ITT Post Your Ideas for Cartoons and/or Comics

This thread again.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasekura_Tsunenaga
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Two people managed to have dreams together. The series would consist of these two characters solving slice-of-life problems through their dreams and the enthralling adventures they experienced while there.

Can you go more into detail user?

Powerpuff girls but with east Asian child prostitutes.

Drunken Sailor, a comic strip

Would the Powerpuff Girls themselves be these prostitutes or...?

What's the premise?

A drun,ken sailor is 100% every stereotype of a drunken pirate and he helps people mr magoo style

Kayfables
An adventure story in a world of wrestling following the son of the former World Champion as he journeys to increase his power, learn other wrestling styles, and claim his birthright stolen when his father was lethally pinned.

Actually kind of cool. Would be neat if the two people who share dreams never meet each other in real life.

Based off a D&D campaign with friends, the earliest version of Mount and Blade, Warcraft, and Doom:

In a low fantasy medieval world, the kingdoms of men are at war. But then from a portal in the sky, elves from a high fantasy world come down and seek refuge from the Demon Wars. The human kingdoms form an alliance, and they allow the elves to live in the northern highlands in peace. Everyoone prepares for a demon invasion.

Centuries pass, and the human kingdoms have formed a confederacy to better protect themselves and each other, ruled by the Council of Kings. The realms are protected by the Kingsmen, the greatest knights of each kingdom working together to defend their lieges. Even the Holy Church does its part in protecting the confederacy, by forming the Circle of Brothers for God - the paladins. Meanwhile, the elves have integrated into living in the mountainous and heavily forested region of the north. They study the ways of their old gods, and master elemental magic to protect themselves and their human allies.

One day a mist befalls an elven border town, and no one is leaves the town for weeks. The tax collectors, and then the investigators, and then the High Constable and his retinue - they all disappear as they near the mist. Soon te mist spreads into a human town, and the two races argue over whodunit.

They agree to send their best men to investigate further, fearing demonic work at hand. A party consisting of a stoic paladin who truly and utterly worships his God, a bombastic fun-loving Kingsman knight and prestigious lord, and the High Cleric of the elves - a studious and kindhearted young man - lead an army into the misty lands. The paladin and Kingsman are childhood friends who studied as squires under the same lord before the former chose a path with the church, and the Kingsman and the elf know each other from many diplomatic exchanges. However, the paladin and the cleric hate each other because of their differing views on religion.

1/2

A shota prince is surrounded by a bunch of thicc af milfs of all different races that are always seeking his attention

Who cares what the actual plot is, tho

>Would be neat if the two people who share dreams never meet each other in real life.
Why's that user?

I don't know, what would be the point of solving their problems in their dreams together if they could just do it while awake together?

Girl has power. Expected to fill role of military leader with friends. Deturmined to prevent a war between the rich and impoverished majority. Only see things one way.

Meets girl who is impoverished. Becomes friends. War starts. Fights between the two and their friends ensue on right and wrong ways to handle the war.
A girl to woman war tale.

I think that since when you're having a lucid dream, you can practically do anything, your imagination is literally your limit. Imagine if modern day therapies had that.

After her grandson can't find a date for prom, a grandmother uses a wand to become a hot teen to become her grandson's date

Yet things get wacky, once the grandson wants to do more than "date"

The Mary Tyler Moore Show, but with an orc girl from another dimension.

In their journey, their worst fears come true. It is revealed an ancient elven necromancer is summoning an army of the dead using his Death Mist. He plans to take the elven holy city, where he will open a portal to Hell and enlist an army of nigh-unstoppable demons. After that he plans to capture the human's Holy Seat, which will be corrupted to end the reign of the One God. Turns out the paladin was right - but now's not the time for bragging.

They campaign to stop the necroancer, but his army of undead proves too numerous. They retreat and bolster their ranks, and return to the elven lands now in ruins. They trail though the carnage and find that he has already besieged the elven holy city, which is the site of the portal the ancient elves used to escape the War.

They have a massive battle and the necromancer is almost defeated, but in the end he succeeds and forces his ever-growing army into the city. He opens the Hell Portal before he can be stopped, and a war party of demons, lead by a Hell Knight are summoned.

