What did i think?

What did i think?

The commonly echoed criticism is you're better off just enjoying The Room

I thought it was just read the book

I had fun with this movie. Dave is an ugly manlet tho

it's fine but the book is far better

It's incredibly disappointing compared to the book and simplifies things so much, it might as well not even be an adaptation.

I seriously don't understand all the praise it was getting. I didn't even think it stood up well on its own merits; the plot felt incredibly rushed and the acting (outside of Franco as Wiseau) was pretty bad.

THIS IS THE RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT

I haven’t heard that song since I was like 4 years old, brings back memories. Movie was pure kino

You enjoyed it cuz it's kind and you know it's rare kino cuz you're intelligent and an expert critic.

Wow! Where did you find that awesome picture at? That is like the nicest picture I've ever seen.

Nice picture dude.
I wish I could find nice pictures like that.

That is a really nice alien!

Your picture is nicer than The Room and I didn't think any thing could be nicer than The Room!

This picture is so nice it makes me wanna have a double feature tonight of Mac and Me and Howard the Duck.

I'm going to write a screenplay just for this alien!

If Dunkirk had this alien in it as a character then maybe it wouldn't had sucked.

They should definitely make this alien Rey's bf in the next Star Wars. It will be a hit!

Dave is so bad in it. It changes so much from the book, and it makes some really unnecesary changes. It feels really empty forced and rushed. The part when they fight for absolutely no reason is the worst part of the movie. Some of the actors look nothing like the actors from the original (specially Lisa)

James is really good in it, but it's a shame that so many interesting events from the book are left out, when they can be actually filmable and be real. And what the fuck was with that Bryan Cranston scene?

This alien should be our next president!

>And what the fuck was with that Bryan Cranston scene?
I was confused by that, too. I get that they were trying to show that Greg was sacrificing a lot to work on The Room, but the book already had a good enough way of showing that when Greg talks about it made his relationship fall apart. It was such a weird change, especially since they made Greg way more enthusiastic about working on The Room in the movie.

And yeah, it's kind of annoying that the cut out most of the best parts of the book.

No. No. No.
James Franco fucks up everything he touches.
He ruined something that was just about guaranteed to be good.

But you just said it.
Every criticism I've read here has in some way included "in relation to the book," or at least been offered by someone who prefers the book. Why are Sup Forumsposters being such plebs about this?

Kind of a disservice to Greg

should have been at least a 9/10 movie with the source material
ends up being a 6.5 meh film

Maybe, but isn't creating an entire film (with the same title as his book aka free advertising) service enough?

I read the book over and over when it came out. Definitely a fantastic book which deserves the praise it got. I would give the movie 7.5 to 8 out of 10. James was fantastic as Tommy, Dave was decent. I do agree with what other posters have said about the Bryan Cranston part. The ending was great though.

It was enjoyable but they really toned down how much of a fucking creepy manipulative asshole Tommy Wiseau is

He was downright scary right before coming back with the script