Rank the Trek movies, with or without JJTrek. Argue about how shit the other person's taste is

Rank the Trek movies, with or without JJTrek. Argue about how shit the other person's taste is.

IV=VI>VIII>II>V>I>VII>X>IX

2>6>1>4>3
tng and pine trek all equally shit
5 is worse than shit

You clearly just threw numbers into a random order with no thought or reason. If you aren't going to try, why should anyone else?

Tng movies are best. Then tos. That is all

that's like, your opinion, man

II > IV > VI > VII > X > VIII > I > everything else.

Did geordy have sex?

Nemesis that high? I'd be interested in hearing why.

>I used to be like you. When VOY was airing I watched every episode. When people would talk shit about it I would get mad and defend it. A couple of years after it ended I was finally able to look back on it with some clarity and realize the truth; it was absolutely fucking terrible. With the worst writing of any trek series ever. The only reason I loved it was because I loved trek and it was the only trek airing so at the time I blinded myself to it's faults. I don't even get mad at people like you who are in the same boat that I was, mostly I just feel sorry for you. All I can say if you can break free of it and see the truth you will be incredibly better off because you will be able to see the faults in other things going forward, not just trek.

This sounds like mental illness more than anything. You've clearly given way too much importance to something no one else really cares about and it's all just subjective opinions given to wild assumptions. I'm actually speaking for the group here that you should probably work on that OCD and stop shitting up the threads with walls of text that lack substance or use specific examples to back up your opinions.

Now add some OC to these threads please or just go find some other new way to say absolutely nothing.

whale comedy > *

Seriously this wall of texting is reportable

I loved Tom Hardy in it and I liked all of the parts other than B-4 and the dune buggy scene. I also think for myself which is rare for most Star Trek fans I've found out.

Insurrection was bad on so many fronts that I'm always surprised to see it ranked above Nemesis when it's story doesn't stand up to scrutiny very well. Some colony of luddites hoarding the fountain of youth (and only 500 of them?). The entire movie was an instance of I wish I hadn't seen it, even though Data's role in it was very good.

II>VI>VIII>III>VII>IV>IX>V>I>X
That being said, I like all of them and wouldn't call any of them bad. I only placed TPM so far down because of it's extremely low re watch value.

What can geordy see with his glasses? He is not blind but not not norma l?

>he doesn't recognize kino when he sees it
I feel bad for you

Not really. Wrath of Kahn, the one with the whales, and Undiscovered Country are agreed by almost everyone to be the best original cast Star Trek movies, and First Contact is widely known as the best (and even, the only good) next generation movie.
Some people will say Star Trek I is "kino," or that The Search for Spock is actually a good film, or that Generations isn't really so bad, and there is some merit to those opinions, but ranking the "evens" up to 8 as the best is definitely the most common opinion, not "random" at all.

4>6>2>1>Insurrection>First Contact>3>Beyond>2009>5>Into Darkness>Nemisis

Rank xharacter troi then picArd then riker

>Star Trek: The Picture Motion

I totally get your point on Insurrection. Like, Nemesis had its issues (especially behind the scenes), but I still feel it had a lot more going for it than Insurrection. The plot was boring and not at all something you'd put on the big screen.

Motion picture

I know, but you said TPM

Fuck, I was thinking of The Phantom Menace when I typed that.

Star Trek: The Slow Motion Car Crash

Did dax marry worf in the end?

fuck off and never post in my thread ever again

Star Trek I: The Phantom Menace
Oh man, now I'm trying to imagine how that could even work

Who will play Jar Jar or who will he play of the Trek crew?

Why wasnt kira fired? She helped fugitive men and lied about it!

neelix obviously

Owen wilson and comms officer

Why was it ok to send obrien to mind jail for 10 years? It fucked him up

Classic - 3>2>4>6>5>1
Tng - 8>7>9>10

Nope. He wasn't able to show women the fire in his eyes.

Those fugitives were freedomfighters.

He wasnt ugly but he was shy

I think kira was fired tho. Once

The jem hadar used 1000 years to find out they dont need the white to live?

LEAVE THE THREAD YOU FUCKING PIECE OF DOG SHIT WHITE FUCKING NIGGER!
GENETIC VIRUS IN YOUR LITTLE BABIES DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE FAGGOT SLASH YOUR WRISTS!

1>6>2>4>8>3>9>13>7>11>10>12>5

fite me

Is dax a kind of human with a little thing inside that live?