Another epic battle, but it is for naught. The paladin is killed by the Hell Knight, and the Kingsan and High Cleric and their are surrounded. The necromancer even raises the paladin from the dead... only for the paladin to snap his neck in fury. Even in undeath, the paladin only serves his God. The paladin destroys the portal, and the demons retreat.

All that happens in the first three or four episodes/issues/chapters. The rest of the series is the undead paladin, the now one-armed Kingsman, and the High Cleric (who has become a lush drunk after the destruction of his city and the revelation he has dedicated his life to false gods) hunting down the demon army and the Hell Knight.

2/2

Not to offend you user, but would it really be wacky?

The heir to a clan of martial artists heads to the states after hes denied a life of black jack and hookers in kickboxing.

Opening up a martial arts school that becomes an MMA gym he thinks hes escaped his family legacy only to have his ancestors ghost come to tell him that he must present a warrior for the war they continue to fight against the evil dragons of the north.

The old man picks a borderline insane boy in his gym. Hijinks ensue.

It would be strictly a comedy/action show.

Comedy would come from the bizzaro personalities of the main characters and how they react to the magic of their world. From the old mans borderline too old for this shit approach to his pupils rabid hit first think later mindset.

Action would be martial arts heavy. Old man likes kicks. His pupil is a nasty boxer.

No heavy emphasis on romance or slice of life stuff.

No, it's set when the PPG are older. They've grown bitter and depressed with their lives and Townsville, so they take their pain out on Asian hookers they beat to death. Townsville keeps them supplied with more and quietly cleans up the bodies because they're afraid what the PPG would do if they lost their outlet.

What about a world where WRESTLING was real but everything else was kayfabe?

A purehearted wrestler wants to pull back the curtain and learn the truth of the world.

>No heavy emphasis on romance or slice of life stuff.
Is this really something that needs to be said?

By this point? Surprisingly yeah.

Villain centered in which he only cares about getting people in shape.

No. The whole world is wrestling. All the kooky things about wrestling are 100% real. Championships are basically titles of power. All conflict is solved in the ring and moves are all completely real fighting moves. Think something like Queen's Blade but everyone is Zangief and El Fuerte.
To be fair, though, think it'd work better as my initial concept: a jrpg.

How is he a villain, then?

The main character is mercenary girl who's power is to shapeshift. She usually uses her powers to change parts of her body into weapons, or to make keys, with her fingers.

She's no-nonsense and overly serious, but not bitchy. But she's also desperate for cash, as her father's deep in debt. And unfortunately, the Power Team has the best offers.

The Power Team consists of a bunch of well-meaning, friendly, rich, and annoying teen superheroes. They think her coolness and skill are a great addition to the team. She absolutely hates them, but she puts up with them without complaint because, again, money.

A lot of the story would be about the main girl's espionage missions on the side, or her work with the team. It'd be like Parks and Rec, only if Leslie had April's personality and liked shooting people with her arm.

Also, the main girl is a secret pervert. She never shows it, and it only comes up in the occasional panel, where she's checking out peoples' asses.

1. It would cut down on the amount of story that takes place in the real world, and restrict most of the important interactions to a (presumably) more interesting setting.

2. Having the two characters meet and learn about each other as the reader follows along allows for the simplest exposition of their histories and personalities, which works well for SoL stories.

3. What said. If they do know each other, it would be nice if there's some kind of twist to their interactions while awake that makes them unable or unwilling to talk things out face-to-face. I get the argument for fantastical therapy sessions being superior, but I would want the dream interactions to feel necessary.

Anyway, it's a neat idea and you should do something with it.

Wanting to live his childhood dream of being a super villain, a lich from the Netherworld ventures to the world of the living to begin his journey. Unfortunately, it's not as simply as he'd hoped. He soon finds out that the life of heroes and villains is not so different from wrestling or a tv show; its all setup, and the villains don't win very often. Though he becomes disillusioned with his new occupation, he'll try to keep getting by with the help of his friends (most of which he describes as "annoying acquaintances"). These friends are made up of a neckbeard who henches for a big-time villain, a crazy girl who wants to be his partner in crime, a wraith guy who wants to be a hero but can't seem to manage, and a little goth girl who just wants to be his friend.

