia off-screen too, don't forget.
They'll probably find a way to make it Luke's fault.

I don't mean Obsidian or Bioware, why didn't LucasArts get it made?

>tfw no sith succubus
FUCK YOU, DISNEY

they deleted the light sabers and made mass effect.

Leia will probably be off somewhere or something. I don't think Kennedy or JJ will want to kill her. There's also rumors that they're using footage shot for VIII

Because they had so much else on their plate. Star Wars used to have a very lucrative game department.

George gave no shit at all about the toy side of things until he saw they were selling out. In his contract with Kenner he ended up getting 1% of all sales because he didn’t think anyone else gave a shit either.

Yeah but it's just weird to me that they would leave such a successful property on the table.
I mean even before Disney bought it, it was very unlike Star Wars not to squeeze every marketable avenue, and it was a proven success with built-in demand.