Even if you didn't have a problem with season 5 you can't deny that this was wasted potential

Even if you didn't have a problem with season 5 you can't deny that this was wasted potential

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13027207/
youtu.be/euo98i4vuaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I still find it funny how SJ Critics have their thoughts well written and understood while SJ and Genndy cultists can barely find a reason to defend their sad excuse of a show

Everything about the fuckloads of needless characters they showed soley for nostalgia was wasted potential

all the new characters end up dead.
the robot, the priestess, the cult, ashi's sisters and Ashi.

whoever I forgot to mention is also dead because the future got undone.

That's what I thought until the final battle. I was shocked at how WELL everything was incorporated into just one single episode - all the characters we saw got to play key parts.

Worth it to save the past

>all the characters we saw got to play key parts
being cannon fodder?

what the fuck was the point of wasting time naming the scotsman's daughters? they were going to get killed off in the same episode.

>key parts
>getting their shit kicked in by aku so that he conveniently forgets to safeguard literally the only thing able to harm him
>key parts
The laziness of the writing was astounding, all of the credit for Jack winning lies solely with Aku

>[citation needed]
If your thoughts are so well organized you should be able to prove that claim of yours.

You couldn't post this in the other 20 samurai jack threads?

Yes, while giving Jack a chance to fulfill his destiny
(Other than the Scotsman, of course, who was just awesomely OP as fuck, and without whose powers it's likely Aku would have stopped Jack and won.)

what the fuck is in the past? all the characters we like are in the future, it's where Jack spent over 50 years of his life. looks like none of those schmucks were important to him except the one chick who tried to kill him and fell in love with over seeing her naked.

pic related is what Jack should have done and it would have saved us from a terrible finale.

Each Samurai Jack thread means one less DCEU thread.

It's worth if it.

I agree that was lazy writing but it basically made no difference - with Ashi's powers she almost certainly could have undone any safeguarding Aku could have come up with.

Who the fuck is that?

If your family and friends were enslaved and the whole of humanity suffered for entire generations, what the fuck would be more important to you?

It's not about what you want.
It is about what Jack wants.
This was his quest, his story.

Don't bother arguing with futurefags. Their priorities are fucked up.
Were you trying to make a haiku there?

Quick, give some evidence based on what actually happened in the show that supports it. Contrary to all the times when he could actually go to the past, but chose not to, because he clearly saw saving the present and the future as a priority.

>ASHI YOU HAVE AKUS POWERS
>*gasp* I DO!

SJ Critics:-

>"My problems with Season 5 are its pacing and lost potential, and I'll explain why."

>"I liked the first half of the season, but the second half disappointed me because of how rushed and incoherent it is."

>"Genndy's biggest mistake was giving Ashi too much screen time and giving her complete control of Aku's powers to be Jack's plot device."

Genndy dick-riders, on the other hand:-

>"The ending was perfect, literally nothing was wrong with it!"

>"MAD! SALTY! BUTTHURT! VIRGIN!"

>"MUH TUMBLR BOGEYMAN!"

>proceeds to be able to do something as complex as opening a time-portal in literally less than a minute

Yes, we know it was badly paced, like the whole season really. Doesn't change the fact the the ending was practically perfect otherwise.

>"Aku no longer exists lol, bye" *poof*
>"ASHI NOOO!" *tears*
>considering this mess perfect

did they explain why he wasnt aging?

>badly paced
You might want to reread my post, user.

Lolno, it completely contradicts most of the show and invalidates it at the same time. If they were adamant about proceeding with the general idea for this shitshow of an ending, there are only two ways to save it:

1. Make Jack and Ashi fade away at the same time, while saying sth nice to each other. This is logically sound and actually bittersweet.
2. Go through with all the idiotic stuff, but at the very end Jack sees something that reminds him of Ashi, which causes the sudoku horseman to appear and Jack follows him, the end. Jack has nothing to be happy about, he fucked up and is facing an eternity of blueballs and tormenting himself with what he did. SHowing him smile because he saw a bug is pants on head retarded and completely uncovincing.

no

faggots will tell you that he doesn't age because of the time travel, which was never addressed as such in any of the previous seasons. example: King Jack in the Guardian's prophecy is an old man, gray hair and eyebags, so from the start of s5 that king jack theory was shot down.

but the truth is that the "no aging" thing was introduced in this new season and it pretty much exist just to keep Jack young to pair with Ashi. nothing but an excuse for waifufaggotry.

