Was he the ultimate character for nerdy white guys to project themselves onto?

Was he the ultimate character for nerdy white guys to project themselves onto?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Officially-Licensed-Skywalker-Ceremonial-Jacket/dp/B00421A4E0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8
youtu.be/w4dJOgPXfKY
youtube.com/watch?v=52roqup9cm0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck nerdy white men

fuck characters

Leave Luke the fuck alone, Disney's tortured him enough

WAKEY WAKEY

> people are so upset that a majority population is "overrepresented" in their media

OBSESSED.

all guys regardless of race

He should have died in that car crash.

his jacket looks comfy, wonder if you can buy a replica anywhere

Yes, but he was also the ultimate character for EVERY guy (and even some women) to project themselves into. His life was the perfect representation of the hero’s journey, and If you didn’t enjoy it, or wanted for it to fizzle into my-SJW Wars glum ‘Jake Skywalker,’ then you should kill yourself

He was a character for anyone to project themselves onto.

Well, maybe not the people who would rather project themselves onto Admiral Tumblrina. I say people...

Westerners sure love projecting themselves into characters instead of seeing them as characters separate from themselves.

>mention george lucas once
>become character
Fuck off

Luke was really cute back in the day

I'll never understand this. As a beaner, it was nice in the moment to see representation I guess, but I would never stake my happiness on fictional characters.

I legitimately cannot tell the difference between pre-accident Hamill and post-accident Hamill.

>tfw always thought Lucas was some nerd writting a power fantasy
>tfw found out he used to be a chad, and loved cars and chasing women, and American Graffiti was really just about his teen years

Autistic facial blindness

Luke is a country boy, not a nerd.

>Was he the ultimate character for nerdy white guys to project themselves onto?

No. You ever see a Star Wars wedding? The groom is always Han. He's who nerds project themselves on

han solo was cooler

and being white is awesome

the groom is always han because luke is celibate

fuck you

no, back then nerdy white guys fancied themselves as han solo
it wasn't until the oughties that white men stopped aspiring to be alpha and settled on characters who were losers like themselves, like kylo

He did.

amazon.com/Officially-Licensed-Skywalker-Ceremonial-Jacket/dp/B00421A4E0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pdt_img_top?ie=UTF8

It's not as bad as people make it out to be but his one eye is obviously fucked up, dead giveaway
George Lucas c.1976 was legitimately super handsome, he JUST'd really fast after getting rich and divorced though.

Solo more than Luke. The charisma of solo would be more desired than the end power of Luke, but they would all still want their own lightsaber

Reminder

Such a dweeb.

No wonder white kids were drawn to him.

Luke... had a hard life.

Except he wasn't. Besides men and boys don't like to see themselves projected. All the most popular male characters are better than average men

Luke was an everyman. He had friends at the local hardware store, shot wamprats in his spare time, and complained about being adopted.

literally the most fucking bland character in cinema history. at least until rey and finn

I'm still mad. They couldn't just leave him well enough alone and let him have a happy ending, or at least portray him as a wise old sage teaching others about the benefits of self improvement that he experienced first hand when he was young. Nope, he just had to be a miserable failure and also the Jedi suck, learning and bettering yourself is for tools, and the past is just something to be disregarded.
Fuck you, Rian.

no, you retarded ideologue
people don't project, people emulate
he was the archetype of the hero, an archetype as old as storytelling itself

the man who rises from nothing, discovers a calling, faces overwhelming odds, doesn't give up, succeeds, is faced with despair at his inherent weakness by finding out he is the descendant of the greatest of evils and has the same potential for evil, conquers his despair and not only that but by acknowledging the importance of his own free will in the choice between light and dark, he sees the same in his father and redeems him from the dark

he is what nerdy white guys saw as potential, not as identification
he embodied the "hope" that the retards spew as a buzzword in the last movie

and then he milked alien sea cows after trying to kill his nephew for dreaming of the gay side of the force
these are today's stories. enjoy

That's not Kirk though

good post

He was a farmboy that wanted to get out of his small town, like a lot of Americans at the time.

sounds like a tryhard from /r/asianmasculinity

I always wonder why these people don't watch Indian or Nigerian or Japanese kino. It's not like there's not much of it. Nigeria alone's made over a thousand flicks and none of them have any ghastly scary white people in them.

That would be Han Solo.

no he was a weird looking goofball with no chin/jaw, dramatic poses staring into the distance with a full beard do not mean you are attractive.

>Japanese kino
Examples?

>White people
>Majority in America

And i'm talking real ones not meme ones with brown eyes

Why do people feel the need to lie about how Mark Hamill reacted to TLJ?
youtu.be/w4dJOgPXfKY

white "people" cringe thread?

What's wrong with being white, nerdy, or male?

>asking for japanese kino in SW thread
Really user

Because in films he had professional makeup and favorable lighting and angles to hide his facial scarring. In subsequent years he had cosmetic surgery to pretty his face up.
This isn't true, there's photos of Hamil after having the surgery without makeup, and he has crater-face on one side. On camera, yes, the only real difference was his eyes ending up asymmetrical and the corners of his mouth, but again, Lucasfilm did everything they could to disguise the surgery.

I have never in my life "projected" myself into a character of a movie. I have never met someone that claimed they did. Where do people come up with the assumption that this is a normal way for people to watch a movie? Is it because toddlers play pretend with toys?

I identify more with Anakin.

You have autism.

>that accent
fuck off

He looks good in that pic senpai.

Apparently.

I can't stand this fucking meme. Can I have my MILKIES nao?

Nigerian kinos are rayciss.

youtube.com/watch?v=52roqup9cm0

Im the same as well, i cant even think of rpg characters as my self.

The last samurai

Why not?

I projected myself onto that one stormtrooper who hit his head on the door frame.

He was the perfect character for the plot, not the audience. Thats one of the problems with these new movies, they try to do the opposite.

i am not white and what is this?

Or they wanted the bride to be Leia and still avoid the incest overtones.

Nicely put, user.

don't like the color though tbqh famalam

The accident wasn't really that severe.

it doesn't help that he looks like me as a teen

It doesn't seem that that was the intention. I'm pretty sure he's a Chad.

Can someone show me some comparisons? It's his right eye on his right, correct?

Because Lucas admits he was hugely inspired by Kurosawa, especially Hidden Fortress.

>whines and bitches for two movies and then gets his ass kicked
>only succeeds after manning up

No.

Is this post-accident Hamill?

if only he was a chick born with so much power and knowledge of everything except her parents that no one ever can beat her and she could do no wrong
i could project into that
i could project into that hard

yes, the betas projected themselves as Luke and the cooler guys thought they were Han Solo; it's one of the main reasons why the movies were so fucking popular right away, escapism at it's finest

Yes, that's why manchildren hate The Last Jedi so much

He's a big guy

what did he mean by this outfit?

Yeah probably. He struggled with problems and overcame them. He loved and respected his father. He hated evil and lived a moral life. A lot of white guys like stuff like that.

i always thought luke was a faggot 2bh vader and han were both cooler

Handsome as fuck

As an agekin i allays felt a stronger bond to old wise Ben.

(you)

Is this for real or satyrical? non-rethorical, I just can't tell anymore.