Why are the Nu-Stormtroopers so soy-looking compared to the Clone Troopers and Imperial Storm Trooper

Why are the Nu-Stormtroopers so soy-looking compared to the Clone Troopers and Imperial Storm Trooper

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because they’re all niggers

it has something to do with that stupid ass nose piece thing

Too clean looking and the “mouth” has nothing there.
Although they do look slightly better in TLJ.

The virgin soft contours vs the Chad hard angles

they look like crying ducks. Also the body perportions they choose for the men to wear are stout/ cankles and nonathletic looking.

Black Rouge pne troopers, Lanky, taller, athletic in appearance. Menacing.

soy shoulders/chin

The helmet makes me think of some sort of Kia.

Which design is new again? Far right in that picture looks the best, middle obviously the worst.

They went from teh eggshell texture to Iphone smoothness. It just looks terrible now.

Fuck me, RO had the best armor designs from this whole Disney nonsense. Should have made the First Order look like the shoretroopers and be a rag tag terrorist group instead of the farce that they are.

>Nu
>soy

>they went from ants to a duck wahhhh

too bad there will never be a movie/show/cartoon where the empire/first order are actually competent and win things

This costume was pure sex. Why were they wasted on one scene in the one movie that will have zero follow up?

haha you sed soy

>soy-looking
Yeah, that meme went too far. It used to be kind of funny but you just killed it with your stupid shit. Way to kill the joke for everyone else, lardass.

Awkward teens trying to feel things out to fit in. Awkward when seeing it in person, still awkward when seeing it on a board.

The actual reason why is that the new soytroopers lack a sculpted chest on their armor

Secondly, they lack any sort of angles. Angles are traditionally masculine (i.e. muscle) whereas curves and softness are traditionally feminine.

Notice that the new troopers are soft and lack defining features pretty much everywhere, it's all round pieces.

I can forgive that but overall they're just too thick so they look chubby or toy-like

compare to these guys that look much leaner and more menacing

the new storm trooper is probably the only thing that looks like a natural progression and cool design in the shitquel trilogy

stfu

>I can forgive that but overall they're just too thick so they look chubby or toy-like

And that's the crux of the issue - lack of angles. The head is also way too large compared to the rest, which adds to the toy-like appearance. The midsection should be more natural like it is on the other, too.

This would have been a much better design, imo

what's this from?

middle is coolest tbqh

>too bad there will never be a movie/show/cartoon where the empire/first order are actually competent and win things

I got you senpai
m.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Agreed. Of all the shitty design choices in the new films, the storm troopers weapons and armor are fine.

Well the model being used for the newest trooper design is fat. Not a good look.

Rogue One

>middle is coolest tbqh

The clone armor actually has the most angles and impressions on it. I have to admit that I never thought too much of it, but it does look really good compared to the other two. Ironically, it's probably the most "modern" of all the armors

It went from
>Nazis in space
to
>G.I.s in space
to
>The Alt Right In Space

Like others have stated, they're too soft, no real definition in places like the chest. The weapons being white too doesn't really make sense either and gives everything a plastic, artificial feel. No personality, just like the films.

jej

never really liked how loose the chest rig is, makes it look kinda haphazard

New armor looks like an iphone case.

Am I the only one whose favorite infantry costume is the Tantive IV rebels?

I always loved those goofy helmets

Probably because they had to fit that pudgy wide-hipped manlet negro into the costume.

Literally the worst helmet style in the entire series

>stormtrooper nipples

>t. Soyboy

its goofy but iconic, i can see it

tacticool endor rebels are the GOAT though

There are enough carryovers in the armor that I'm overall OK with it (although I much prefer the pilot and snowtrooper designs to the standard one for the FO), however my big problem was that the guns straight up look like fucking toys. I get that a lot of them are made with plastic/rubber for stunts, but they didn't even try to make them look like metal, the overuse of white makes the guns look fake, part of what made blasters cool was that they were actually built of real gun parts and so looked like real guns.