Aku says why in the second episode

At first I wanted Jack to stay in future, but then I realised that it's not really needed. What WAS needed to adress future AT ALL. We don't get any info on what happens to them, Jack doesn't think about them, no resolution at all for future side.

You're a retard bub.

The ending was not practically perfect it was a cluster fuck and clearly they ran out of ideas to bring jack to the past so they decided "lol easy plot device can just make a portal". Lazy. The whole thing was clipped and pasted together like a 5th graders science project.

>literally every time in past episodes Jack had to choose between using the portal and helping/saving people of the future, he chooses the latter
>literally almost everyone he's ever known is now dying horribly to the ultimate evil
>'lol fuck off now bye'

Whenever he chose to stay he did so because of people dying right there and then, because he has a soul you damned robot fool.

Thanks for proving yourself wrong, although it wasn't really necessary.

>all those people he knows are standing against future Aku
>Future Aku is completely fine
>lol bye
Well, people were not dying RIGHT now, but I'd say they won't last longer than a minute.

Wow I didn't know jack, who's constantly sacrificed going back to the past on behalf of others, was suddenly so selfish.

>because of people dying right there and then
>literally nearly fucking everyone he's ever interacted with in the last 50 years minus his waifu and the scotsmans kids are dying violently right then and there
really fools my samurai

At least those people get to go to the afterlife you fucking retard. Jacks friends get to suffer and fight against aku and will never ever get to enjoy the afterlife.

>ashi about to die
>what should her final words be
>I love you Jack
>no how about "without aku I am nothing" because we literally have to explain why she isn't going to exist in her final breaths

Ok, now post the related links that prove what you're saying isn't just hearsay or your own opinion asserted as fact.

>high school
>7 subjects
is this for real?

I'm loving how salty this is making the autistic permavirgins

keep REEEEEEEEEEEING away you dumb robots, I'm sure you would make a far better cartoon if you weren't wasting away in your mom's basement

Nice fanfic, brah.

>complex

Screaming isn't very complex, user.

It was really the only way to end this show. If you don't understand that, you're not a true fan.

Again, pacing issues aside obviously.

This post is yet another reason I'm so glad Genndy was writing this and not Sup Forums.

You call that well thought out and organized?
>Pacing
Pacing complaints is a buzzword, it doesn't mean anything by itself. From complaint to complaint it means they wanted a long, drawn out season full of more callbacks to earlier seasons and more time on characters doing redundant things like Scottsman recruiting an army which would consist of him going up to people and asking them to join and him saying ok. Pacing complaints is the catch-all complaint for people who don't like something and aren't articulate enough to use words good.

>Lost potential
Boils down to Gendy didn't focus on what they didn't want him to focus on. Minor gripes.

> Rushed and incoherent
It is not.

>Ashi too much screentime. Ashi explored a different side of Jack and Jack always had the vast majority of screentime anyways. You would complain about this if you didn't want a show with romance or companionship between Jack and a woman at all. It's a small complaint.

All in all. Lots of nitpicking. Like people saying the show is Trash because Jack undid the future that is Aku.

I didn't dislike the new SJ, I just wish it was twice as long so everything didn't feel so rushed and characters (like the Scotsman and his daughters) got some more room.

This comic would be brilliant, but the partisanship ruins it.

SJ has always been known for its terrific dialogue.
>complex
Where was it stated that this was hard for Aku?
>this ending is shit, here is how it should've ended according to my headcanon:
This is not even funny.
Yes, can't you see how some of the anons I replied to above are already pulling headcanons out of their asses over something the show didn't go in greatest detail about?

No they won't, because they were never born. The world in which their parents came together, the defining moments of their history never came about because the dude whose agenda shaped the world was dead before he could do so.

They never suffer for a moment because they're never born. Instead, the world gets a chance to see what kind of future it can forge without an evil immortal alien demigod stomping endlessly on the face of mankind.

S5 is nothing but wasted potential.

ashi's introduction makes the previous 4 seasons irrelevant.

you could cut all of samurai jack down to a movie. since you don't really need to bother building up the dogs, the scots, the spartans, the ravers, the quakers, the bakers, or the candlestick makers.

>"Now let's go find Jack"
>doesn't go find Jack
Did Genndy forget?

