Tfw you can never go back to the days before you'd seen tlj

>tfw you can never go back to the days before you'd seen tlj

who even fucking cares what happens in the third nu wars movie now

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/7nougo/the_last_jedi_got_it_all_wrong_but_out_of_them/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>tfw you still haven't seen TLJ

I was going through some emails for the first half and only remember a vague outline of the second half, so it's kind of like I never saw it

my millenial fuckbuddy tried to shame me after it came out TO RAVE REVIEWS XDDD but I stayed strong

As long as you don't consider Luke to be your own personal Jesus and you can stomach the retarded mutiny subplot, TLJ is a solid film.

I do a dance because I didn't pay to see this. I cry because it killed a franchise I loved greatly.

I haven't and won't see TLJ but I still feel like even TFA was ruined

You can't insulate yourself from shitty movies by not watching them

i don't give a shit at all about luke. tlj is just a horrendously written mess all around. it wanted to have two main plots going on at the same time (poe plot and rei plot) and it just didn't work at all. much of it wound up feeling extraneous and completely unneeded

>tfw have't seen tlj

I think what you meant to say was
"If you're not even remotely invested in Star Wars and enjoy good special effects/Battlestar Galactica, TLJ is a solid film."

I was actually very interested in the Finn character after TFA. Haven't really seen the "every man" archetype in Star Wars, and I thought they could do interesting stuff with him (maybe an eventual sacrifice for the greater good or some shit in a later movie)
Then TLJ happened.

the real question is how long until HD torrents come out?

are you a filthy homo or is she one of those nerd girls?

Jokes on you fags, I haven't seen ANY of the nu-wars films.

same Tbh

same bud

>if you don't care about star wars you'll be able to enjoy this shit.

i dunno, it had some scenes in it which I, as an internet troll, can appreciate.

Don't. It'll ruin everything.
Not even joking. It's worse than Attack of the Clones. Worse than Rogue One.

The critics don't realize that audiences want a #SOMBER winter #DIRGE, not a LITTY SUMMER FILM for the WHOLE family. I PISSED myself screaming during the HILARIOUS opening scene when there was no TENSION and I almost LAUGHED myself to death when I saw Porgs. I had to change my socks five times from all the SHIT and PISS dripping down my legs during Star Wars: The Last Jedi

one of those nerd girls who plays it up for attention

>I was actually very interested in the Finn character after TFA.
a sweating, hollering, cowardly, useless nigger. Just what star wars needed!

Rey likes big balls

As if one wasn't enough.

No one cares I hope Israel is ripped off the face of the globe and people literally just start shooting jewish people in the streets.
It won't happen but that's what I'd like to see happen. They ruined the whole fucking world a long time ago.

stupid whore. be sure to let her know what human garbage she is when you're done with her.

I haven't seen it because I read the plot and it all sounds fucking horrible, but if it did in fact ruin the story and characters of Star Wars then just say fuck it and don't acknowledge it as canon. That's what I did with Crustal Skull, when I refer to the Indiana Jones movies I refer to them as a trilogy, I don't even think of that film being an Indiana Jones film because in reality it wasn't. It was a horrible knockoff of Indiana Jones, just like the Disney Star Wars movies are horrible knockoffs of Star Wars.
Bottom line: we will always have the originals. Is it disappointing that this opportunity for a continuation of the story has failed miserably? Of course, but nothing was actually lost, it's just that nothing was gained. Everything is fine. Star Wars is still awesome. Luke is still a fucking legend. Han is still an absolute badass. Leia is still beautiful and didn't ruin herself with drugs and plastic surgery.

How invested in Star Wars do I have to be to officially care (tm) about Star Wars?

>lol just turn your brain off goy

This is the strategy I've been going with and I'm sticking to it. Luckily I haven't played Jedi Outcast or read any of the EU so I can experience those for the first time and consider them canon. Problem/Question profits from even past Star Wars merch goes to Disney now right?

Head canons are the gayest thing since sodomy

>Luckily I haven't played Jedi Outcast or read any of the EU
then fuck yourself retarded little faggot

I wasn't the biggest fan of TFA but I was really excited to see where they would go with it, like who was Snoke and what happened at the Jedi temple with the Knights of Ren, and what Luke's been up to. But nope. They just threw all that shit out the window.

