Meanwhile in 2008

He looks nothing like the classic Iron Man!
God this movie's gonna suck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LqBiycUo_ew
superherohype.com/news/89471-marvel-launches-independent-film-slate
neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61944
thecomicboard.com/forum/showthread.php?2546-Marvel-Studios-Updates&s=884a218a04999207b8fe4b131af18faf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Shit i thought iron man came in 2004 or some shit.

I remember everyone loving the suit because it looks so similar to Adi Granov's design from Extremis.

I remember seeing the trailer and thinking "wow that actually looked like a for real movie..." As opposed to a comic book movie like I had come to expect. I was optimistic from the get-go

I maintain that Iron Man hit the nail on the head in terms of reading the American audience for the time.

Nearly everyone was anti-war, but pro-solider, which was half the plot. Tony Stark was written to be the Bond trope "women want him, men want to be him". Combine it with really good special effects, and one of the single greatest casting choices since Titanic, and even if the Marvel franchise hadn't taken off, this would still be remembered fondly.

The great shame was rushing through Iron Man 2.

And it did, what's your point?

And it did

Iron Man?
Sounds lame.
We already had the Spider-Man movies, do we really need another superhero movie for someone that doesn't even seem that interesting? I mean they gave him a nice new costume, but I dunno if it's gonna be any good.

No one was saying that back there.

Nigga he looks fucking great
You're getting a movie about a C-Lister that actually looks good instead of the pieces of crap we've been getting lately, stop being a whiny faggot
We have to hope that he's not OOC like that Civil War garbage tho

everybody loved the suit, the comic-con leak trailer was mad hyped

favreau liked extremis and granov's design so much he came on board as a concept artist

You obviously didn't watch the trailer. If you didn't cum when ACDC kicked in, you're completely dead inside.

DC should reboot

Fucking ironman? Shit, I'm getting really tired of these movies since Spider-Man 3, X-3 was dogshit, GL was dogshit, Ghost Rider was dogshit, now Ironman? That guy from Marvel vs Capcom?

Additionally

Anyone really mad how we're supposed to just ignore all the evil shit Stark pulled in CW? How can they make a movie about this guy.

>GL
Green Lantern doesn't have a movie dumbass

Comicbook movies are dead forever, Marvel shouldn't even try, they'll crash and burn like they did with every decision they made since the 90's.

I knew some people who didn't want to see it because the Civil War event was fresh and Tony was a giant dick in that. But apart from that segment everyone seemed pretty hype.

I saw some leaks from Ain't It Cool News, and they said Nick Fury shows up at the end? Played by Samuel L Jackson? That's fucking stupid.

Robert Downey Jr?

HAHAHAAHAHAHA

flop confirmed

>The MCU is almost 10 years old

>The comics burn a character's reputation and salt the earth just when their movie is coming out
How many times has this happened?

That's from the Ultimate Universe dude

I know Tony's a drug addicted loser with a mustache but what were they thinking?

They probably got him for Hella cheap, he needs the work after all.

>he didn't see Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Normies literally don't know who Ironman is, it would be better if they made a movie about Captain America first, but no one gives a shit about a C-list "superhero" like Tony Stark.

Normies will hate the movie because they won't understand how Tony's powers work and won't like his personality, and hell, his actor was a fucking junkie 5 years ago.

This movie is gonna sink hard and Marvel will file for bankruptcy soon, screencap this.

He's gonna be popular among kids with toy sales

I'm a student teacher at drama class, and this kid named Tom said he wanted to be both Spider-Man and Iron Man's sidekick. And I told all the other kids to laugh at him. What a faggot.

And Rihanna youtube.com/watch?v=LqBiycUo_ew

I'm more psyched for the new Wolverine movie! They're gonna put Deadpool in it and he is my favorite character!

>ACDC
Bruh! SERIOUSLY? !

doesn't he do concept art for movies nowadays too?

Anybody have this weird fever dream where this guy from Not Another Teen Movie would star in a Captain America 3 years from now? And everyone would post videos of him laughing and grabbing his boob? It was so haunting.

I was so hyped ScarJo was cast as Black Widow, such a huge crush on her at the time

Why would anybody ever have that dream? he's already the human torch there's no way Chris Evans will ever be another marvel hero. Not that Marvel will be making movies 3 years from now, because when this shit flops it's gonna kill the studio.

superherohype.com/news/89471-marvel-launches-independent-film-slate

Marvel got 525 million in financing to make movies so one flop will not necessarily kill the studio.

neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61944
thecomicboard.com/forum/showthread.php?2546-Marvel-Studios-Updates&s=884a218a04999207b8fe4b131af18faf

lol I remember hearing all these news Ant-man got me really excited

I also loved what we got, fuck off Wrightfags he made me wait too long

This. It only got me more excited.

>yfw no Power Pack series

>neogaffe

It's rumored that John Ridley's secret Marvel project for ABC is Power Pack.

the iphone was released the year before, technology was more and more at people's finger tips. It seemed like we were living in the future, and ironman was really possible. It did rally just click at the right time.

God, late-2000s feels like a different world compared to today. Gettin old sucks.

>only ones there without any MCU representation are Power Pack and Shang-Chi
Fuck, I wish they made a Shang-Chi Netflix show instead of a Danny Rand one.

>Meanwhile in 2008
>He looks nothing like the classic Iron Man!
>God this movie's gonna suck.

No one said that it was gonna suck because of the armor didn't look like classic Iron Man, you fucking casual.

And it did

>Human Torch from Fantastic Four
>Captain America
The fuck kind of logic do you operate on?

>(you)

FUCK YOU, this shit looks straight off of an Adi Granov page. When was the last time you even read Iron Man, back in 96?

Looks cool as fuck

I don't blame him, it does look like it's from 2005.

With Guardians and Ant-Man, though the latter didn't have much rep before anyways.

yeah, i've been waiting for an ant-man movie for years.

I'll take a guess and say that OP was born the same year as the movie.

Just rewatched the Iron Man trailer and boy, people are complaining about Spider-Man Homecoming but the trailer had basically the entire movie in it

the fuck is this "Homecoming" movie? A high-school reunion with Toby McCrier as Spiderman again?!

Give me a break.

Oh yeah, they're still doing those. Hope they find a good actress for the Vulturess.

Would you like to explain what you did not like?

I think it's crazy that we are going to have a generation of kids who straight up grew up with the MCU. Like they will not know a world in which something like the MCU did not exist.

Nobody said that.

It was actually a pretty boring movie. Could have been 15 to 20 minutes shorter.

>Back in my day, we had to wait 3 to 4 years for Spider-Man to show up on screen again.

Obama's Republic of Hitlerstan

To be fair, it didn't have that much shit happen outside Tony's time as a prisoner and the fight

>multiracial Power Pack
Just no

>a good cap america movie. That is impossible
Heh

That was Iron Man 2, get your memes right.

Fast forward to now and we get mediocre Marvel "adaptations" left and right that just retread the same stories and adhere to the status quo making them about as interesting as dirt for anyone who has more than face experience with a cape character.

pat yourself on the back for me boyo