>"I don't retire my own kind because we don't run. Only you older models do."

>1 hour passes

>*K runs away at the slightest inclination*

B R A V O

D E N I S

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t-u6cm6FsNA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i thought the whole point of replicants being legal again was because wallace made them unable to be disobedient? then why was K able to desert so easily? why were the newer models secretly organizing a rebellion? is wallace incompetent or just stupid? did he lie and make them disobedient on purpose? why would he do this? what would he gain from replicants not obeying his or anyone's orders?

>I bet you think we never lie

here's a hot take: replicants are human

Because he thought he was special.

Hope > Programming... or something

K had an A.I. basically constantly promoting his desire to be independent and he came across some bizarre evidence that almost no replicant would ever come in contact with that seemed to suggest he wasn't what he was told he was. There's probably very few things that can break the programming. That was one of them.

>a character changed his mind

OH MY GOD HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN???

Why did bubble girl give him her own memories?

Nexus 9 have glitches. Thus the "baseline" test. K fails it the second time he passes it. His boss tells him she can "help him get out of this police station alive", ie he should have been retired the second he failed the test. It's only his boss who failed.

K never disobeyed a command

was the hooker replicant nexus 9?
why was she free?
All those underground replicants who showed up at one point, where they nexus 9?
Why the fuck are there so many replicants who arent supposed to be mindless robots thinking for themselfs?

Did he retire the child as he was commanded?

I don't know how you fuckers could identify with replicants and them being sentient but can't wrap your heads around the Simulations being sentient and being more than just code in USS Callister Black Mirror

That's the point. Even though K was a replicant, he had never really been put in the situation of having to run away from society. He didn't know what it felt like to be one of the older model replicants. Once he had his awakening, he ran.

what the

No one in this thread cares about that garbage television program.

So women ruin a good man, yet again. Shocker.

If I understood correctly, she gave her own memories to lots of replicants to make them feel more human. K wasn't special, there might have been other replicants with that memory, it was just a coincidence that, due to his job as a detective, got the opportunity to test if one of his fake memories was actually real.

I guess all the rebels are Nexus 8, like Drax, ie they should be retired. The Nexus 8 set up the black out (see Black Out 2022 on Youtube), so now nobody knows who is a Nexus 8 or 9. The only way to know is to look at the serial number in their eye.

The hooker plays with K when she tells him "do you want to look at my number" or something like that. The chief rebel ripped out her own eye so we cannot check her serial anymore.

She's lazy

I thought it was just about them being more easily identifiable through etched serial codes

The false memories were what made the new model replicants controllable. When K started to believe his memories were real, that's when he started to assert himself. He was also bolstered by Joi, and Joshi genuinely cared for him and gave him a lot of leeway, unlike Luv's relationship with Wallace.

Sup Forums completely misunderstood BR2049. There is nothing to indicate that Joi broke her programming. There is nothing to indicate that N9 were as obedient as Wallace said, in fact the exact opposite is hinted at.

Also I guess the Nexus 8 (the rebels) have more free will than Nexus 9 (K), like David vs Walter in Alien: Convenant (Ridley Scott wrote both stories)

Because bubble girl sneaked in memories to make the new nexuses glitch unbeknownst to Wallace. Did you watch the film you brainlet.

It's one of the main points of the film. The premise is set up so that the audience goes into it believing "oh these new models never disobey", but over the course of the film we're shown evidence to the contrary. If they always obey, why do they need emotional baselines? Because is right, replicants are biologically engineered humans. They're not robots, they're grown human beings that we """program""" by doing the baselines and other means of control.

The point of the film is to show that replicants are human beings.

>N9 were as obedient as Wallace said

all depends on a two things
>are the rebel replicants nexus 8 or 9?
>did luv do all those things because wallace told her to go that far?

Far all we know K is the first nexus 9 to break free.

So honestly, keep slaves under your thumb or society collapses.

Fucking nail on the head, Denny V!

