Ridley Scott Thinks Alien Should Be on the Same Level as Star Wars

>In an interview with The Toronto Sun for his latest film, All the Money in the World, Ridley Scott briefly discussed 2017’s Alien: Covenant and the next step for his Alien prequel series. While he didn’t shed any light on his plans, he did say that the franchise should arguably be as big as some of Hollywood’s other sci-fi films.

>“There’s no reason why Alien should now not be on the same level for fans as Star Trek and Star Wars. So I think the next step as to where we go is, do we sustain the Alien (series) with the evolution of the beast or do we reinvent something else? I think you need to have an evolution on this famous beast because he’s the best monster ever, really.”

>Are you still planning more Alien movies?

>I would like to; they’re crazy if they don’t. David is a fantastic villain. I love what (Michael Fassbender) did in Covenant. But it’s f—ing hard, dude. We lifted Alien out of a ditch and made Prometheus

Star Wars BTFO

>make a slasher flick with gigers ass droppings
>pretend the universe is as well thought out as star trek or as classic as star wars

Fuck this hack

there's not much that can be done with the xenomorphs that hasn't already been done

but the world of alien is pretty cool, but we never get to really explore it, because the characters are too busy dealing with xenos

>continue with the alien universe
>devote time and energy to some stupid movie about an obscenely rich guy being a dick

BRAVO RIDLEY you fucking goober

>A sci-fi flic about an allegory to homosexual rape should be on the same level as Star Wars

>We lifted Alien out of a ditch and made Prometheus
He says this as if Prometheous was remarkable in any way, shape or form.

the early concept art of the prometheus and covenant has tons of world building that will never get explored (unless ridley grabs those concepts back for upcoming movies)

lost paradise had a different approach on the contaminating plants that looked interesting, as fungus growing out of people.

what we ended up in covenant was a white rabid monkey looking thing coming out of someone's back

>using holograms and touch screens instead of banged up 70s displays
Sad

He is senile now right? Like Lucas he has become someone that can create interesting ideas but is completely lost in his own mind how to execute

>Ridley Scott: “There’s no reason why Alien should now not be on the same level for fans as Star Trek and Star Wars”
>Kathleen Kennedy: “Hold my beer”

Disney owns Alien and Predator now so?

>every movie will just be about David now

He's the only good thing about this shit

delirious fucktard

>But it’s f—ing hard, dude.
Does Ridley actually talk like this

Alien was always a shit movie. Not even Fincher could make it good. Only Cameron. Scott is a hack who should be servicing glory holes at the nearest adult theater.

Ridley Scott is a literal retard

Seriously

>implying he's wrong

Ridley is right

It should be bigger than star wars

>a slasher movie set in space
>bigger than star wars

It revolutionized horror and sci fi

Star Wars is for all ages. It makes half of its profit by selling toys.

The Alien franchise has produced more good movies than Star Wars.

>>bitches that Star Wars uses the sane repeated themes.
>>”dude, penis bugs going boo are just as deep and relevant!”

>well thought out
top giggle m8

id unironically like to see another sequel revolving around david spreading the alien infestation around the galaxy

not this guy again...

I'd watch a SW spin-off made by Ridley, but he needs a solid script, and that doesn't exist at Disney.

Space Wesker is the only fun thing about nu-Alien

H.R. Giger was the only reason why Alien was a huge success. It was the designs, they felt truly otherworldly and disgusting. Nobody ever really cared about the story, proof me wrong. It was Gigers movie more than it was Scotts.

>thinks Alien should be on the level as Star Wars.
Well, both Alien Covenant and The Last Jedi suck ass, so mission accomplished.

>on the same level as star wars
Why does he hate his series so much?