Which one should I go see?

Both sound great. I'm pretty sure Three Billboards is more of the critical darling in this situation but I'd like to know Sup Forums's opinion. The racist cop cliche worries me a bit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MwJ_UeQVT_w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>"based on a true story" movie where half of it is made up so it can be "entertaining."
I don't care how accurate it is as long as it's good, I totally get where you are coming from though.

He’s not a racist cop he’s just an all around loose cannon asshole.

Lurking on this thread, would probably watch one of these on weekend

If you can take the Kevin Spacey version, of coruse you should go to watch Three Billboards, don't mind the liberal agenda, it's a good movie.

Three billboards is the best picture out of the nominations for best pic. All of the characters are enjoyable and it helps the movie chug along even when the story stalls a bit.

Three Billboards. Though at some point watch All the Money in the World because it is fucking insane how well it all works after replacing a main character and reshooting all his scenes in like 5days 2 months before the movie released

test

nice dubs

Neither see the shape of water

I don’t even notice a “liberal agenda” it was just a fucking movie. It’s just about a mother that can’t handle her daughters death and lashes and tries to push EVERYONES buttons.

I saw that last week actually. Pretty on the nose but I enjoyed it.

sounds like it's a movie about a straight up cunt, in that case

Yep, pretty much. She blames herself the whole movie but has to deflect everything so she can fund some peace. It’s well done.

god you have the worst taste, thinking 7/10 is "typical" of 2017. 7/10 is probably the high point for most of the better films this year

Well it seems that settles it. I will end up seeing All the Money in the World sometime though. It sounds good to me and the re-shoot aspect should be of interest as well.

I will be going to a screening later this week, woody & rockwell will be there, they usually stay to answer questions & maybe sometimes sign stuff.

What should I get signed?

Get Woody to sign your copy of Natural Born Killers. You do have a copy of Natural Born Killers, don't you user?

Could you ask Woody what the exact point when a man without a family becomes a bad thing is? I need to know.

Well, Three Billboards is a 10/10 from me, so probably that one. I'm seeing All the Money on Friday

Have him sign a picture of Mammario's tits from True Detective and ask him what they smelled like

Yes on dvd though, will that do?

I also have white men cant jump on dvd.

Of course.

Hahaha holy fuck

I will also be meeting William Dafoe, should I get a green goblin item signed or platoon?

I've seen both. I enjoyed Three Billboards much more. It drags at both the beginning and end, but the middle is excellent and it's a very well crafted story that feels very real.

All The Money In the World is very well-made and consistent with its pacing, but the story didn't quite do it for me. Christopher Plummer's character is essentially an alien on Earth due to his wealth, and he is well portrayed. I felt like Michelle Williams and Marky Mark didn't bring anything to the table. It's good, but not as good as Three Billboards in my opinion.

The racism in three billboards really is more about antiquity than it is intentional. He's a literal retard who gets his worldview from his mom.

All that being said I expected a lot more from Three Billboards.It's a really thin movie but it has some great performances going for it. Frances McDormand is awesome in it and Sam Rockwell, a testament to his career, fucking destroys his role.

>meets my favorite actor
It's really up to you user. Platoon will make you seem like less of a manchild but he's great as the Green Goblin. There's also of course the meme value.

Impressive!!
I know bro I fucking love dafoe, I have a platoon poster, but I feel like I have to get a spiderman thing signed just because its fucking spiderman & everyone knows spiderman.

I also met christian bale & gary oldman last week .. super cool dudes, especially Bale I didn’t expect him to be so down to earth, i swear he shops at sears or old navy lol

>racist cop cliche
I haven't seen the movie but literally every cop I've interacted with in Florida and Alabama have been small-dicked, power tripping, self-righteous faggots
they can't be portrayed badly enough

How? What do you do

>pretty on the nose
Wew. Wait til you see Three Billboards lad.

Not op but they’re all promoting their movies in NY & LA for Oscar Season. Lots of screenings with Q&As after. If you live in either city, check them out.

Yeah she's basically a pissed off cunt the whole movie. She's angry and blames herself for her kids death and does an amazing job at making you like her even though she's a bitch the whole time. That said this is the most depressing shit I've seen all year

I work at la weekly, i can get into some movie/tv screenings if I rsvp in time. They have actors/Directors for a q & a after the movie, then after the q & a we are allowed to go ask questions/interview the actors ourselves if we want & thats when I ask for a photo or something signed..I’m always the first one to not be professional & ask for a pic or autograph lol then everyone follows. the actors are usually always cool with it because they want us to tell everyone how good the movie was & some people at the screenings are in the guild & have a vote. Right now is oscar season so theres a bunch of screenings in the next 2 weeks.

imo Gary oldman will probably win a oscar for darkest hour.

I’m trying to go to a screening of Logan next week, I guess fox wants it to be nominated for an oscar. Wolverine himself will be there, so hopefully I can get in lol I just started this job like 4 months ago after 8 years of crap jobs, but I’m still poor the paya not the best to be honest

Gary Oldman is kino

He was promoting on graham norton and they played this quality clip and even got praise from Hugh Jackman
youtu.be/MwJ_UeQVT_w

OP here
I go to the private screenings here in la at the directors guild theater

But sometimes there are public screenings just follow the movie you want to see on Instagram or Twitter and sometimes they will have open screenings for them. They have a lot of them at amc in santa monica

Go see All the Money in the world. Plummer and Michelle Williams do master work level acting, and it comfy 1960's Italy setting is great too.

For the public ones though after the q & a the actors will most likely leave, so if you want a picture or autograph I suggest you sit front row & as soon as the q & a is over rush to them because they might stop for a few people at most, it could get crazy at the public ones

This is my favorite picture I’ve ever taken lol I told Christian Bale hes the Michael Jordan of acting & he LOL’ed

Three Billboards is excellent. I think Martin McDonagh has finally found the percent ratio of comedy to drama and it's better than Seven Psychopaths and In Bruges IMO. Haven't seen All the Money but Riddly Scott is Riddly Scott. AC was fucking horrible.

>All the Money
It was a nice movie. Plummer and michelle williams do really well. So does Romain Duris. Mark Wahlberg was a bit meh.

It looks great and has a ton of nice shots of Rome and rural Italy set in the 1960s.

>imo Gary oldman will probably win a oscar for darkest hour.
He probably will but fuck I hope not. He’s kinda awful in TDH. Just a big ham sandwich.

>all year
>3rd January

user