No. Pls watch the show, then comment.

I think that u van heelp me but that u dont want to

*sigh*

no she's a leopard from the planet furry.

Has /trek/ ever been this low?

low as in high on drugs?
rather not say...

It's like IQ points have dropped across the board...

What, you think I'm him? He misspells words. I'm Crusherfag, dickhead.

Sorry i ask when all u do is to make fun

>I'm Crusherfag, dickhead.
I know, why are you upset? I'm not 229, he's here though.
Friend vs. Foe right now.

Hey, I got promenade in a captcha once as well.

Why are people so exited about trekkie229? He's just a tryhard.

2>1>4>3>6>5
I don't dislike 5 though and I haven't seen the tng movies enough times.

I got Janeway once.

Is sisco a good captain? He seams not stabil...

II=IV=VI>I>III>>>>>V
Beyond>ST09>>>>STiD
Insurrection is the only good TNG movie.

Why do you never see theem drinking water on the bridge? U need water al the time to live

DAILY REMINDER
!. If you see a post that fits the following criteria:
>poor grammar
>character names are misspelled (e.g Sisco, Geordy)
>questions anyone who has seen Trek should be able to easily answer (e.g Did dax marry worf in the end?)
>questions no one gives a shit about (e. g Did geordy have sex?)
>exclamation marks used to prop up a sentence when not needed
>chastising a person for telling a joke that could be seen as being "racist" or "anti-semitic"
>pointless commentary only a few words long that offers no more insight or opinions
>when replying to someone who tells him to fuck off, will pretend to be insulted and call the other person mean

Then you are dealing with Trekkie229, an autistic namefag who got butthurt by the people of /trek/ and decided to dedicate his life to making pointless posts in this general. There is evidence that in spamming these threads he is trying to, in his mind, make these generals either "good" or stop them overall (if he's the type to hate constant generals). Keep in mind, he's been doing this since November 2017, meaning this has steped over the line of possible justification to full-out autism and "I was only pretending to be retarded". He doesn't post with his name as much anymore, but the style of writing is immediately identifiable.

2. Trekkie229 will sometimes spam the thread with pictures. Those are easily identifiable:
>poorly made MSPaint
>9gag-tier Trek memes
>filename is a number (note: this is fairly new as before the filenames were random)
The pictures are accompanied by the same type of posts as seen in the first part.

3. DO NOT
>reply to him (note: it is acceptable to reply to his post by deleting the >> from the postnumber and denying him his (You)s)
>argue with him
>encourage him
Report and if possible, notify the mods on IRC. He has been banned before, but is evading it.

I was butthurt enough to type all this and will now keep spamming this until people learn not to reply to him

post bubs

VI>I>II>III>IV>V
TNG movies are objectively trash for pleb children. Galaxy Quest has an honorary spot somewhere in that list.

>(note: it is acceptable to reply to his post by deleting the >> from the postnumber and denying him his (You)s)
Are you the faggot who is doing that? Stop doing it, it's retarded spam. It's stooping to his level, just don't.
And you know what? Your post, this post, it's all just as gratifying to him as replies. He's totally in control of the thread as long as we keep talking about him. Just report all his posts so that the mods will see all of the posts coming from the same IP and realize he is evading.

This. Furthermore, refrain from even speaking of him if you can help it.

I like the one with the space ships firing at each other

6>1>4>2>3>5
but I do like them all.
First contact is the only good tng flick.

Does anyone still want to argue that generals aren't absolute cancer?

>puts 4 and 6 before 2
Naw man, lemmie show you how it's done

2>6>7>8>4>9>3>1>nuTrek>10>Dankess>5>Beyond

Jean-Luc and Beverly's relationship wasn't explored enough.

2>4>6>First Contact>3>5>>>> the rest

As a TNG guy I can't believe that TOS (which is fucking terrible honestly) put out those great movies and the TNG cast couldn't find a decent fucking script.

Also

TNG>DS9>TOS>TAS>VOY

Right now I can't rate STD. Hope the upcoming episodes give it some identity.

I fear all post like these do is fuel his erection. Just stop making such a freaking big deal about trekkie229. He's just a poster. He's not as powerful or important as you make him out to be.

This isn't even a general, look at the OP. Yes, there is almost always a star trek thread on Sup Forums and sometimes people who start them call them "generals," but Star Trek is a very popular franchise consisting of dozens of series and movies, including several that are ongoing right now. It's natural for there to be a thread about it on here most of the time.

