Aquaman Movie

SOLD.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/34583-black-manta-actor-vows-to-gut-aquaman-like-a-fish-macho-man-style.html
instagram.com/p/BT7wjH9jUuV/
youtube.com/watch?v=0AYfn9sTR7w
twitter.com/yahya/status/866209641310507010
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

newsarama.com/34583-black-manta-actor-vows-to-gut-aquaman-like-a-fish-macho-man-style.html

instagram.com/p/BT7wjH9jUuV/

what in the fUCK

KEK

>Manta confirmed
I've hated everything out of the DCEU so far but this is shaping up to be fucking perfect.

Goddamn I love me some Aquaman.

>Notice that Momoa seems to be the only one having fun starring in a DC movie
>Watch this
>mfw
This movie is gonna be all kinds of fantastic.

...I am fucking SOLD.

Oh lord, yes.

Don't even have hopes for JL, WW or Flash but Aquaman seems to be at least entertaining and unique in terms of setting. I wonder when we'll get Shazam news next.

>Director is hyped to "do the character justice"
>Tweeted out a Lovecraft quote about how the ocean is full of scary shit when it was announced he got the job
>Momoa is hyped as fuck
>Mera looks dead-on accurate
>Ocean Master and Manta right out of the gate
>Manta's actor is ready to crank it up to 11
>Really cool green-screen rig being used for the underwater stuff, looks good
>Apparently will take cues from the N52 run
>Shooting has just started
>No "the director quit, let's find a replacement, oh no they quit too" shit like with Wonder Woman
>No "I know the movie comes out in like a year but we need to completely re-write this from the ground up for the fourth time" like with Flash
>No "the executives are VERY concerned" like with BvS and Suicide Squad

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, but I think this could turn out good. It's shaping up to be the best thing the DCEU has to offer, like a child prodigy coming out of an abusive home.

Honestly, people can joke all they want about Patrick Wilson being Momoaman's brother, but he's got a damn good face for the Ocean Master mask.
Not to mention he works with Wan all the time, so you know he'll be at the top of his game.

>Director is hyped to "do the character justice"
This has never meant absolutely anything.

Half brother, you can just make Joseph Curry swarthy as fuck

>good director
>no development problems

faith
a
I
h

Now all they have to do is find an actual decent actor to replace Momoa and it could be great.

>>good director
what?

Black Manta: Hey, Curry. How's the wife?!
Aquaman: She's fine.
Black Manta: She sure is.
Aquaman: wut.

I'm paraphrasing here, but I recall James Wan put out a statement about how he apparently chose to do Aquaman over the Flash because it was a more unique project.
Because everyone thinks Aquaman is a joke, but that's so obviously untrue to anyone who actually reads comics.

It's not just a "the studio brought me on and I read through a trade" thing, he's super into it.

>Big buff dude who's been typecast as big buff kings who passionately fuck their hot wives
He'll do fine.

>It's not just a "the studio brought me on and I read through a trade" thing, he's super into it.
This reminds me of Duncan Jones and the Warcraft movie.
Like all capeshit, i'll wait until the movie comes out.

Wan does good work.
He knows how to use a frame and get good performances out of his actors, which is more than can be said of folks like Whedon and Snyder.

Out of everything so far it has the best chance.

That being said it could still be fucked by studio meddling.

Warner Bros will find a way to majorly fuck this up, I just know it.

I don't want the DC movies to be bad, I seriously don't. But Warner Bros. are not making this easy for me.

It's honestly better to expect them to fuck up, because if they by some miracle manage to not do that, then you'll be presently surprised instead of disappointed.

I'd fug that Mera.

The only way they could fuck this up is to change Manta's motivation from hating Aquaman to actually having a goal outside of just fucking with Aquaman.

I hope they don't give Manta an actual taste for Atlantean flesh. It would be horrific, yes, seeing this seemingly ordinary man cutting up nigh-invulnerable fish-people just so he can eat them alive, but perhaps a bit too edgy all at once.

rape backstory
yes/no?

RACE CAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!

I mean, in this day and age, he has to jokingly invoke it at least once.

god I hope so, just keep giving random reasons all the time for why he hates Aquaman

Manta: Typical Atlantean. Always trying to keep the Black Man-ta down.
Aquaman: We met after I failed to stop you from murdering several boats filled with African refugees.
Manta: I know, I just like saying that sentence (snaps Aquapuppy's neck)

>Manta thinks Aquaman is dead
>goes mute and works in a fish market
>sees that Aquaman is still alive on the news
>takes off his apron
>guts everyone in the store
>walks into the ocean
>comes out an hour later in full Manta gear
Sucks we might have to wait for a sequel to get a scene like this.

Hopefully they keep him alive and put him in Suicide Squad 2, just so we can get that bit about his ocular implants that make every target into Aquaman.

I fucking love how straight-facedly goofy Black Manta is.

>Black Manta keeps playing the race card in the vain hope that someday Aquaman will get frustrated and call him a nigger

that's perfect, hell he could just keep running different smear campaigns

I'd like to see Manta on a billboard with a big political style slogan for why Aquaman is to be hated.

"You will never hear me say the words 'nigger' and 'Black Manta' in the same sentence so get over it...wait."

>Black Manta smugly pulls out a tape recorder
>"BLACK MANTA you- NIGger"
MANTA YOU MADMAN.

"Let them in, Atlantis" about refugees. Even though as Arthur keeps trying to (in vain) point out:

a) Atlantis is many, many, many fathoms deep
b) It is underwater, so they'd have a hard time surviving down there
c) Even if you had submarines and scuba suits built to circumvent the above, it's so detached and different from land-based habitats that any skills the refugees have would be nigh-useless and they'd be competing in a very concentrated and controlled job market
d) Atlanteans don't take kindly to surface dwellers

Is Aquaman Rebirth any good?

