What does Sup Forums think of pic related?

What does Sup Forums think of pic related?

I almost broke up with my qt gf over how split we were and was wondering if other people are this divided over this movie.

I wonder how anyone could dislike it. One of the best films I've ever seen.

I have always liked it. Some don't. It's ok to not always share the same opinion you know. No reason to split for a fucking movie i mean.

See that's what I thought, but she said the ominous music throughout the movie bored her and that she could see the twist coming a mile away.

I said it wasnt about the twist and about character development and we got into a huge fight.

Ultimately I told her any opinion she had of the movie was completely invalid since she fell asleep for like 20 minutes halfway in.

A patrician's The Matrix. One of the mos red pilled movies ever made.

Then surely you'd agree it's reasonable to want to break up if she would give it a 6/10!

Total brainlet, right?!

It's not like she was too intelligent and it was below her. Her favorite flick is Mean Girls, after all.

Waffles on the ending a bit. A good mean ending would've been he lands on the crash mat and realizes he's still alive, then cut to credits. A good happy ending would've been he lands on the crash mat, gets up and sees Sean Penn is still alive and they hug, then cut to credits.

Either would have preserved a sense of mystery and ended on a good "A-ha!" moment. As it is, it feels a bit too literal, a bit too anti-climactic, and it has the sense of trailing off instead of ending strong. I still really like it, though. A nearly-great movie.

I also felt a bit miffed about the ending feeling it was a bit too on the nose but ultimately after considering the alternatives (much like yours), it was the clear winner.

The story needed resolution and it wouldn't have made sense otherwise, imo.

that depends.
how often does she lick your dick clean of smegma with her tongue, and with what level of enthusiasm?

The Thinking Man's Total Recall

So was it a good birthday present?

Seems kind of a shitty one to me.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

>the game
>you lost it la

Very often, very enthusiasticly, and very consistently for the last 3-ish years. Swallows every time, too.

Is that really the best someone could ask for, though?

You quoted the wrong person, thus you are wrong regardless of any argument you bring up.

>she fell asleep for like 20 minutes
You're 100% right that invalidates her opinion, not a reason to dump her but she needs to learn not to be so goddamn uppity.
Also it's a good movie so she's wrong about that.

can you post some pics of your gfs feet?

it's one of those great movies you wished you could forget so you can experience it again.
also
>watching movies with women ever
>they fall asleep
>they check their phones
>they talk about stuff other than the movie
>they suddenly get up to grab something to drink/eat, and they tell you to not pause it

Maybe, if I had some. I don't though and can't really imagine why I would.

>caring about a female's opinion
You're doing it wrong. As long as she's not the one sperging out about your opinions that's as good as it's going to get, buddy.

I saw it as a young teenager, and it blew my mind. Re-watched it again as an adult, and it's still a very good movie.

also, great movie

This is very true, but watching movies with girls can be super fun. You just can't watch movies that you actually care about, it has to be something that's just for fun. One thing I miss most about being with my ex was that we would always watch dumb horror movies together and it was so fucking fun.

I learned long ago that restricting your dating pool to women with "good taste" means a lifetime of loneliness. The girl I'm currently seeing told me that "A Time to Kill" was her favorite movie and I'm so jaded by most women's tastes that I was pleasantly surprised by her choice.

The Game and Mr Ripley are excellent movies which are worth re watching every few years.

I had the same thing happen to me.
>her: is that it!?
>me: why don't you like it?

It turned out I'm assuming is because she's part aspergers and young she didn't pick up on him being an asshole at the start and that the gift of the game was to shake him out of it.

If you don't get that he's an asshole at the start it doesn't make sense. When I watched it in the cinema in 97 or whenever it came out, everyone I think understood he was an asshole. But nowadays because of the internet, everyone is an asshole.

I loved it, really hit home. Saw it when I was mid teen

sure, watching fun goofy movies you don't care about is fun.
I was referring to movies that you care about or want to share with them. Very frustrating. Sad!

Basic Instinct is a nice watch with a girl

I'm not even memeing. this movie got my heart pounding and keept me at the edge of my seat.

So wait, the whole

>Movies women will never understand

is real and not just a meme?
Any girls on here to confirm they don't like this movie?

Based la poster

yes

Ive seen Mr. Ripley, never The Game. How are they comparable?