Better define the chest, shrink the helmet slightly or switch them all to something like the snowtrooper one, lose the white plastic on weapons, and the goofy shock sticks.

>every blaster kills you with one shot
>wearing helmets

Why?

for me its this

Because you lack the proper knowledge that more streamline armor makes for better mobility? The clone armor doesn't look manly and the imperial armor isn't entirely masculine either. You're only a fan of the imperials because they were the first space nazis in the Star Wars lore.

Death Trooper is best trooper.

Ceremonial dress for an alderaanian crew that likely never saw real combat.

The First Order troopers were pretty much inspired from Apple products to the point the blaster rifles have white plastic on them now. Hard to be intimidating when you look like an iPad.

Best helmet, armor and name.

This is how soyboys think

helmets are mostly to stop impacts and fragmentation rather than direct hits even irl

Because their masks are smiling making them look less menacing.

Too much unnecessary detail. The whole design looks like adidas sports shoes.

The rebels are the terrorists

We don't actually see for certain how many people are straight up killed by blasters. You can't tell whether a stormie is dead or not through the armor, but we do know that there were extensive medical facilities for wounded clones during the CW, so there must then be a significant number of survivors to actual receive treatment.
Loses too much of the Star Wars feel for my taste, although I would love to see some more belt pouches and chest rigs.

It's ok to be wrong as long as you learn from it

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

The Rebels are now the Republic and the Empire's remnants would have been the terrorists.

is that.. just vaders suit and the other shit spray painted black?

Except that the Republic is no more

I used to only play the vanguard class in star wars battlefront so I could wear this outfit

Jewtroopers

Nah, I don't think so

Would look cool in a different sci-fi movie series or game. The first to mind was Halo. Still looks top notch.

Stormtrooper Armor actually does give limited protection against standard issue blaster projectiles. IIRC in either the animated or the cartoon series, it was mentioned that trooper armour could dispense the shock of impact so that the trooper gets knocked out, but save his life.

Yes, the design sucks, but the real problem is that they're just the same as stormtroopers from 40 years ago. Make the blasters keyed to only shoot when held by the stormtrooper who was issued the weapon. Make the armor blaster resistant and maybe throw in a few more fancy gadgets to set them apart from the stormtroopers of the old days. At least if they were given advanced tech and not just what every other fucker in the galaxy has access to, they might be a credible threat. They're about as threatening as battledroids right now.

maybe you should let the USMC know they should stop wearing helmets then, because a bullet might hit them and kill them elsewhere

overdesigned garbage, will never beat the simple nazi aesthetic of the OT

Okay, here's the thing though; I said SHOULD as opposed to what is.

And?

Reddit

You sound as if I'm referring to them as if that's what they are. I'm not.

>reddit
>nazis

If you're going to throw around inflated, overused buzzwords, at least get your political domains right you easily offended faggot.

Left is the new one, middle is all CG-one, right is oldest one.

>Doesn't really form a face now. The mouth is sort of like a smile.
>Literally no hard edges, it looks really strange for Star Wars
Phasma is an improvement since her mask has sharp points.

Reddit is mad

Virgin Hugs vs the Chad Krennic.

Ehh kinda generic IMO.

Didn't FA come out before the Alt Right become a thing as we know it today?

The Empire was just so cool. All of the Imperial designs from the uniforms to the armour to the ships, vehicles and weapons themselves was just cool. It screamed superiority and style.

Fuck me

nazi is mad :^)

>mp40 magazine carriers in the upper chest
Mmmm
What did the mean with this?

If only they were a threat in the film.

Nah dude, thats too much.

name a cooler armor variant I dare you

the chest rig is a rubber molding of a chicom chest rig with HK G3 magazines in it.

it just all sort of works though.

>That scene in ROTS where these guys gun down potatoe man in the snow

For his space mp40 when his space mg34 runs out

Scout is the best OT armor I agree

Heartbreaking.

Probably the saddest death of the entire movie.

Specifically Commander Wolffe.