Wallace projected the illusion of control over the new models of replicants, but in reality it wasn't perfect. It required things like baselining to maintain that control. Why did he do this? $$$

why are we supposed to like this character who doesn't give a shit about anyone until he finds out he might be special

Then one of the other replicants would have already taken the wooden horse by now

>The point of the film is to show that replicants are human beings.

And real heroes.

Relatability?

>There is nothing to indicate that N9 were as obedient as Wallace said
In one of the youtube scenes wallace convinced some government officials to legalize replicants again by show them a replicant that obeys when wallace order it to kill itself.

>he doesn't know about embodied cognition

Brainlets thinak "replicants" are cyborgs or some androids.

They are literally lab grown humans,

/thread

They all "knew" their memories were fake, K says as such to Joshi (something like "why even ask about something you know was made up?"). K had to go visit memory chick and ask if it was even possible for a replicant's memory to be real. And even if another one had done that, he was in a unique position as a cop to go out and see the place for himself.

Is that you, Ryan Greensling?

Or does he not give a shit about anyone because he's been programmed to believe he is not supposed to?

the simulations in black mirror aren't autistic and don't have waifus so Sup Forums can't relate to them

nigga he lied o the liutenant's face

Yeah that one was fresh off the assembly line and all baselined up. The film makes it clear the longer they're out in the world the more susceptible they are to not be obedient

lab grown human's who can lift a ton.

except for they are robots. the idea is that the future of AI will collapse our conception of human and nonhuman, as darwinian theories collapsed the difference between animal and human.

Anime bullshit

No they're not robots. Nothing at all in either Bladerunner film indicates this in any way. They're not AI, they're biologically lab grown humans

Right before the prostitute left, she picked up the wooden horse and seemed to recognize it, hinting that memory had been programmed into her as well

She said "It's from a tree" when she touched it. I think it was just because it was made of real wood, and we later learn that makes it special.

Because Ana Stelline gave them memories that suggest acts of free will, because they contain authentic and real emotions. Also Wallace is in over his head because his delusions of Godhood made him think that his creations are perfectly obedient when they are in fact not.

>Darwinian theories collapsed the difference between animal and human
I don’t have a big enough brainlet image for this.

Replicants are biologically engineered lifeforms. They're not robots or AI because there aren't any cybernetics or machinery inside them (that we know of), and they aren't clones because they're not genetic copies of other humans. In the first BR they visit that dude who makes eyeballs and they're completely organic.

i'd embody her cognition

why didn't luv just kill k when they snatched deckard?

Personal reasons.

Here's a scene I didn't understand: When Wallace talks to the brand new replicant then kills her with the knife to the stomach. What the fuck was his problem?

I think it's kind of hinted at that Luv secretly crushes on K because he's a cool replicant who gets to do cool detective work

She wants him to die slowly from his injuries because she's a sadistic psycho. K survived because the resistance saved him from the hotel.

Wallace was blind.

He has delusions of grandeur and thinks he's a god because he can create replicants. To him they're like objects to be used and discarded without thought. The woman he killed was the latest test to see if he could create a replicant that could give birth. Once his robots scanned her and he saw she wasn't pregnant he killed and discarded her like the rest

She was an attempt to create a reproducing replicant, but she was barren so he stabbed her womb.

To show Luv that if she doesn't fulfill her purpose then she will be useless and therefore have no place in existence. It's the same morality that Deckard have in the first movie: Replicants are like any other machines, they're either a benefit or a hazard.

Did he/Luv ever directly say that? Been a while since I saw it so I don't remember the dialogue.

He's right about that though. Replicants being there next step in evolution is a big theme in the first film. Darwinism is the foundation of everything we know about biology, and it completely changed the course of human history forever. We believed we were special and separate from other living creatures. After Darwin we learned we are not apart from the animal kingdom but a part of it alongside them. These films are very much about breaking the last barrier that makes us believe we are truly unique and special, which is consciousness

I don't think it was stated outright, but it was heavily implied by his whole monologue and what was going on.

>Once his robots scanned her and he saw she wasn't pregnant
This dude even know how kids are made?

She liked him. She told Joshi this.

