Is this the worst casting ever?

is this the worst casting ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iLl0-I5kJMo
youtube.com/watch?v=ycexQvMy03k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

honestly, without them it'd just be a boring predictable movie. now it's a boring predictable movie with "kooky" characters.

If you're low IQ then yes

God I hate Die Antwoord

yes
fitting for the movie

They were a fitting part of a good movie. Who would you have cast?

>hugh jackman peaking around the corner with his binos
>"I'm going to get you Chappie!!" shaking his fist

Why would you ask that question and yet post the answer?

I was impressed by them

They put on a good concert I'll give them that. Surprisingly a lot of middle aged white people at their show in St. Louis 2015.

me too

I wonder if there's a single thing you would want to cast them for
>Surprisingly

Pleb status: FILTERED

They're actually pretty good artists, every album is a parody of whatever the current mainstream genre is and they manage to keep the songs actually good while maintaining their personas. Like them or not they've devoted their lives to absurdist characters for the past 10-15 years while creating popular music and keeping their personal lives to themselves.

I want to fuck Yolandi I can't figure out why.

she has a nice ass

I don't think they were bad casting choices as much as every other thug should have looked as outlandish and crazy as they did. When we have fuckers dressed as "off" as Die Antwoord does being placed alongside regular hood-looking schmos wearing polos and jeans, it just doesn't deliver that odd punkpunk aesthetic nearly as well as it could have. Hell, they could have given Chappie some thuggish clothes to further nail said look. Overall they presented a potential opportunity that Blomkamp missed out on, and it hurts the movie as a whole.

Probably the best and most memorable part of the movie.Teaching Chappie how to do gangster moves was infinitely more enjoyable than seeing angry Huge Jackedman.

Blomkamp originally wanted Watkin (Ninja) to play the lead in Elysium, but Watkin didn't want his first starring role to use an American accent.

It was a great movie. Casting was perfect

>every album is a parody of whatever the current mainstream genre

So they're just pretending to be retarded? You can't possibly believe that.

i'm glad i'm not the only one who genuinely enjoyed this movie and thought die antwoord were great in it

that is 100% what they are doing

It's incredibly obvious that they're pretending if actually look at what they're doing and keep up with what they put out.

youtube.com/watch?v=iLl0-I5kJMo

This is Ninja before Die Antwoord. Totally different style, as you can see.

Reminder he went from doing raps like this to whole songs about how big his dick is. I'm pretty sure he's not serious

Nah, they fit the roles really well.

youtube.com/watch?v=ycexQvMy03k

this is now a ninja and yolandi thread

can you imagine how smelly yolandi's pusy must be

fortunately i can, user

It had its annoying moments, it could have been done a lot better. But it isn't necessarily bad

you like smelly little pussies?

No, this is.

their children will be cute and retarded

They're alter egos. They aren't as absurd personally / behind closed doors. If you think this is how they actually are 24/7 you're an imbecile and probably haven't explored a lot of music.

For example, this is their other alter-egos, Max Normal.

based