We're not talking about Star Wars, user, we're talking about TLJ

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

At the end of the day, head canon is really the only canon that matters. Movie makers can't force you into suspending disbelief if you don't want to.

I seriously have no memory of it anyway.

Lets be honest, any film that included the originally three actors was doomed to fail. The standards for such a film were to high. I am surprised that Disney failed spectacularly. At the very least I thought the films would enjoyable. Not this Bolshevik crap, cultural marxist revision, SJW crap.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>At the end of the day, head canon is really the only canon that matters
Wow how about you kill yourself? It's a fucking intellectual property

>Bolshevik
>cultural Marxist

explain how TFA, Rogue One, and/or TLJ are representative of these terms

The OT isn't the best part of Star Wars. It's the extended universe, or legends as Disney has called it. Which was foolish for Disney to do. Keep the EU as and take a few of the New York Times best selling novels and use them as the basis for movies. Why not do a Thrawn Trilogy?

Is she a dumb american girl?

>weinsteins_car.jpg

I'm not little and I'm not a faggot but I WILL fuck myself. 2 to 1 GG EZ.

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/7nougo/the_last_jedi_got_it_all_wrong_but_out_of_them/

Ready my reddit post.

>The OT isn't the best part of Star Wars
>It's the extended universe

So is this what people mean by "caring about Star Wars?" You have to not care about Star Wars to care about Star Wars?

>The OT isn't the best part of Star Wars. It's the extended universe, or legends as Disney has called it.
You are a total brainlet, I bet you think KOTOR is the best thing in Star Wars, too.

Which childhood series would you like to see feminists ruin next?

Transformers

Actually, I thought Kotor 2 was better...

What? You make no sense.

ruined the disney saga for me

TLJ was so incredibly bad even worse than TFA

Faggots like you are the reason Disney thinks it's OK to release a 'trilogy' of films with supplemental material filling in the gaps for them, kill yourself.
t. someone who just finished rereading Heir to the Empire this morning

Street Sharks

tfw you haven't seen TLJ or even caught any of the hidden Reylo stuff in TFA but after all the /rlg/ threads on Sup Forums you like the dynamic and are actually interested in watching IX.

Fuck you you brainwashing faggots

>Worse than Rogue One.
RLJ makes TFA and RO look good by comparison and thats really not good AT ALL

>back to the days before you'd seen tlj
:(

I just enjoy reading Star Wars books dude.

>"If you actually care about Star Wars, you will hate TLJ" - most people on Sup Forums
>"the OT isn't the actual thing you're supposed to care about" - that guy

I'm trying to understand what caring about Star Wars means.

>ended up getting dragged to it by a couple of friends
>mfw

>genuinely enjoyed TFA when it came out
>sure it was a retread of ANH, but the new characters seemed interesting enough for a first film
>tons of questions for the rest of the trilogy
>Who is Snoke? How did he come into power? Who are the Knights of Ren? What will become of Hux and Phasma after losing Starkiller Base? What is Rey's origin? Will Kylo ever be redeemed? Why did Luke leave and will he train Rey?
>two years pass
>finally the second chapter of this new story!
>answers basically nothing set up in the first movie and the few questions it does answer are treated as pointless sidenotes
>adds multiple new characters that add nothing to the story
>entire plot is a low speed car chase in space to frame pointless action scenes around
>movie ends with everything from TFA frittered away and nothing new or interesting to question about whatever happens next

I was so willing to forgive the handful of faults that TFA may have had because it was trying to set up two more movies. TLJ was a huge waste of my fucking time and left me with no hype for the next one

Is there even anything to discuss or wonder about the next movie?

And you enjoy KOTOR II more than Empire Strikes Back, yeah, you fucking retard, go kill yourself

>ruins Leia
>ruins Yoda
>ruins Poe
>ruins even fucking MaRey Sue
>only L-Lukefags didn't like it

>>ruins Poe
He was shit to begin with

Well, it's pretty clear that Disney doesn't have the balls to actually end the Jedi. I just hope that the republic is actually restored, because Episodes 10-12 with even more rebels vs. emp- I mean, First Order is too much even for someone like me who is enjoying the sequel trilogy so far.