I've seen another version which was much more crudely drawn with roughly the same script. (and in fact I just found it)

It would be nice to see a version of this as well-drawn but with just two generic cartoon characters.

>well written
>"shit sucks because I don't really like it that much"

as someone that loved season 5, they could have stood to be in a couple more episodes.
The payoff at the end was still good.

My grip with the series is entirely episode CI.
The rest were inside a "tolerable" threshold.

The finale, however, snapped that threshold and forced a sad ending that wasnt properly foreshawdowed
nor made much sense. They pushed the suspension of disbelieve a little too far. Maybe they didnt for you and you enjoyed it, but it sure did for me.

not dead... just never born

how is going back to the start confusing all /co, are you guys retarded?

>not dead... just never born
You say it like it is better. SJ has a heaven, so "dead" is pretty much inconsequential on the long run.

yeah, 10 episodes was really too short to wrap up an epic like Samurai Jack

but its very likely that the characters from the future will still be born in an aku-less future, exept for ashi since aku was literally her father
fucking shit Sup Forums i get it, the pacing was this season was off, especially coming from such an episodic show.
but how does everyone miss this,
THEY EVEN SHOWED AKU THROWING JACK INTO THE PORTAL THEN RETURNING A FEW MOMENTS LATER

While I agree to a certain degree, everything can be considered wasted potential because you can never be sure if it could have been done better. As a criticism, saying something has wasted potential is kind of redundant.

Aside from this king Jack doesn't look that much older, to be honest. He has bags, but so did Jack when he was in beard mode. It could have been just exhaustion from the future. It's not like they painted him as a decrepit old man.

If Ashi hadn't used her powers to bring Jack to the past all of you would be complaining about her wasting her power.

I'm not sure I'd clasify Samurai Jack as an epic. Epics tend to have stories with a lot of continuity beginning to end, a wide range of characters and many events of change for them. Samurai Jack feels more like a western; lone hero, goes from place to place, individual adventures without much much real continuity except small pieces here and there...

Aku has destroyed every last time portal. The only way to get through one is to make one.
You think Aku would summon a portal as he is defeated?

>ashi creates the time portal
>portal covers jack and ashi
>jack looks around him, confused
>scotsman gives him an approving nod
>the portal then transports jack and ashi
>aku says oh no

this scene would have taken less than 10 seconds and would have covered one of the major (and valid) complaints i've seen, that the future characters had no say and were unaware of jack being able to go back and "erase" them

>Scotland
>Celtic
>celtic

Did the celts cease to exist when the Anglo cancer invaded what will be known as the United Kaliphate of Great Bongistan?

Mad Jill

Nobody is saying that you autist.

strawpoll.me/13027207/

There are autists using shit arguments on both sides.

youtu.be/euo98i4vuaU

how about this: Ashi NEVER had Aku's powers.

being the literal daughter of Aku and being able to puke a time portal just reinforces her status as mary sue, plot device and manic pixie dream girl.

there's many point in S5 where you can see where the plot is taking us.

Jack doesn't age: no King Jack, Guardian's prophecy is wrong and Jack doesn't use his portal.

Aku destroys all time portals: no going back for Jack.

Jack falling in love: Jack suddenly has a reason not to go back or to not involve her in his dangerous mission. it's why he left her in episode 9.

jack should have just taken the scotsharem

They could've seen what that future would be by killing future aku, though, rendering that hopeful sentiment pointless.

Hey, I would have been fine with an ending in which Jack didn't go back to the past. I would have preferred it if he stayed in the future. But Genndy knew most people wanted Jack to go back, so he had to do it somehow.
I still don't know why you people call her Mary Sue. The plot doesn't revolve entirely around her, not everyone is instantly charmed by her and she does have some flaws. There is an explanation for her abilities and she is still quite fallible; she didn't accomplish any victories until episode 6 and not even a combat one related until 7.

>LOLNOPE WE'RE JUST GONNA HIT THE RESET BUTTON FOR DRAMA AT THE EXPENSE OF A REALLY LIKEABLE DEUTERAGONIST

I've yet to read a compelling pastfag argument.

>>this ending is shit, here is how it should've ended according to my headcanon:
>This is not even funny.

Not sure how you failed to understand that this is not how I think the show should end. Just possible ways to make shit ending slightly less shit through an extremely extravagant idea of following though with its own logic.