ITT:Post Cartoons That You're Surprised Haven't Happened Yet

I'm surprised the author of Calvin and Hobbes hasn't sold out to make a cartoon or movie. Good on him for keeping up his ideals.

Anyway. Post em

I can't think of any other comic strip worth a shit that hasn't sold out. Even Far side had a cartoon at one point.

Watterson did consider making a C&H cartoon, but ended up feeling uncomfortable about it, because too much work would have to go into something that he did as a solo operation, and he was also nervous about his creation getting butchered by writers and animators.

I always imagined Calvin sounding like Bobby from Bobby's World.

I always picture something a bit more rough and grainy like naruto's English voice actor. Maybe not so drastic... like a mix between Bart and Naruto

I always imagined it in timmy turner's voice

It's hard to place for me. I guess because he fluctuates between an immature brat, imaginative genius, and philosopher so well, and voices are often assigned based on personality traits.

Foxtrot seems to be pretty well-liked as far as modern newspaper comics go, you'd think it would at least have a one-season sitcom.

Wasn't it also because he knew that he wouldn't have complete control over it? Not knocking him for wanting to control what he created.

It's very hard for me to place Calvin's voice

Hobbes would undeniably be voiced by Rob Paulsen though

Oh yeah, I'm sure the voice of Bubsy would be a perfect fit.

>Sold out
Yea, I don't think he would have wanted to deal with our community either.

You don't think he lurks Sup Forums? Fun fact, the last Calvin and Hobbes strip came out the day I was born. Thanks, Bill.

>You don't think he lurks Sup Forums?
Considering what he had to say about television, I can't imagine him liking the internet.

What did he say? Is it why Calvin never had a video game system of any kind?

A lot of strips revolved around TV

do you really want to read about a kid playing videogames?

rare thumbnail swap

I just find it strange that he never had an NES or some non copyright infringing equivalent.

he's got a point. all I hear is how no one has time for anything anymore. back in the day it would take 12 hours to wash a shirt.

I dunno, the idea of considering any adaptations on a different medium as "selling out" doesn't sit right with me. Watterson's got his super-rigid principles, but I don't think his preferences are the ideal way to do things.

he'd sound like a mix between bart simpson and charlie brown. I mean, he's basically a combination of the two.

For some reason, I imagine him sounding like Spyro the dragon.

I was actually thinking of a slightly less zany-Wacko voice for Hobbes yes

I think there's an interview published in one of the C&H collections that debunks this idea. I'm paraphrasing, but Watterson's feelings towards marketing the characters basically boiled down to this...

> I don't have an issue with artists merchandising their work. If they want to make characters that can be merchandised, go for it. But that wasn't my goal with C&H, so I didn't merchandise them.