I'm the user who hasn't yet but plans to read the EU. From my current perception of the EU is that its full of plot holes and bad story telling that would give even TLJ a run for its money. However, the beauty of the EU is that it was heavily influenced by the fans and represents the investment fans have in the SW universe and lore. The OT touched its audience in such a way that they couldn't get enough to the point that conflicting story lines about what happens before, after and even during the OT were created.
The EU itself is not the best thing about SW but the fact that the EU is a thing is the best thing about SW.

> 'm trying to understand what caring about Star Wars means.

I don't know... you enjoy it? I like that the Star Wars universe is very reach, detailed and defined thanks to so many authors and artists who have added their own original stories to it.

I'm mad because I was hoping that Disney would realize what treasure trove of free movie material they had. That they simply had to put it on film and it would sell beyond what they expected.

Instead we got TLJ which vocally condemns the very universe which has created it. TLJ is the first anti-Star Wars - Star Wars movie.

>>genuinely enjoyed TFA when it came out
stopped reading there

South Park

how fucking young/stupid are you? underage faggot?
>huuuuhh how can people speculate about da movie huuhhh?

No. Finn was the only main character who wasn't "above the rest/kill stormtroopers with ease" heroic. He struggled, he got beaten down by a normal grunt stormtrooper, and he was scared and tried to run away to stay safe.

But when he had to protect Rey, he tried to fight Kylo Ren. He saw Kylo stop a blaster shot earlier in the movie, he knew he was no match, but he did it anyway.

He as a great character (in TFA), though maybe with the humor dialed up a bit too much. TLJ sort of ruined his potential.

The point is that Star Wars is a film franchise and the EU is full of sub-par writing, Deus Ex Machina, plot holes, rehashed plot lines, etc. You only care because the OT was good enough to grab your attention.

the republican primaries

My thoughts too. TFA wasn't amazing, but it was a decent enough start. Something weird happened with TLJ. It was supposed to pick and further explain what was suggested. Instead it was completely ignored. Eventually we are gonna start hearing rumors about sexual abuse on set or drugs use, or something because the movie came across as schizophrenic.

>ruins Poe
Not much to ruin really. And that's really only because he'd only been in one movie and was pretty much the only really likable character in it, if they'd let him be cool in this one he might've cemented himself as the best thing about the Nu Trilogy.

>He as a great character (in TFA), though maybe with the humor dialed up a bit too much.
WAY too much, also hindered by the actor's lack of talent.

No. Literally nothing. It can just be another TFA. There is no reason to see it.

a black caricature coward a filthy liar chasing white pussy

Eh, I'd say I enjoy them about equally. Both were very powerful and had strong moral undertones.

Apparently, in the disney canon (comic/books/whatever) he was a different character, fans were pissed. But, even if you ignore those, in TFA he wasn't the same as TLJ either, except for the beginning of the movie (joke + hot headed stupid).

That sounds like those awful walking dead episodes where the show goes and follows 7 different small plots at once

Oh wait that’s the entirety of the last few seasons

you're an embarrassment to anyone who cares about star wars on any level. I hope you get cancer. fuck you faggot.

>who even fucking cares what happens in the third nu wars movie now
I think only blind idiots and people wanting to get this over with will be waiting for the final installment of this series.

>where do we go from here

I have no idea user I'm as lost as you are where they story can go from here

Should you be in bed, user? Your mom will be mad.

Oh yeah the EU is not a consist universe. Some of the stories are amazing others are subpar. There aren't plot holes, not all of the 'history' of the Star Wars has been written about. If you are gonna get into it can't go wrong with the Thrawn Trilogy.

>Apparently, in the disney canon (comic/books/whatever) he was a different character,
Wouldn't surprise me but that's bold for the mouse

and the best character in TFA.

shut the fuck up youngfag

TFW starwars nerds are buthurt they got a good movie.

tfw you've truly, gladly sold your brain to an entertainment corporation and can no longer discern between fiction and reality

If I don't want to acknowledge entertainment franchise continuity, literally nobody can make me

even then it isn't desu

From the sound of it you sound like you haven't even read anything from EU.

This movie was just so...goddamn weird. Pacing was all over the place, and the characters felt derailed from what TFA set them up to be.
What the fuck must have happened behind the scenes to make this movie so strange? Seems like the cast wants to jump ship already, what did Johnson do?

What're you talking about? Older fans really liked TFA, while prequel fans weren't.
TLJ made just about everyone mad, except the people who like Star Wars no matter what and more casual people who don't care about Star Wars.

You must be very much braindead