During the early 1600's, a Japanese diplomat traveled through Mexico to reach Spain. Accompanying him on this journey were numerous bodyguards and Samurai. During this journey, many decided to stay and live in the new world.
This story is of their decedents 200 years later in the American Western Frontier.
I call it, Wild West Samurai.
It would be a fairly standard Western revenge plot, but with a lot of cultural mixing between the Japanese and Mexicans. Train robberies gone wrong, shoot outs in the street, cowboys, bandits.
I'm pretty sure I want the cover to be a samurai wearing a sombrero.

Tell me about how stylish it would be.

Sounds very cool. I like how you have the basis of the whole thing covered already.

I don't know how realistic vs how flashy I want to make it, to be honest. I feel like Spaghetti Western Samurai have a lot of potential for pretty splash pages and such, I just need to rip off iconic Kurosawa and Leone poses/scenes, I guess.
Thanks.
Always let reality be your muse.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasekura_Tsunenaga
I heard about this journey, and my mind instantly went to Samurai in the Old West, and the kind of stuff I could do with that.
I imagined a typical Japanese styled home, but in the middle of the arid Mexican desert. I thought of how despondent some of the family members could be, some trying to preserve their culture, others wanting to just leave it all behind and fully integrate.
But yeah, I was thinking it would be a kind of older guy that's been down on his luck, having a politician friend try to help him out by offering a bodyguard job to him and his family as he journeys to America to conduct some trade negotiation. Que the train robbery and kidnapping/ransoming, he gets his ass kicked a bit and then has to go save them.

A workplace comedy about a group of people working in an ethically grey Mega Corporation in the future.
>MegaCo Building is the size of a city
>Creates everything from food and drugs to entertainment and weapons.

>Straight edge accountant who just wants his paycheck.
>Alien Cat Lady who transferred to the Terran division to "Diversify the workplace", still learning customs.
>A duo of security guards, a cynical old man whose been working on the beat for decades, And a new baby face recruit fresh out of training program.
>The janitor who may or may not be the CEO

The corporation is extremely large, but due to budget cuts in their particular sector, safety measures and the code of conduct have been gimped. This allows the R&D department to make all kinds of insane crap.
>Other Companies trying to attack the competition.
>Generic Future Movie protagonists try to destroy the company to no avail

80s synthwave cartoon about a shota boy trying to be a samurai. His instrument is a keymisen... maybe? And his companions are two friendly robots. He lives in a country that is run by a harsh dictator, where people have no freedom. Some scene will involve full nudity of that shota. Also that boy will have a girlfriend.

It's going to get more stylish as the protagonists get more powers. .

The early show I don't want it to be the realistic slog of distance control, footwork rhythm but more of a constant highlight reel. Everyone who fights is going to fight like they're in the perfect mood and perfect condition.

The pupil? He's going to be slipping and weaving around punches, pivoting off charges and pulling kicks.

The master is going to be jamming knees and midsections framing and kicking and kneeing the hell out of people in clinches.

As the foes get more mystical I want it to start looking more and more like a very fast Hong Kong Kung Fu flick with more western martial arts and magic instead of well Kung Fu.

Think man flurrying on a squishy human with massive metal gauntlets that crush concrete while blowing flame and the human having to outmaneuver by moving like a top.

young black urban kid finds out he has telekinetic abilities while he tries to clean up his community. Over time he comes to realize theres a whole underground world of espers hiding in plain sight. Shit ensues

Cartoon adaptation of pic related. Samurai Jack-ish art, 10 episodes, Adult Swim.

>On a research facility on the Mars' moon Phobos, monsters from another dimension invade. Follow the space marine as he uncovers the cause of the invasion, and his quest to end it.

>exposition is given through security footage, experiment documents, and scientific video-journals
>we only find out about the protagonist's story in a POV flashback episode in the middle of the series after dying on Phobos.
>blood and gore
>POV berserker sequence near the end
>super sick metal OST

Mob Psycho (100 emoji) (fire emoji)

>I don't know how realistic vs how flashy I want to make it, to be honest. I feel like Spaghetti Western Samurai have a lot of potential for pretty splash pages and such, I just need to rip off iconic Kurosawa and Leone poses/scenes, I guess.
Kurosawa was kind of legendary not only for his scenes but also the kind of dark way he portrayed fights.