I feel like leaving it vague was a good way to keep Picard's inner life a mystery, which makes the moments when it shows through (like that pic) so much more impactful. But I wish there had been some better closure on it at least.

Is there a klingon hell that they go indtead of sobokor?

You think Gene had this as a major plot point for later seasons? Like Picard and Beverly being a couple? Does feel like they made their relationship clear the early seasons then never touched it until late season 7.

too many JJ idiots around. The only thing memorable in any of the new films was the sound editing in 2 action scenes in into darkness. Literally all I can remember about all 3.

Oh, and
>Hi Christopher, I'm Nero.

Their relationship was "Picard delivered the news to Beverly about her dead husband."

OS movies were pretty good, why were the TNG ones so shit?

literally ræddit

Worf talks about onor but he betrayed the emperor?

I wasn't that into the plot of II. It felt kinda small to me and I never found the Genesis project that interesting (don't get me wrong, I understand why the concept was amazing, but in the context of the story it didn't do anything for me). The music was amazing, best part of the entire movie. I enjoy a good 80s comedy though, which IV pretty much was and I've always loved the humourous episodes of Trek a lot. Never understood why so many people want to deny Trek can be funny. VI is like a big drama with mystery and I'm a sucker for that. Also since I'm a eastern-yuropoor, the whole "Fall of the Iron Curtain/Cold War" theme was more interesting to me.

They want to hurt us bad.

I thought it was him who also made the decision to save the other guy. There was more to the story than what we are remembering.

Feels like Paramount wanted a big action mavie with Star Trek elements while the TOS crew did Star Trek movies with big action elements.

Also, Nicholas Meyer can direct him some Trek. I heard he didn't know shit about Trek beforehand and if that is true this was the ONE incident in history that paid off.

>"Picard delivered the news to Beverly about her dead husband."
You mean Picard ordered her husband to his death?

Ya that is it. What was the full in canon story again? Picard was captain and Crushers husband was???

Why is the jem hadar loyal after they find out they dont need white drugs?e

time has made them all unassailably fantastic works of art. never mind the rankings.

No not all are good

I don't think there's much to tell. Picard was captain of the stargazer and jack crusher was a lieutenant.

Why does everyone hate Generations? It was literally a feature-length TNG episode.

Tjat means picard has highesyt rank

>It was literally a feature-length TNG episode.
A bad one that doesn't make a lot of sense.

I bet you hated Family, too.

Ok ya I guess that is about it. There is more but that is the outline.

For me it was Kirk's death and send off. Dude was iconic and died in a shitty way. Also the Nexus was overpowered and Picard would have went back to the bad guys fucking birth to kill him instead of 30 seconds too late.

I think they should have had a confirmed fugg at least once.
Absolutely. It has been said that she was Picard's eventual love interest in the beginning, but her getting replaced and I guess Gene's failing health/diminishing involvement/death changed that. McFadden said once that the writers wrote scripts for the show a year in advance, and when she was rehired, all of her lines were Pulaski lines and they didn't change them. If you watch season 3 you can pick out lines that don't sound like Crusher at all (one that stuck out to me was a line about old fashioned "country medicine) and that's why. She's basically Pulaski in Crusher's body. This really fucked that character all up for a while so it took them forever to get it back on track, and by the time they got around to it the show was almost over.

>implying Picard ever left the Nexus

Well
>Data was incredibly annoying in this film since Brent wanted to A C T
>Kirk's death is pretty lame
>The villain, while played by a good actor, isn't anything special nor memorable.
I'd say these are the three biggest complaints. That said, I did like all the Picard scenes and I'll alway love seeing /bestcaptains/ together.

It wasn't. You sound retarded now.

Picard was different wen he was young. He was hot tempered

ha ha I know I would stay there all warm and comfy.

This makes sense and I have noted the change to Crusher in season 3. I assume she left cuz she was pregnant yeah?

>McFadden said once that the writers wrote scripts for the show a year in advance, and when she was rehired, all of her lines were Pulaski lines and they didn't change them
Maybe after the writer's strike lifted they decided it would be a good idea to keep some in the can, but one of season 2's biggest problems is that the writer's strike was happening, and they ran out of TNG scripts half way through the season and started using unusued TOS and Phase 2 scripts, and made that awful clip show episode a season finale.