Is this any good?

Is this any good?
Does it deserve the praise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1omjxrlquIE
letterboxd.com/ingridwillum/list/films-about-gay-people-but-where-the-main/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes. I'm still not over it & I'm gonna watch it again. Beautiful scenery, performances, soundtrack & mostly the message they wanted to pass. Elio's parents are perfect & all I wanna say is that I need a sequel right now.

>film about faggots
>good
kek

well, Sup Forums will tell you otherwise, of course. i don't believe there's a single straight male here

>posts on tv
>i dont believe theres a single straight male here

How do retards like you even defend yourselves?

yes goyim

>i don't believe there's a single straight male here

Did you just come out or are you a homophobic frau?

WATCH IT QUEERS

If you're a faggot, sure
It will win just best picture like Moonlight because diversity is trendy

What the fuck is Moonlight? I only care about CMBYN.

Uh it won’t win /because/ moonlight won last year
Too bad, it should. Absolute kino.

It’s okay

>film about an older man and a younger boy gets tons of praise but Louis CK's movie about an older man and a young girl gets made into an example

Hypocrisy at its finest. Also: I'm tired of Hollywood romanticizing the shadier aspects of "the gay community". Surprised that the same folks who bashed Spacey (And rightfully so: He's a creep and everyone's known it for years) are heaping the praise onto this one.

Lol complaining about a legal 17 and 24 in a board that loves cunny pics and stroking their dicks over MBB and the IT girl

THIS!

Are they trying to pass Armie Hammer off as a 24 year old dude?

Even if you don't like gay romance films, the cinematography is amazing.

top 10 of the decade so far

Of the six films in 2017, it's top 2 for sure
Very sensual and great sex scenes like his film I Am Love, except it doesn't have a fucking terrible ending lie that film
seriously fuck the ending of I Am Love, fuck Tilda Swinton's character, I have zero sympathy for her

what kind of sex scenes are we talking here
if it's too gay then im not watching it

I haven't seen it but i bet nothing happens the whole movie and still gets praised just like moonlight because lol gay people

You don't see any pensises
It's all pretty tasteful apart from when he hollows out a peach and jizzes in it. that was kind of unexpected
You should watch it though, It's been a pretty weak year for cinema and this was one of the few highlights for me

@92634753 (you)
Plebbit

>nothing happens!
what a non-argument that is. of course assuming that it's only being praised due to affirmative action when the director has a proven track record and a unique style, and the writer James Ivory is a legend, is more than enough to show what a pleb you are anyway

Utopia is in your bottom three you fag hag. try waiting until you have something interesting to say before you next album

literalmente kinó

It is the only argument. A story is not a story if nothing happens.

What's your top 1?

When Oliver shows the gross bruise on his stomach, did anyone else think it was about to go 100% AIDS plot? I'm really glad it didn't. That's just such low hanging fruit for this kind of story.

*top 3

>Music composed by Sufjan Stevens

Sold

racking my brains

Good Time - 7.5
CMBYN - 7.5
BR:2049 - 7
Okja - 4
Eddie the Eagle - 5
Logan - 4
the first half of Wonder Woman - 2
Baby Driver - 5
Trainspotting 2 - 7
Alien Covenant - 5
Battle of the Sexes - 6
I guess Good Time? Even with that film I had some issues. haven't really watched any non-mainstream films

It’s aesthetic but it’s boring as fuck. It promotes a pedophile agenda. The characters are technically 24 and 17 but Armie Hammer is very obviously a man in his 30s and the kid is a very soft twinkish 17.

The worst crime this movie makes is it’s boring, however. There’s literally no consequences for anything. The 17 year old fag dumps his cute French gf to go be gay. No consequence, the girl later just tells him she loves him. The boys father finds out he’s gay. No consequences to this, just admits he’s a closet fag himself. No consequence to this either, the kid doesn’t even seem to care or wonder at the implication his father may have been fucking dudes behind his mom’s back. The movie also doesn’t explore their big age difference and the ethics of this. It’s later revealed 6 months later Hammer’s character is getting married. Again, no self awareness to question whether hammer was previously involved with this girl and fucking boys behind her back. Hammer was also fooling around with girls during the movie, which implies he was cheating on her with both genders. This movie made a conscious decision to avoid several potentially interesting plot threads and instead you’re forced to watch a mentally deranged pedophile corrupt a boy in the most boring fashion possible.

Watch "The Killing of a Sacred Deer", it's my favorite of 2017 so far.