If Wallace is able to create replicants it stands to reason he can create one and artificially impregnate it before it rolls off the assembly line, my mentally challenged friend.

She seemed to like him, romantically. That's why she had that weird distraught reaction when she saw JOI in that scene. And in the previous scenes they had together, she was giving him the looks, but he wasn't recuperating. As for why she left him alive? Maybe she didn't feel like killing him until there was no other choice (when he tried to save Deckard).

You are literally too stupid to analyze a blockbuster. Consider this.

Because she knows he's irrelevant

Also Niander Wallace's name is reminiscent to Neanderthal.

makes even less sense then?

Wow what a great counter argument

She only follows K in order to find the child (or someone who is a better lead than K, e.g. Deckard), so why would she care if he lives or dies?

You took freshman biology and then invented a scenario.
>replicants being the next step in evolution is a big theme in the first film.
First of all, no. Not in the slightest. Not from any perspective. Like, I seriously can’t even comprehend how you got to this conclusion. I guess because there’s an owl there so... moron. Second of all, it’s not fucking evolution you fucking brainlet.

This movie has many layers, it is made to have many interpretations. K's baseline test is an excerpt from Pale Fire. It is famous to have many interpretations because it is made to be open ended. The movie in general is about our existence as humans because many make their own meaning of life, because we are sentient beings.

Because K was also looking for the child making him her competitor so why keep him alive?

Yes, and? You need to somehow make this not the most retarded post in the thread.

I just finished this movie no more than 20 minutes ago, only because of friend recommendation and all the posts on here about it. I haven't seen a full movie in at least four years. It wasn't as good as everyone said it was and I probably won't see another movie for another four more years.

The glass represents K's dick right?

You don't get it because it only make sense to him and not for you. Read. My. Pooooossssstttt...

i dont even know whats happening in this movie. hes looking for some girl that popped out of an old replicant? and the girl is a memory maker or some shit and then i dont even know what, harrison ford and stuff.

>I haven't seen a full movie in at least four years

what are you even doing here

She's the best one. He's not really competition in her eyes, just a tool

nigga you forgot about the fact that she fucking kissed him

Hey user: calm down. Put down the phone and take a deep breath. You're defensively shitposting and getting way too mad for this thread when no one else ITT has been hostile. Calm your vagina

Probably creating Sup Forums threads here like everyone else. Sup Forums isn't for movies and tv anymore, it's Sup Forums and Reddit's personal playground

the thumbnail, what is going on.

first day on Sup Forums?

It was hard to tell but the replicant that was just born was the same model as Luv, same actor anyway. He shanked the newborn right in front of Luv to show her that he doesn't give a fuck about her

I've read Pale Fire many years ago and I don't really get how it relates to BR2049. From what I recall the book starts with an ironically bad poem written by a dead character, and then the actual story takes place in the lengthy exegesis of the poem written through the unreliable perspective of another character. Were the writers of BR2049 hinting towards an additional metatextual layer of their own story? One moment that felt explicitly metatextual to me was Rachael's cameo, with both the character and the actress being artificially recreated at the same time. Maybe K's relationship to Deckard was supposed to represent BR2049's relationship to the original?

If replicants are humans created in labs then why the fuck does it matter wethear or not they can reproduce? If they need more humans they just grow them in labs.

A tool that had served its purpose once he led her to Deckard. If Luv had been professional she would have retired him then to not leave any loose ends but something about K made her sloppy.

>ITT: brainlets

educate yourselves
youtube.com/watch?v=t-u6cm6FsNA

They don't "run away" because they get tested every day for Base Line
Captain Lady could have had him "retired" but was nice and was going to let him take the test again (then he ran away)

Because their number would increase at an exponential rate if they could reproduce, rather than just continually creating them through a certain number of test tubes or whatever. Pretty sure this is said explicitly in the film

>a certain number of test tubes
Can't they just make more tubes? I thought the whole point of genetic editing and designer babies was that there would be no need for pregnancy. Actually that would be good for corporations as well since they wouldn't have to pay for maternity leave.