The westerns that borrowed shit from him kind of lightened it up because of the gun play vs sword fighting.

You might run into issues trying to follow both exactly.
That sounds complicated to show on scene.

It'll be as complicated as a very fast flurry in boxing or MMA.

It'll look pretty and when slowed down and examined make sense.

The show takes place in a mad world populated mostly by villains. Essentially, some event took place that allowed for a particular group of villains to rule over the world and wipe out nearly all superheroes, and thus, constant power struggles take place and most heroes have turned into castaways, or have lost their powers. But that's just the lore.

The actual show is about a duo of conmen who make a living as arms dealers and henchmen for hire, selling their services to bigger villains. They frequently steal from their employers or pull off heists and schemes to sustain their business, which often include their obnoxious neighbors. Think of it like Seinfeld/IASIP meets Venture Bros/Lupin III/TF2.

The main cast consists of
>A short and fat mechanic who runs the mechanics. Brutish and unrefined, he's nevertheless an expert mechanic. Wants to make it big as a supervillain to get tons of money. Looks like Danny Devito dressed as Hunter Thompson.
>A tall, lanky and conniving businessman. While his partner works with weapons, he devises heists, negotiates contracts, sells their services, etc. Arrogant, snarky and petty, he's very prone to slapstick. Looks like Robbie Rotten + a human version of Scaramouche
>A young thrill-seeking witch/magician who frequently tags along with the brothers in their endeavors (usually to try and steal what they are looking for). Think Lydia Deetz meets Elaine Benes.
>A deranged hobo who crashes by in the store's dumpster. Used to be a famous superhero before he fell into disgrace. He is the wild card and the muscle, downright invincible in a fight but too unpredictable to rely on. Looks like a fusion between Kramer and Duke Nukem.

Finally a place i can show and tell my idea and find opinions for my idea for a comic/cartoon i am working on. O dont have much done so there isnt much to show as of yet. But my idea is to create a cartoon inspired by alice in wonderland and like sucker punch but on acid lol.
It will be about a girl in her late teens. Screwed up life, screwed up family, blah blah blah, life sucks. So she escapes reality through daydreaming and fucked up dreams. When she dazes off, the dreams will be anything from her being a supernatural creature, to being kidnapped and tortured, to falling down a rabbit hole, but i want them to be very psychedelic and sort of like hallucinations. I want there to be suspicions of drugs lile lice in wonderland without them being shown or talked about in the cartoon. Im still in the brainstorming stage as i draw and create my characters. Im super excited about this. My first real project. I am more of a drawer than a story teller or writer so which is why im using the comic book style of telling the story, but in my own drawing style. As soon as i have something worth showing, i will defiantly post it.

>that spoiler
YOU KNOW NOTHING OF DOOMGUY!

>teleported to a dark room full of demons
>even the floor is killing you
>"You beat the big badasses, and this is what you get? You deserved better."
>you spawn in Deimos base, which is floating over Hell itself
>you only have your pistol and no armor, like some kind of punishment
He died and went to Hell, user. Which makes him even cooler, because that means they put him there for eternal torment and he STILL kicked their asses.

I remember an idea for a cartoon that was posted in these threads and it was basically this.
> D&D Cartoon featuring a group of people
> Shows what's happening in real life and in the game, so it transitions from some nerds rolling dice to warriors clashing with orcs and getting criticals
>Each episode usually has something different happen, like different classes, monster encounters or real life events.
>Usual Dungeon Master decides to play and is replaced another character who turns out to be more cruel and evil but in the end has his final boss beaten by the usual DM
>New people join in and start fucking up the game by playing too casually but then the episode ends with the adventure turning into a hilarious fuckfest.
etc. there were a few more episodes the user made but i forgot.

Cybertron PD

Takes place with the basic IDW idea that the big war between Bots and Cons is long over.

Something underneath the bustling city streets is claiming the lives of the poor and disadvantaged. It's up to Prowl and his untested, hotheaded partner to set the wrong things right.

The whole thing would play out like a procedural.

The godfather but with lesbians

>You might run into issues trying to follow both exactly.
I'll keep that in mind.
I suppose I'll also be looking up Vagabond and Blade of the Immortal just to see how they do it.
Any other western/samurai stuff that I should consume?

