Defend this

defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0wSiQ_Nnc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rian a genius. Literally guessed everyone's reaction to him killing Luke.

I will not. Is another evidence of the fact that these movies are no longer for children (and for those that want to go back being children for 2 hours) but for 24/7 manchildren.
They are meta-SW movies. This is why they have quips, no sense of wonder, and shit like this one, OP.

>Its not snow guys lmao

why didnt anyone open up a mc donalds franchise in the planet?

How can you not like this scene!? What the fuck is wrong with you?

What if it was some poisonous substance?

Because anyone with a brain knew it was salt, and the line was thrown in to show THIS PLANET ISN'T HOTH!

He's just a soldier, he's just there because he likes shooting stuff and hates the first order. He's not supposed to be smart.

It makes for a great reaction image

hey guys it's salt and not snow so it isn't hoth ok, the at-at walkers are invading the rebel base on a SALT planet not a SNOW planet ok. honestly kind of a shame because a salt planet sounds like a neat setting but they just made it hoth with a different flavor.

>he never picks up dirt and licks it when he goes to a new place

Lmaoing at your life

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Hey champ, I'm not arguing with you.

If you didn't know it was salt then that's cool.

So? I don't see anything wrong with that, I thought it was kinda cool. What I DID hate though was how the rest of the scene played out with the walkers being just bigger AT ATs, that was very cheap of them. But this particular moment where the guy tastes it and says it's not snow, along with the red foot prints, was great imo. It looked nice on the screen too.
If you hate the whole battle scene fine but don't hate on this guy tasting the salt because that moment was pretty cool I mean come on. Come on.

All this time I thought he licked the red sand underneath and called it salt.
I was like, "Why is there red salt under the snow??"
Am I retarded?

this is the only good scene though

>actual reaction to TLJ

No. It is not clear what he tastes and it IS probably in fact the red substance that he tasted. The salt is probably meant to be red and the white substance on top is probably just because of some environmental effect over there or whatever, we shouldn't care about that too much. I'm sure there must be some place on earth where the surface is a different color than what's underneath.

If you're audience is too dumb to know the ground is salt without a character explaining it to them through dialogue, it says a lot about your target audience.

Reminds me of the last Harry Potter movie where Harry looks at the resurrection stone in his hand and says "oh it's the Resurrection Stone!"

The scene isn't about telling people it's salt. It's about focusing on the footprint (just look at the pic), because that becomes a huge hint later on that Luke Skywalker wasn't really there. I agree that it was handled a little clumsily (although the alternative would just be a static shot of a footprint, which even more people would have missed), but it had a real purpose.

Sup Forums manchildren would argue endlessly why the snow doesn't look like snow

>All this time I thought he licked the red sand underneath and called it salt.

Thats what i thought too. I saw the originals ages ago and dont remember anything about Hoth. So I dont know what the fuck the point of that whole line was.

SUBVERTED

That's the point, it's stupid and it's awesome.

>reach down and taste the dust on an alien planet
>it's powdered arsenic
>you die horribly

to clarify to the audience that Carrie Fisher hadn't fled to a planet of cocaine

I'm with you user. I liked that the rebel trooper was similarly confused, so now he and the audience know it's salt.

The speeders kicking up red dust was pretty kino too desu. One of the better aspects of the film.

Wouldn't they be able to taste the salt in the air well before this anyway?

This. It was a good scene.

The salt should be getting in their eyes and they shouldn't be able to see, but it's a fucking movie.

Not if the salt is in the ground.

>I SWEAR ITS NOT SNOW YOU GUYS ITS SALT SEE????
>ITS NOT LIKE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK AT ALL ITS NEW AN UNIQUE
>I SWEAR GUYS I JUST LIKE THE AT ATS

Fuck off you degenerate Reylo. Just because you have more content to flick your bean to now doesn't make this movie good. Stop defending it.

When I first saw the beardy rebel step on the salt, I wondered why he was bleeding so heavily. Being told it was salt helped me see what was going on, at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rp0wSiQ_Nnc

It's clearly on the surface not in the ground, and just barely, so it must be drifting in the wind.

>being this assblasted

I see you're not a hunter and tracker. You probably never tasted droppings to know what you're on track.

>powdered arsenic
well user that would also be a salt

This scene was made for brainlet American audiences

>Camera pans to soldier
>He faces the camera, "this isn't Hoth!"
>At-m6 (MEGACALIBUR 6) appears on horizon
>Inside of the AT-M6 (MEGACALIBUR 6), the pilot is twisting knobs and pressing colorful buttons
>He looks up and faces the camera, "this isn't an AT-AT"
>A few rebels cower in the base
>One, facing the camera, exclaims, "Commander, what shall we do, this isn't the Hoth base as you know, and we don't want to lose it in the second act as opposed to the first act of the First Order Strikes Back!"
>Outside the battle is raging
>A group of not-TIE fighters chases the millennium falcon
>Inside the cockpit, the Gunner turns toward the pilot
>As he faces the camera, he says, "we are almost in firing range, bring me a bit closer and the canons on this fighter should be able to take the enemy out....after all this is NOT an Empirial TIE Fighter!"

how many times you gonna post this today faggo?

>tripfag

I don't have a bean to flick. And some of that salt is mine.

Why would ANYONE think it's salt?

More importantly, you're all skirting around the issue. The scene isn't their to explain that it's salt, it's there to explain that it's NOT ice. Meaning, hey this ISN'T some Hoth planet. It's different, new, subverting old expectations.

It's meant to tie to the theme about ditching about what came before, but doing so in the most lazy way, because at the end of the day, they're still copying Hoth in an attempt to not copy Hoth.

This is pretty much the entire movie. They don't want to copy the old trilogy by copying the old trilogy.

>Tripfag brags about consuming literal shit
I can't say I'm surprised.

And you're proud of eating shit?

>Reach down and taste the dust on Chernobyl
>it's uranium
>you die horribly

>Tatooine
>*sips*
>It's sand

you know what he meant cunt dont even play that way

I'm so damn disappointed with the designs of vehicles and aliens in this nutrilogy.

It's so cool to eat dirt! Hahaha! You're right user! Lets go outside and just scoop up some dirt and eat it because it's so fucking awesome!

It is a very obvious hommage to episode 5 Hoth battle resistance vs empire. But this time its not snow its salt instead. Its a nod to the originals.

>*melts in mouth*
>It's snow

>It's cum

True

*lick*
>It's Ewok

Post the mutt version

So how much would you need to submit to this kinda treatment?

>scene becomes a meme for pointing out something so obvious nobody could be retarded enough to miss it
>multiple people in this thread turn out to be just that retarded