Are you guys ready for the Dark Universe?

Are you guys ready for the Dark Universe?

youtube.com/watch?v=hCm2PX5Iz00

hypebeast.com/2017/5/universal-dark-universe-the-mummy-bride-of-frankenstein

Not sure if Sup Forums related...

Until they start making some tie-ins, its not.

That said, I can't wait. Love me some Universal Monsters.

The Mummy looks shit, though. I hope it'll tank just like King Arthur did and smother this abomination in its crib.

Also, not Sup Forums related.

The fact that the next one isn't until 2019 is probably a buffer in case The Mummy flops.

The question is will Russel Crowe rape Johnny Depp?

I'll go see The Mummy because there's no stopping the Cruise Ruse.

I might check out The Invisible Man because at this point the only way you could get a decent performance out of Depp is to literally make him invisible.

The rest of these sound like Dracula Untold 2.0, hard pass.

Pretty sure this isn't Sup Forums. And with that said, I'm not really looking forward to The Mummy. I'm getting the impression that it might be the sort of movie that'd benefit from having a story that was a bit smaller in scale.

Del Toro BTFO

>Everything is a fucking Universe now
The last time I got excited was Kaiju verse and that's it
Fucking Split is a sequel to Unbreakable? I mean, come on, what's next, Rambo and 007 combined Machoverse?

could warner make a movie based in Frankestein and the agents of shade? would universal sue? will universal get ass blasted?

So Dracula Untold all over again.

>Fucking Split is a sequel to Unbreakable? I mean, come on, what's next, Rambo and 007 combined Machoverse?

At least people want a sequel to Unbreakable.

There's a risk of that. I wouldn't be surprised if the failure of that movie is the reason why they're being cautious.

I'm for this as long as the movies are good

More variety, not just cape films, is good

But wasn't WB planning a Justice League Dark movie with that name or was it cancelled for the cartoon movie?

Speaking of 007, Roger Moore just died

>Speaking of 007, Roger Moore just died

>mfw I take a break from the Internet for a couple hours to watch Twin Peaks and Roger Moore manages to die in that period of time

Dropping like flies this year.

Maybe I'm being unfair, but when I saw that Tom Cruise was starring in the movie my first thought was, "Man, this is gonna be a shitshow."

>Invisible Man

He better kick ass if they go through with it. Dude just wanted a cure before the societal commentary drove him insane. And even when he was crazy, he had some class.

Like Autumn leaves.

I like the concept.

It's clear they're going to blow it though. Mummy's already on track to be a huge bomb.

Well Split isn't a sequel to Unbreakable. It just takes place in the same universe. Also the main character of Split was in the original script of Unbreakable anyway. So I consider that not the same situation as the rest of these universes.

>Like Autumn leaves.

Monsterverse is the only non-capeshit cinematic universe that actually works and isn't retarded.

A modern Mummy movie is fine but it doesn't work if other creatures start popping up later. A modern Invisible Man movie is just going to be Hollow Man. A modern Frankenstein movie is just going to be Re-Animator.

Apparently it doesn't have that big a budget

> A modern Invisible Man movie is just going to be Hollow Man

With less rape.

>Get another Mummy movie leading up to an extended universe
>Pray it's going to be a tragic thriller/love story like the original
>It's just a rehash of the Branden Frasier film
And just like that, any hope for it is gone.

It's a fun idea, but I don't get the impression that this is gonna work out all that well.

Agreed, also there's really no interest in these old monsters. Nobody gives a fuck about the creature of the black lagoon outside of genre affectionadoes.

Monsterverse is the Godzilla-King Kong thing Legendary is doing, by the way, if you think I was talking about "The Dark Universe" which used to be called Universal Monsters.

It's confusing, I know.

Kaujiverse has the highest non-MCU batting average of these new cinematic universes so far.

>Godzilla was the director's singular vision of what he wanted Godzilla to be, even if you didn't love it you can admire it for sticking to its guns and not just being a total rehash

>Skull Island was an unexceptional but entertaining monster mash

>That after credit scene
>tfw "King Ghidorah" trademark came up
bruhs I can't wait

dat Rhona Mitra

Actually, they're doing Bride of Frankenstein first. For some reason.

Let's hope its not as gory as Bride of Re-Animator, though. "Tissue rejection" indeed.

Yeah okay, let's just see if The Mummy reboot doesn't bomb first before you start getting uppity Universal

You think we forgot Dracula Untold was supposed to be the first one of these?

Kaijuverse is a thing

>Also the main character of Split was in the original script of Unbreakable anyway.
Really? I assumed that Shyamalan just figured the stories of Unbreakable and Split were close enough that they could fit in one universe. I didn't know it was always intended to be the case.

I wonder how pissed WB is that Universal is going with "Dark Universe" before they were able to get one out.

Monsterverse is Kaijuverse unless you mean Pacific Rim.