If he where to pitch this to an editor or studio exec, then yes.

it's like naruto but with street gangs

Working title is: The Unluckiest Girl in the World.
The story is set in a fairly standard silver age-y type Cape setting, and follows around the life of a young girl as her life is systematically ruined by how fucked up everything is.
Her family is killed during a fight with a Dr. Doom expy while she's at school, she bounces around from adoption family to adoption family but they all turn out to be villains in some way. One is a cult of werewolves going to sacrifice her to bring out their wolf-god, another are aliens trying to do nefarious body-replacement schemes. She is always rescued by some hero, but there's a lot of mental strain.
Eventually she is placed in the care of a family with a teenage superhero.
Not especially sure where I want to go with it from there, to be honest. She probably falls for the teen hero, but it worried that she's cursed and something bad will happen to him. She could also want to become a super hero to try and avenge her troubles. Or maybe she becomes the poster child for some sort of government legislation regarding superpowers.

Shizune the Jungle Kunoichi

>Shizune, master ninja of the Tiger's Eyes Clan
>she been tasked to stop the yakuza gang, the Reptile's Claw to smuggle dangerous drugs in cargo ship
>however, due to unexpected heavy storms cause the cargo ship wreck in the mysterious island that fill with prehistoric creatures like dinosaur and lost civilization
>Shizune with her ninja abilities, use it to survives the mysterious island

Western battle shonen with insane power levels and western shit.

Three high school mean girls get magical girl powers and have to protect their city while learning to work together and be better people.

A guy gets turned into a magic unbreakable sword. Every episode focuses on a new hero or villain finding and trying to use him. They can't here what he thinks but the audience can.

"I Origins" movie, but anime

playing it straight or more parody?
Both would e cool.

He does it with evil schemes.

Western Evangelion sci-fi except not mech and the main character overcomes their problems

>the main character overcomes their problems
That happens in Evangelion though.

Not in a way that's too comfy or with a world intact

In this world, seafolk live in secret beneath the water; they're mostly humanoid but can breathe and swim underwater. Think the Zora from later Zelda games.

The main characters are a girl from our world, who is very cheerful but uses it to hide the fact that she has few friends, and a seafolk girl who has come to our world because she feels like she needs to prove things to her peers. The seafolk girl is bright but terrible at swimming and other skillful work, but figures that she can show off to a human girl that hasn't known any other seafolk.

The show mostly focuses on their adventures together as expected of an unlikely duo/literal fish out of water plot. It would be targeted towards young girls, with most episodes featuring some sort of simple moral. One of the main focuses of the series is on accepting the weird and different, so many episodes will revolve around the girls meeting and helping either a human or a seafolk with a peculiar issue that, despite its magical qualities, is easily drawn into an analogy to an issue that viewers of the intended audience might tackle.

There is also a vague overarching plot regarding the secrecy of the seafolk that would be slowly built up over seasons. The end of the first season would have them be disclosed to the general public, with the second season focusing on their integration to human society and the hijinks associated with that.

>fishgirl
>terrible at swimming
Into the trash it goes.

There are plenty of landgirls who suck at running compared to their peers. I bet their walking skills would impress the fuck out of a dolphin, though.

wow
CN is getting desperate

It's just a character archetype I despise.
"All of my people are known for X, but I'm really bad at X!"
"I'm part of a band of angels, but I have the smallest wings and can't fly very well!"
"I'm a demon, but my horns never grew in, so I get made fun of all the time!"
It's just so hamfistedly weepy and woe is me, while also being a pat on the back when they get put into a different setting/context. I see it all the time, and it just gets on my nerves.

Somehow forgot to mention in the post that the human girl is an athletic swimmer which is how she meets the fish girl in the first place. On the converse, the fish girl is better at things that the human girl has insecurities over, such as making friends and academics. They learn from one another over the course of the series.

It's not really the main focus of her character, just a motivation to learn from the human girl initially so as to establish their friendship.

It's just a fantasy creature trope that makes me think of so many ill-formed Sonic OCs.
Like, how much would the character change if she was on par ability wise with the rest of her fishpeople? Her being bad with underwater basket weaving is fine, because at least that adds some personality/character. Her just being physically deficient seems lame to me.
Do what you will, though.

