How do I include the death of a female character in my plot without being accused of stuffing her into the fridge?

How do I include the death of a female character in my plot without being accused of stuffing her into the fridge?

Have her actually developed as a person and have her death have more meaning then just to give another character motivation.

Don't stuff her in a fridge for one

>being accused of stuffing her into the fridge?

No one who matters seriously believes such a problem exists.

The people who would accuse you of this would be upset you killed a female character at all, no matter how you handle it.

If you're not someone who people give a shit about don't worry about it.

If you're famous; you can't so don't worry about it.

You can't because the idiots have redefined, stretched and diluted the term to apply to anything bad happening to a female character ever.

So just stop giving a shit.

You don't. Someone will always accuse.

>Develop a fully fleshed out female character
>Incorporate them into the story as a living person with concerns and desires outside of their relationship
>Have their death deeply impact the story and other character's arcs.
>But be sure that their corpse is discovered packed into a fridge.

Dew it OP. Watch the world burn.

This.

That's bullshit. Killing a female character can be done well, and killing them off just to make their male counterpart angry is not an example of how to do it well.

Write her so that the audience cares that she died rather than just the protagonist caring.

You are just a guy on the Internet. You should welcome(but not seek) any controversy that brings eyeballs your story.

You not more than yourself you are not beholden to anyone, so if anyone hates tell them to kick rocks.

You can't, just fucking kill her.

FPBP. Also, make her death a result of her own actions and choices rather than an outcome of your main character's mistakes.

Sure, the usual suspects will bitch no matter how hard you try, but who gives a shit.

How callous

You can't, so don't try. Sjw's and the like can never be appeased. A character being killed as a dramatic tool is almost as old as writing itself. The whole Idea of "fridging" was just coined by nerd feminists in an attempt to perpetuate their own victimhood. Now that's not to say killing off a character for cheap shock value doesn't happen. BVK made a career out of it.

This op. Give the character some agency, maybe they end up bringing on their death, i.e. investigate something that the MC is looking in to, and walk into a trap set for them.

That pic is either satire or a shop.

I refuse to believe otherwise.

Kill her with the fridge and then stuff the body in the stove.

>and killing them off just to make their male counterpart angry is not an example of how to do it well.

Yes, but that's just shit writing, not malevolent sexism. It's keyboard feminists that make it all about themselves.

No, kill her then stuff the fridge inside her

I wish you were right...

While this would be the ideal, the term fridging has mutated to mean any female character death. Shit, see how people reacted to Sharon Carter's sacrifice in Reamender's Captain America and Rogue's alternate timeline death in Uncanny Avengers.

This.
The most important part is that she dies because of her own shit, and that after her death, said death and arc is still about her shit.

But also literally have her die in a fridge.

>whining about physically attractive female characters vs. masturbating to unrealistically competent male characters

I get what the artist was trying to do here, but it would make more more sense if she were schlicking to impossibly pretty anime boys.

Have fridges do the killing. Like a gang beat down.

The archetype of the damsel in distress is pretty clearly sexist. It portrays the woman as a lesser, weaker creature lacking agency, capability or independent purpose. The damsel exists in service to the plot and the hero and is reduced from personhood into a mere trophy.

It may also be bad writing, but we aren't limited to the choices of incompetence or 'malevolence.' Kinda silly to frame the discussion that way.

> he archetype of the damsel in distress is pretty clearly sexist

Is it? Why? If it is is it inherently wrong or bad? Does that mean that the archetype of the "hero" is as equally sexist?

> The damsel exists in service to the plot and the hero and is reduced from personhood into a mere trophy

And the "person hood" of the hero in these stories is fleshed out and more meaningfully? The issue is that people don't understand that someone can be both a damsel in distress and have other value as a character. Just like how Carrie Fisher can be both beautiful and talented, but recognizing one before the other is sin in the eyes of feminists.

bitches will cry no matter what if something bad happens to a female character

Don't write for Marvel or DC and no one will get upset (and rightfully so) because you killed off a beloved legacy character.

If that still doesn't work, then you're treating a character's significant other as fodder to make the bad guys seem badder than they already were. Don't do that either.

Yes. For the reasons I mentioned. It's inherently unfair. And yes, but not in the way.

Depends on the story, but generally they are written with positive traits and agency. The damsel in distress is a flat character. Taking a character in a similar position and then rounding them out as characters is, in fact, one of the ways writers have addressed the sexism of the traditional damsel. Think Shrek.

>The most important part is that she dies because of her own shit
So no one should ever die in service of someone else's story? That's fucking bullshit. People are killed for things outside of them and their personal bubble.

OP specifically asked for how to avoid accusations of fridging, not for writing tips in general.

I think there are two factors.

First, what does her death facilitate? Does her death cause the wimpy hero to go BEAST MODE and up the game against the antagonist? Or does it pave the way for something like a bittersweet ending (see pic)?

Second, how much control does she have over her death? Worf was always getting defeated on Star Trek as a way to show how strong an antagonist was, because Worf was strong and it meant something. Is her death like defeating Worf, showing how dangerous something is, or is it like stomping a puppy, meant to show how dirty an antagonist will play?

By stuffing a fridge in her.

checkmate atheists.

>Worf was always getting defeated
>Worf was strong and it meant something
If it's a constant thing than it means nothing.

Give her character and don't just make her death solely a motivation for the main character to be upset, have her death impact more characters, have meaning, impact the plot, etc...

But it's like others have said people will bitch no matter what you do.

Oh, whoops. Then I rescind my outrage. In its place I leave a piece of advice I recently received when asking a similar question: never sacrifice your literary omnipotence by asking for approval of your decisions. Tell your story as you want.

Kill her way too deep in the story, SJW and feminists only read superficially to find stuff to complain about.

Don't worry about trying to avoid these tropes. They're tools. Use them. Fridge the bitch hard. Heck, have her be gang raped before she's killed, really stir the hive up!

>implying they won't just hear about it on social media and attack you regardless

Good one.

Yeah, and people just keel over dead because of a stroke or whatever.

That makes for shitty writing, tho. The real world, if it were a movie, would be rated NC-17 and panned by every critic for being tedious, meaningless, nihilistic garbage. That's why versimilitude is a word with its own meaning independent of autobiography.

lolno.
This. Or have her murdered by a lesbian.

Stuff her in the oven instead.

OY VEY
ANUDDUH SHOAH