I HURT MYSELF TODAY!!

>I HURT MYSELF TODAY!!
Clearly people don't like the direction they are going!!

Other urls found in this thread:

the-numbers.com/movie/Star-Wars-Ep-IV-A-New-Hope#tab=box-office
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The difference between those is clearly not the difference between Force Awakens and Last Jedi, why lie?

Also sequels sell more nowaydays, specially universe movies

>undoing all of Luke's heroics by making him a pussy who runs off and hides on a distant planet
>bad unnecessary comedy LOL TONTONS SMELLY ON INSIDE
>dumb cutesy puppet yoda clearly just to sell toys
>adding minorities like Lando for no reason
>Darth Vader fucking reduced to hosting a dinner party
>Luke losing an arm just to piss off fans
>Han having nothing to do except be a loser who gets frozen
>Boba Fett looks cool but has zero personality
>know NOTHING about the emperor
>complete lack of ending and unclear future

Star Wars died after one movie.

Name ONE (1) pre-90s sequel that made more money than the first movie

protip: you can not

I AM SORRY GEORGE

>grr it was a different time!! ;_;
>my retarded meme!!

>2 disneybucks have been deposited in your account

Not comparable to TLJ drop in the slightest

ANH was in wide release for five years straight and ESB came out just after home video hit market meaning people could watch movies at home for the first time
Dont let that get in the way of your damage control through!

I love Sup Forums.
It was never good.

>one was on theaters for five years and the other had a normal run
Now show me a franchise in this century in which a sequel makes less than the previous movie and it's considered a success. I'll wait.

>its nothing tlj is huge

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
This level of damage control
Mousecucks absolutely SEETHING

Pretty sure the second Avengers movie is considered a success.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

>Pretty sure the second Avengers movie is considered a success.

Disney considered it a massive disappointment both financially and performance wise (with the fans)

They restructured the entire MCU following it

Also the original Star Wars was re-released in theaters a bunch of times because they didn't have video tape back then.

That actually sounds awesome.

Didn't know we had a Disney chairman with us here.

>>undoing all of Luke's heroics by making him a pussy who runs off and hides on a distant planet

But he didn't. He was specifically told to go train to be a bigger and useful hero.

How about another Lucas movie, "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".

>Darth Vader fucking reduced to hosting a dinner party

Didn't make more than Raiders if adjusted, and didn't make more in the US even unadjusted

>Not comparable to TLJ drop in the slightest

you're right

it's worse :^)

>They restructured the entire MCU following it
I'd love to see your maniac collage of vaguely related articles as your proof of this.

man you mouse cucks are sure are desperate. It's not enough that the movie still made money, but you still can't face reality that there are people who don't suck the mouse's cock 24/7

>ignoring that ANH was in theaters for 5 years
>ignoring that ANH had later theatrical runs
Boy Disney shills are stupid

>undoing all of Luke's heroics by making him a pussy who runs off and hides on a distant planet
Fuck you, Luke didn't take on Darth Vader in the first 5 minutes he's introduced to the world of jedis and sith you disney apologist cuckold.

>moving the goalposts
Okay, what about the Dollars Trilogy, and the Mad Max Trilogy in which every subsequent movie made more money than the previous one?

now fuck off

>inb4 he moves the goalposts and says these don't count since they weren't made by Hollywood

They fired Joss Whedon from future projects and and effectively removed the Marvel CEO, Ike Pearlmutter, from anymore involvement in MCU movies
Just google it

Now that we're all on the same page about Ep4 having an extended release, can anyone explain me why shouldn't TLJ make the same numbers as TFA? They had a very similar opening, it was the record breaking, career ruining weekend drop what caused the difference

ding ding ding!

Also there are historical factors, like the fact that all cinema attendance dropped when VHS got popular.

The original release of Star Wars and not the four different re-releases made less than Empire

>raising ticket prices to make it seem like you're more popular

this movie is gonna break one record, that's biggest drop for a sequel.

Something like 800 million dollars less than TFA

Rambo II
Die Hard 2
but yes, they were kinda rare

based

not an argument

Star Wars was in theaters straight from when it came out to before Empire. It's a phenomenon that is likely never to be repeated.

the-numbers.com/movie/Star-Wars-Ep-IV-A-New-Hope#tab=box-office

Even if you take the first two years as the original run ( which were not), it made 232 million in the first three years, then was re-released three years later.

That's a lot less than Empire

Empire Strikes Back considerably outperformed Star Wars in the original theatrical run

Star Wars had follow-up theatrical runs in the second half of 1977, and early 1978, and summer of 1979

DIE HARD 2: DIE HARDER
Bond films in general
THE KARATE KID, PART II
LETHAL WEAPON 2
Rambo II
MAD MAX 2

and so on.

the issue with the new star wars is that its 100s of millions behind TLJ, and has no legs.

At this point a "win" would be 1.3 billion, when they expected 1.7 billion.

Let's compare Luke's situations and see how Rey would do

>Luke gets attacked by sand people has to be saved by Obi-Wan
Rey probably fights all of them off with just a stick, handily

>Luke shouts "WHATS THAT FLASHING" when on the falcon
Rey probably not only knows what the flashing is, she knows what causes it and also knows how to fix it

>Luke gets sucked underwater in the trash compactor by some creature
Rey would be able to sense where the creature was, how to counter it, and also is aware of it's diet

>Luke has to be saved by the falcon when he goes to blow up the death star
Rey could do it on all her own cause shes a strong woman, no man would need to save her

>Luke gets caught off guard by a wompa and gets taken for food
Rey would never get caught, she has the strength to fight off the wompa as well with her bare hands. She can also do a jedi mind trick to make the wompa tribe take her and and help her survive the night and even feed her

>Luke can barely lift rocks with formal training
Rey can lift boulders pretty easily without any formal training

>Luke loses to Darth Vader in a duel
Rey beats a force user in a duel without getting injured. Don't give me that bullshit that Kylo was injured as well. Darth Vader is literally in a suit that barely keeps him alive, he is never 100% either. Luke still lost

Disney shills BTFO once again

Lethal Weapon 2
The Karate Kid Part II

The original Mad Max had like no marketing and grew entirely by word of mouth, even after it left theaters, so it generated massive hype for the second.
The Dollars Trilogy was somewhat similar I think.
Kind of the opposite of what we see with TLJ - all those movies surpassed expectations (because there really were no expectations) and caught on by positive word-of-mouth.

Don't forget the part where Darth Vader is Luke's dad. What a lame retcon! Everyone who seen the first film knows that Anakin and Vader are different people. Why would Obi Wan lie about that?

The first Alien was released 7 years earlier. if you take inflation into account it was more successful than the sequel.

This

The original Mad Max wasn't even released in theater, wasn't it? It's the reason why the sequel was retitled Road Warrior outside Australia.

shut the fuck up mouseberg

It was in 1980, they redubbed it for American theaters

>Vader is Luke's dad
SUBVERTED EXPECTATIONS

BRAVO KERSHNER!

Literally everyone saw Star Wars in '77.

Literally. Fucking. Everyone.

>Rey beats a force user in a duel without getting injured. Don't give me that bullshit that Kylo was injured as well.

You know people who always pull out "BUT KYLO WAS INJURED!" in this conversation always neatly forget the fact that the fight literally opens with Kylo using the force to throw Rey backwards into a tree so hard she loses consciousness wherein she has an unbroken fall literally like 25 feet straight down to the ground underneath it
By rights Rey should be in a fucking coma let alone beating Ren, injury has fucking nothing to do with it

>redubbed it for American theaters
Well, that's stupid. Never understood the point of redubbing something that's already in English.