There are many movies women don't understand.
That's simply because most movies have a male protagonist, with motivations and reactions that are unique to males.
So in those instances, where the male character chooses to do "B" instead of "A", is where women lose all connection and understanding of the plot development and future situations.

Think they came out the same time

>I saw it in theaters when I was 16. I literally knew nothing about it. Never had watched a trailer, didn't know anything. I tagged along with my older brother.

The movie blew me the fuck away.

Only other movie to do this was Usual Suspects which was another movie I watched in theaters knowing nothing beforehand. Now it sucks because you see shit all over the internet. And everything has a twist. Those were the pre-internet days.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Can you name any other movies that fit into this category? I wanna test it out.

Sad if true.

>girl at start watching: Oh he's rich and attractive
>girl wacthing at end: ew he's a hobo and gross

I always totally forget how this movie actually ends a few weeks after watching it.
I really don't know why because I really like it. Seems like a gift so I can rewatch it as often as I want

Of course you know what the twist will be the whole time. That doesn't make you a genius. The movie just does a good job at making you doubt it by the end.
In fact, thinking that the movie is about the twist instead of watching a man spiral into oblivion, then you are probably a fucking brainlet. Just tell her that she could never empathize with the main character because she is a woman.

Not really. Most women just pretend to get it/like it, so you won't get upset.
That's why "Master and Commander" is a good example, because the male side of things is gradual and subtle. It starts with motivations and actions that are clear to anyone. And then you know the rest.

This movie. Woman will not understand it.

Takes place in 4 years kek.

sounds like your gf has a higher IQ than you

He's an asshole the whole time. He thinks money can solve all of his problems because he's never encountered a problem that money couldn't solve.

It's a classic Scrooge story arc

It's still a possible future. Just imagine when everyone gets thrown in technoprison for posting alt-right pepes on twitter.

How does her thinking she's smart because she saw a "twist" that really wasn't one. The movie spells it out for you the whole time, and at most just tries to make you doubt it will actually be that simple.

This movie literally depicted and predicted alternate reality gaming.

The problem is that IT'S CALLED "THE GAME", so you know the whole thing is a set up thus removing the suspense. It would have been better if he didn't know what was going on. Wasted potential!!!FACT!!!

Pretty much man

Yes but you never really know what "The Game" entails. They get people he knows to act like The Game is a giant conspiracy that they are trapped in and it's making them do weird shit, when in reality The Game is solely based on the MC and everyone else is just playing along. The movie does a fantastic job of making you question your assumption that everyone is in on it and everything is just part of the game.

Those dudes in the lobby talking about wishing they could forget about it so they could experience it for the first time again was so god damn poignant. The movie is Kino.

I dont get it.

In 1997 'The Game' didn't mean anything because twists like this were not in every single fucking movie.

So why does Sup Forums hate David Fincher again? Everyone in this thread seems to like The Game. Is it only because he made Fight Club, Reddit's second favorite movie?

His overwhelming body of work is eh at best. Liking one or two of his movies doesn't change that.

I disagree, I don't think he's made a bad film yet. And Panic Room even is a criminally underrated movie.

Agreed. Even Alien 3 was pretty good, dedpite all its flaws

Se7en
The Game
Fight Club
Zodiac
The Social Network
Gone Girl
>eh at best
Maybe I'm just a pleb but I do know I've heard significant praise for those last two on here.

se7en is nice too

Fuck. I just lost the game.

ultimately not believeable but fun if you just decide to go with it and have fun

The ending and explanation for what was happening was about as cheap as you can get. The whole movie is based around why is this crazy shit happening and then you find out that its just a prank bro. I don't see how anyone could watch it twice after knowing that.

10/10 with the goat actor after Jack Nicholson

Havent lost in years. Fuck you OP

>I'm smart because I only understand movies on a surface level

its even better the second time. First time you imagine yourself as Micheal, the second time you feel like one of the actors in the play

>"It's just a prank bro!"

Guess you find that pretty intellectually stimulating.

>>>>>

user just save face and say you're an EBIC TROLL 4 TEH LULZ so then we could just think you're some fat lamo who can't contribute to a conversation and most likely has no friends rather than a hopeless brainlet that everyone laughs behind the back of.

Kek I bet you liked BvS.