>24 and 17
>pedophile

Look at the dumb faggot who didn’t read my post. Armie hammer is an actor nearing his mid-30s and the boy playing the 17 year old could easily pass for 13 or 14. Yes, in the book these characters are 17 and 24 but in the movie they don’t appear anything close to peers.

Timmy is 22 so fuck off

>an actor nearing his mid-30s
interesting way to say 31
>the boy playing the 17 year old
man, he is 21 years old
>could easily pass for 13 or 14
in what fucking universe does he look 13 years old

I liked that the film felt like it was in its own world. There was no politics or events from the 80s. Just philosophy, beauty, leisure, love, and family. Truly kino.

It was boring!
nothing happened!
where was the DRAMA!?!?!?!?! I for one agree with boring and degenerate pedo bait

The film deliberately choose to focus on internal conflict of the boy, not the trope of external pressures in other gay films. And it's surprising you manage to decipher the supposedly pedophilic agenda of Oliver, whose character is actually the least developed than the boy who is is the very center of the film.

>some people have good genes and don't look like crack addicted amerimutt 35 yr olds by 18
>clearly pedophilia

lmaoing at ur life lad

The fact that Armie's character ended up gassed by fascist italians really did a number on me.
I wasn't expecting it, everything was going great for them.

I'd heard some bad things about that one (or maybe I'm thinking of some other film with a long title) but I should probably still check it out, thank you

>17 yr old has a massive crush and seduces a 24 yr old

>pedophile agenda because one of the actors looks young

This totally looks age appropriate, guys! Spotted the soyboy.

I love this scene and how Oliver confirmed that this interaction was his first hint. Makes me wanna watch this masterpiece again.

Twink kino

How are we this far in the thread and no one has discussed little Timmy fucking a peach to premature ejaculation and Armie hammer sensually eating it? I didn’t care about fags before but I legit think it’s a mental illness now.

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

You enjoy boring fucking movies

The movie went to painful extremes to avoid even remotely interesting narrative threads. Timmy’s dad basically admits being on the downlow and his response is to shrug. Don’t put a rifle on the mantelpiece if you don’t intend to shoot it

>homo flick

its OK, definitely much better than this piece of shit Moonlight.

*mantel

>where’s muh resolution??
>t. autist who cant handle ambiguity

Mind your own business and I'll mind mine.

it was mentioned Armie doesn't actually eat it though does he? I thought Timothee starts bawling and Armie stops

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE

Stop telling me what to do mom

>painful extremes
Sure, I admit the setting is very idyllic, everything went totally fine, everyone is totally nice including the girl. But the dad didn't just shrug, he knew way early about them but he let his son discover his sexuality himself, which is the narrative that the film take.

There’s ambiguity and then there’s avoiding narrative conflict at all costs in order to produce the most boring film possible

Did you even watch Moonlight? it's not even a 'gay movie' like Call Me By Your Name, you sound like a low iq pleb to try and compare them to each other

NOTHING HAPPENS
BORING MOVIE
LETS TALK ABOUT THE LAST JEDI

Ah contrarian poster there he is.

I've never watched any of the Star Wars movies & I'm not planning to.

It's pretty good

Does anyone think this film is exciting?

It's awful. Baby's first lgbt film.
Timothee is pretty good in it though. Armie Hammer really looked like he wanted to imagine a girl instead of that twink in front of him.

seriously. if he doesnt win best original song for one of those thats fucked

is that cum on his chest

Why don't they have any facial hair?

>american audiences finds movies boring if a movie doesn't have explosions and fights 24/7

makes sense since they only watch movies with 56% of their brain capacity

No, it's peach juice. But there's a scene where Armie's wiping semen off his chest.

The faggotry isn't the problem, the fucking pedophilia acceptance is. What's funny is the kid in the story is a jew so this will only piss gods chosen off outside of the pedo ones.

It’s promoting a homosexual pedophile agenda. It’s not an interesting story whatsoever. It’s not about explosions. There’s literally no conflict. There’s barely a character arc.

Michael Stuhlbargs monologue at the end is genuinely heart breaking. I love this movie and I hope it wins the Oscar.

youtube.com/watch?v=1omjxrlquIE

Well, Moonlight is story about nothing so i agree with you. Stiil, CMBYM is a better movie than Moonlight the ulimate piece of shit movie of all time.

I take it you are from a country with legal drinking age of 21, which implies a severe retardation of adulthood. In that case, I can empathize with your pedophilia claim

letterboxd.com/ingridwillum/list/films-about-gay-people-but-where-the-main/

It's dad-is-perfectly-supportive-and-completely-accepting-of-his-intern-fucking-his-17-year-old-sonkino.