Simpsons

>The latest episode was literally about Springfield passing laws that allowed for the dogs to become the masters of humanity

... You know, in retrospect, I think the fanbase was too harsh towards pic related. Outside of the alien episode, this might the dumbest fucking shit the show has ever tried to pull.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogtown_(The_Simpsons)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's not a real episode right?

It actually is.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogtown_(The_Simpsons)

It is, it totally is.

Homer runs over Gil, defends himself in court by claiming he tried to avoid hitting a dog, it works, laws are passed to favor dogs, the dogs take over, Marge kicks the alpha dog and the town is restored.

That's literally the plot of the most recent episode, it's just so stupid.

My fucking god
can they just take the plug off the show already?

The Principal and the Pauper is a good episode.

Not a great episode, as Sweet Seymour Skinner's Baadasssss Song did it's plot better previously, but still good.

>My fucking god
>can they just take the plug off the show already?
Because cheapness and merch?

Jesus wept.
This is Black Mirror-tier "social commentary"

In retrospect all the season 9 to 11 episodes are brilliant compared to what we're getting today. Even the jockey elves episode is a masterpiece of comedy compared to today

Nah, 10 and 11 still have a ton of unwatchable episodes, but at least Scully tried to do something new with The Simpsons. Jean's been on autopilot for over a decade, leading to nothing but bland, tasteless episodes with an occasional godawful one every now and then.

The difference between now and then is that Fake Skinner took place during the best years of The Simpsons where expectations were high and it showed that it was possible for the show to fuck up.

The reason why it's still universally remembered and hated is because it was the first real blunder they had. Everything since then has had severely lower expectations, people don't expect Simpsons to have grand stories anymore. When shit like Dogtown comes out it's what everyone expects and thus is unnotable in comparison.

>You know, in retrospect, I think the fanbase was too harsh towards pic related.
It was a funny episode.

I haven't even seen the dog episode, don't plan on seeing it any time soon, but though I'm sure it's shit don't think that summary in itself is the worst thing ever, Like there are a ton of actually decent episodes that you could make a one-sentence description of that'd sound stupid out of context too

I'm not even really defending the episode itself since, again, shit + didn't see it, but if you shit on either of the episodes in the OP for the most basic plot description rather than execution, jokes, etc., then you're doing Simpsons wrong

There are some episodes with terrible plots that'd never work ever (and they didn't), but just from stupid TV Guide descriptions I don't think either of those sound like that kinda thing. As in this dog episode maybe could've been great if someone else wrote it

What's actually less shitty then? Fake Skinner or Dog Takeover?

it was pretty hilarious

I've always liked "The Principal and the Pauper." It gets a free pass for the status quo ending since it was the first to poke fun at itself over it.

you never mentioned how the jury and the rest of the people in and out of Springfield just likes dogs. even more so over people.

you know, like how some people would react to dog cruelty but don't bat an eye over human cruelty.

>you never mentioned how the jury and the rest of the people in and out of Springfield just likes dogs. even more so over people.
>you know, like how some people would react to dog cruelty but don't bat an eye over human cruelty.
Uh yeah, but the episode is still about the dog uprising, not attitudes towards animal cruelty

pardon me?

fuck you guys I didn't mind the dog town episode, possibly because I despise that piece of shit Gil but still I thought it was above average recently for the show

it goes into that.
people skipped a lot of plot points so the summary makes it sound stupid.

the vet explains that letting the dogs get away with whatever they want practically undoes their domestication (turn feral).

but who cares, "simpsons has gone on for too long" right?

seriously, I'm constantly surprised how funny and kinda intelligent zombie Simpsons has been these past 3 seasons

>''don't you understand? [dogs] are born to follow and obey. the moment the pack realizes that humans are no longer their masters, thousands of years of domestication will fall away. they will revert to their wild [wolf] nature''

hmmm, really made me think

shiet dass rayciss maing

On a side note I was wondering:
People say the Simpsons lost its goods in Season 8/9

But we also praise early Family Guy. Going back, it's got some pretty decent moments but alas, fell prey to whatever consumed The Simpsons.

When did Family Guy stop being something decent and start being...whatever the hell Stewie being impregnated by Brian is?

>But we also praise early Family Guy.
Who's this "we" you're talking about?

WE ARE THE JOCKEYS

JOCKEYS ARE WE

Post cancellation family guy is considered when things started to go bad. Seth felt like it was impossible to get cancelled for a second time and became edgier and more preachy.

Damn, this is the most retarded trope ever. They do not realize that dogs and humans influenced each other heavily: some dog breeds are widely considered to be smarter than Chimpanzees, our closest relatives. You could propably teach a dog to farm and they would propably start to raise chickens and animals for eating. They will propably be the next civilization when humanity stops existing.

Nah, gorillas are smarter.

>next civilization
Nope. They'll be Crows.

The first season after coming back from cancellation wasn't that bad, but the show RAPIDLY deteriorated after that. I'd say somewhere in season 5, although I've heard many people call season 7 the first really disgusting season.

>Stewie being impregnated by Brian
This is some deviantart-tier bullshit

Why is Gil still around? He's the most annoying character in the show.

When Stewie went from "evil genius baby" to "flamboyantly gay baby".

He more or less replaced Lionel Hutz.

But Hutz was funny.

They've had how many years to realize Gil doesn't work as a character and replace him?

you are very incorrect

>You could propably teach a dog to farm and they would propably start to raise chickens and animals for eating
do they really teach this in american universities?

>passing laws

You're fundamentally misrepresenting the difference between statute and case (common) law here OP.

Statute law is what's written on the books. It's what your politicians introduce, vote on, and sign into law with your permission (in a representative democracy - but in a direct democracy, you'd vote on it via referendums which is a perfectly correct plural,
we're not speaking latin here). It can be changed and modified by both future statutes being passed into law, and by court judgements, as detailed below.

Case law aka common law is the law as determined by the courts. Maybe your politicians wrote a bad law which is incompatible with reality ("no breathing between the hours of 9pm and 7am"), maybe they wrote one which is incompatible with another law they wrote - or earlier generations of lawmakers wrote (just because you're running things right now doesn't mean you get to tear up everything else). So sections of laws, or the possible outcome of the systems of governance they describe, can be struck down by the courts when this is suitable.

In general, courts which descend from the English tradition (as all US courts do) defer to a system of "stare decisis", a Latin phrase which means that courts are bound over to accept the previous judgement of a court which is equal to or lower than their own - this prevents vexatious claimants going before the same courts over and over arguing the same things before different judges, hoping to get a different result.

This can lead to some interesting decisions, and in the case of the episode, the jury decided (and judge agreed) that in Springfield dogs have a higher legal status than people. Until challenged, this would then be the case in Springfield (except in reality it wouldn't, but in reality the lawyer doesn't speak directly to the jury).

But this could be struck down itself by a subsequent judgement from a higher court, or amended by fresh legislation.

Yes, my Hypothetical Emergence of Civilizations by Alternative Species Following an Apocalyptic Event that Wipes Out Humanity courses had a whole segment on the possibilities of a canine-based second neolithic revolution.

damn now i get the whole wood blocks and play doh thing

So about Season 6 or so was the last edge before the true decline.

I gotta say seeing some jokes from a recent episode...it's just bad. Like, an offensive joke from Drawn Together is funny, funny as FUCK. But Family Guy trying to do the same thing is like an ironic shitpost on Sup Forums trying to be funny.

Like "oh it's just a joke calm down" and acting like a plain sentence is somehow the same as a joke with a punchline. It's miserable.

You should really do the smallest amount of research, or at least Google something, before you express it as a opinion.