I hope its a swerve race card. He says its for the people, but he admits in the climax that he just wants to take power from Aquaman, and the race thing made it easy to garner support. It makes an honest portrayal while also giving sympathy to his henchmen for just being naive and jingoistic. Fucking with Aquaman, and making a point.

It's good. Just good. But definitely worth a read.

hahaha that's great

>"WHAT HAVE YOU GOT AGAINST REFUGEES, AQUAMAN?"
>"YEAH, STOP BEING AN ISLAMAPHOBE"
>"HEY HEY, WE'RE PISSED, NO FASCIST ATLANTIS!"
>Aquaman relents
>Thousands of Syrians just march into the sea and drown
>Cut to Black Manta smugly watching CNN while eating popcorn in a bathrobe, his helmet still on, while Aquaman gets harangued by the United Nations

It's a pulp political action-adventure thriller. It won't hit you with any "aha, I can meme this" or overly excellent or morbidly terrible content, but it's a nice read with several arcs all ready out.

stop, stop, my sides are already lost

It's pretty good. I need to get caught up, but what I've read has a lot of good Arthur/Mera shit in it.

Also his dynamic with the Justice League is a really good metaphor for his standing as a franchise alongside heavy-hitters like Batman and Superman.

Location issues.
Social structure issues.
The locals would lynch the niggers issues.

Art imitates life.

What would be funnier?

His helmet having a little slot where he shoots the popcorn in?

Or he just tosses the popcorn at his masked face and it simply bounces off.

You know, a supervillain could pull the same thing against Wonder Woman and the Amazons by pointing out how isolated their island is and how the only person ever allowed into Themyscira was a WHITE MALE.

Tossing the popcorn at his face over and over.

Have it bounce off the mask with manta looking down sadly before blaming aquaman for making him wear the mask in the first place.

I want a cup of coffee promo.

youtube.com/watch?v=0AYfn9sTR7w

Sometimes I wonder, if Aquaman had been a woman, would Manta try to rape her?

>an hour later
It's funnier to think he just pops in the water for a split second and comes out with the armor

Wow wow wow. Hol up. Patrick WIlson is the Ocean Master?

>looks down at popcorn
>it's all bloody Aquaman heads
>blood is popcorn butter
>pics up a handful to put in mouth
>forgets to open helmet
>they go squish and slide down leaving a big stain
>rinse and repeat until he falls asleep
>wakes up next day
>has a pimple on chest
>vows to find Aquaman and shove a trident through his seahorse

I can't wait to see what they do as a costume, or even just the helmet.

This reads like a promotional superbowl teaser.

Nah, he'd just cry out his hatebon

Wouldn't that technically be cannibalism? I mean sure, Atlanteans aren't the same species but they're still humans.

humanoids not humans

But isn't Manta half anyways?

Manta makes up shit all the time for all we know he's from that island of black Kryptonians

Nah, helmet half off like spider-man/deadpool tossing popcorn to his exposed mouth. Or you know, mask full on, just smashing popcorn into where his mouth should be.
>hahaha! Fuck Aquaman.

I meant in the currrent canon, but sure, why not?

I like to think he's just so genuinely psycho that he believes any origin he just made up earnestly. Sort of like the Joker except instead of "Only if it's funny" it's "Only if it fucks with Aquaman/Gives me an excuse to fuck Aquaman's shit up". And also Manta is deadly serious and incredibly competent at what he does (Fucking Aquaman's shit up) instead of being gaaaaaaaaaay for Batman like the Joker.

I hope he doesn't talk like Hulk Hogan in the movie.

You forgot:

>Using the mad max fury road stunt team.

Guys stop it, you're actually making me hyped for a fucking aquaman movie.

>Hi! My name is Arthur and I -
>STOLE FROM THE ATLANTEAN TREASURY

Haha glorious

Diana would just stab the guy doing the pointing.

Yep.
If they do it as well as they did Mera's, Sup Forums is going to masturbate to him WAY more than they do to her.
You misspelled "break the guy's neck"

I'm a big fan also of them curing his autism through electric shocks

How can Black Manta go toe on toe with Aquaman?

Earlier he had some fun bantz with Wilson

twitter.com/yahya/status/866209641310507010

>the director said that it's going to be good!
>look, the actors are happy!
The MCU must be pure art, then.
Capeshit needs to die.

Literally autism

>Aquaman

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHA

>Aquaman cast loves cereal

hypercrisis too strong

>Hulk Hogan

That's Bonesaw my dude.

James Wan turned Fast and Furious around
I have faith in him

This

Shitstain Squad had the exact same things

He's talking like Randy Macho Man Savage, you uncultured swine.

Does anyone have the picture of all the times Black Manta brought up Aquamans dead son?

This movie has a chance to be good, but I don't trust WB. Also I'm not sold on Momoa and Mera.

Cautious optimism engaged.

Why does he hate Aquaman so god damn much?!

Goddamn I haven't been hyped for any cape movie like I have been for this one

>"I did not steal from the treasury you baby-killer!"

That was Justin Lin.

Wan was the Insidious guy then?
Welp, Asians all look alike and whatever

fo duh lulz

I like the guy, long as Manta doesnt sound like fucking Hogan

>inb4 Scooby Doo Coolsville interview

>Hogan

I hate all the existing DCEU films but I'm optimistic here because James Wan usually delivers.

What's with this one guy spamming Haha all caps in every Dc thread?

Oh yeah/10
Aquaman will be the best DCEU movie

lol nice.