How do you feel about AUs?

How do you feel about AUs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g6N58c0sJKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Harmless fun that can get pretty retarded at times.

>Harmless fun
My friend.
Go look up Homestuck.
That shit is not Harmless fun.

That's Homestuck being retarded, not the concept of AU's itself.

>AU where Star is the bad guy and Ludo is the hero
Okay.
>Star's parents are now Ludo's parents and Star's in charge of all the monsters
Wait, why? Why not just swap the status of the Mewman/Monster kingdoms?

Any examples of it getting retarded?

>can get pretty retarded at times
Basically sums up EVER SINCE AU COMIC BOOK EVER MADE!

Simpler.

>How do you feel about AUs?
They can be fun to fiddle around with to certain extents. I definitely have fun creating AUs.

>How do you feel about AUs?

It's in AUtism for a reason.

The good ones, like OP's, are very cute.

If it's supported by the show in some way like in Svtfoe then it's usually fine.

At the very best they're something fun to think about for a very short period of time. 9 times out of 10 though it's pic related.

Also this.

And that is A-Okay

I enjoy stuff like role swaps a lot, there's usually nothing really substantial that comes from them but they're fun.

Cute example I got some images of.

That's it. Just always neat seeing familiar characters in new, interesting roles and such.

Neat

I like a few. That's about it.

Slave Star AU is not a thing yet... yet.

That's good

I am neutral to them but when an entire show's discussion is overtaken by AUposting then we have a problem.

Star AUs are all garbage.

Yeah, that's retarded. I'd like more interpretations of Ludo-Star where the statuses are reversed or the Butterfly family was overthrown in the past and monsters took over-- hell, maybe by Toffee in that battle against Moon that time (cheek emblems are an effect of long-time magical radiation so her family must've been around the wand at one point, even in this AU).

But I know this and most other AUs in this fandom are just a fetish thing or done for the aesthetics, so I'm not exactly surprised either.

How is this one a fetish thing?

Eh, most of it's like "can you imagine Star just wearing a chip bag? OMG so hot" or "imagine Toffee possessing Star he'd literally be inside her" or that kind of thing.

I'm definitely not saying everyone who posts/draws about it is getting off to it (like I said, it's also an aesthetic thing and Ludo-Star IS a fun design). Just a lot of stuff I've seen about is copypasting Star in Ludo's position and saying how much hotter the same situations would be because it's a cute girl instead.

Actually, it's usually a corn sack she's wearing in fanart I've seen of the AU. I don't think a chip bag would fit her

I've seen art of both.

But to me it's saying something when the biggest change in the AU is a corn sack instead. Like in every other situation she's depicted in it's just with the assumption that Star would have acted exactly like Ludo and done all the same things he did every time.

Even if I think Ludo being raised by Star's parents etc. is retarded (Star could still stay with Marco in this scenario since Ludo's royalty as well-- not like she'd be poor, Ludo could be on Mewni, both could keep their own parents since we actually have canon parents for both), the AU could still be kind of interesting to me if the comics/art showed how Star being in Ludo's position would make things happen differently because of her different personality. It's usually just LUDO, BUT STAR though

>"imagine Toffee possessing Star he'd literally be inside her"

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure they were just saying that to make a Chris Hansen joke

Since I've seen people saying that 100% seriously (not the "inside her" part, just wanting to see the scenario of Toffee possession), and not just for the AU but in canon too, I think some people just really like the idea and do find it hot.

And so I find that boring too because now it's neither Ludo nor Star, it's Toffee. what's the point, man

pretty good

Weirdest AU ever.

I mean they can get out of hand but they can be fun.

youtube.com/watch?v=g6N58c0sJKI

This is kind of fucked up when you think about how PB treats Finn.

Why?

it has potencial, admit it.

Interesting in concept but often People just switch the roles around and have everything work the same instead of exploring How different characters fulfilling different roles would cause the story to diverge. I don't wanna see "It's the same show but the protagonist is now the antagonist and vice versa", I want to see new shit caused by the changes.

Nope, it's definitely the best. And my favorite example of how a few events can destroy a normal timeline. And it's pretty amusing to read

Same.

Can we discuss a legitimately good Svtfoe AU for once? I hardly ever hear anyone bring up the St Olga's AU anymore despite having an ample amount of fanart and fics.

>mfw browsed the undertale tag on tumblr
I am fully convinced that fandom has more AUs than any other. Do not even fucking try anything associated with them, it's a black shithole of infinite variations of the skeletons.

I generally like them

AU's should be limited to cute "what if X was Y" pictures. Anything else is autistic and cringy. Just look at the million and one Undertale AU's, or Fallout Equestria (which is both autistic, poorly written, and lazy).

They are the pinnacle of autism.

Nah, I'm sure in this situation Prince Finn is just a bit of an airhead who has no idea Adventurer Bonnie even has a crush on him. It wouldn't fit right if he was just as diabolical as regular Bubblegum is.

>Grunkle Stan is the evil mastermind

They're pretty cool.

There's an AU where every other character is transformed into the same main character.

What fandom?

Pretty much all of them after the first fanart.

Ice kings gender swap fiona stories were pretty good
>white overknee socks, hnnnnnhg

I find the infinitely nested series of fanfiction worlds to be more interesting than what's going on in Ooo. I wanna see more Ice President.

So what's the story behind this AU?

Okay, as long as they are not too autistic.

>Gaz sporting that expression
AU or not, I am deeply terrified.

>Injustice

I'm surprised it took this long to come up

Bored people