A white cute teddy bear protects its little friend from the nightmares fighting against them in the dreaming land.

Well, I needed to find a reason for them to learn from one another. It's certainly possible that the human girl could be good at some other insecurity of the fish girl's. Swimming was just the simplest one that I could think up that the target audience (i.e. young girls as mentioned in the post) would immediately grasp. The overall purpose of the series is somewhat akin to a show like Arthur or MLP (at least, from what I've gathered, as I haven't seen MLP) in that it presents relatable situations to the viewer. Like MLP, these situations would often have a magical or otherworldly twist, but the crux of it would remain grounded.

In this case, her being bad at swimming or whatever other thing that is expected of seafolk would be an avenue to explore things like failing expectations or being different from what your family/peers want you to be, and how that's all right too within reason, and that the girl doesn't need to prove herself but can stand on other merits. I don't intend to belabour the issues or have the main cast feel sorry for her.

Still, I fully understand your point and agree with the ways in which that trope is generally used.

This could really work as a non episodic series

user, stop inserting your fetish into your pitch

>or being different from what your family/peers want you to be
This is generally the point where things go off the road, because the person making it is a weirdo sperg, which usually leads to black and red Sanic type OCs.
But this is for a kids show, and you seem to have a good handle on things, so I guess it's fine.

Pish-posh, comics and cartoons are the ideal places to forcefully insert your fetish and subconsciously pass it on to a new generation.

There's a difference between "being different in the sense that I'm going to want to fuck anthropomorphic animals" and "being different in the sense that my parents wanted me to a doctor but I have little interest in that; instead I will pursue my career interest in economics" or "most people in my peer group prefer Thing X, but I prefer Thing Y of comparative value." No one's advocating for sanic OC acceptance.

Kind of a rule 63 Loud house set in panhandle Florida in the late 70s. Family of 7 boys and one girl and a widowed Dad to raise them.
The protagonist is a more grounded take on the "boy genius" archetype. Think more firecrackers and dead frogs than super science. His big achievement was taking apart the lawn mower when he was 7. He resents his family for being a bunch of rednecks. And the main arch would have him learning to appreciate them.

A group of anthropomorphic rats sneak onto a convict ship bound for Tasmania. End up in penal colony inhabited by human convicts, crude rats with Australian accents, and aboriginal marsupials.
Rats must avoid humans/cats trying to kill them.

Basically Fievel goes west plus English passengers.

Sounds a lot like pic related, except they inhabit each others bodies when they dream.

your idea is cooler. construction workers fake putting up buildings, a judge giving out verdicts for crimes that never happened. Backstage the president is grabbing a beer with your garbageman and talking over fucking ring rats.

It's basically about an awkward teenage girl who can travel into the dreams of others, using that ability to help her cast of eccentric and often unstable classmates and dig up more about an underlying mystery underneath the town, mainly dealing with an underground cult attempting to resurrect a lovecraftian horror from beyond the impossible. Overtime we're introduced to first the friend circles and relationships surrounding the school, and later on the social structures dictating the surrounding towns where the central characters live and work. As the comic progresses we are also introduced to the idea that other teens in the area have begun developing suspicious abilities, namely the "queen bitch" of school, who here has been translated to the defacto head of the drama kids, who's dangerous ability to steal memories threatens the stability of the entire community.

Anthology series. It doesn't really have a title but it's named Superman in my notes to keep the theme front and center.

The stories would be sort of self contained and centered around various youths in a futuristic city.The stories would vary in tone and actual story, but mostly to be perfectly frank they're going to be semi rants about being a hero.

None of the various MCs are traditional heroic figures but they're not antheroes. They're supposed to come off as normal if a bit weird people who when presented with an injustice or danger stepped up and just did the damn thing.

I'm outling the first story of the thing and the main character of the first arc is this skinnyfat computer nerd I've named Courage after the dog. While the threat he ends up going against is technological in nature, he's physically outclassed by one of the main antagonists and the positive aspects of his character that is emphasized is his just borderline retarded bullheadedness and drive in the face of danger, even if he's not as brave or strong as he could or should be.

The main hub of connection between all of them is going to be the emergency room they all end up in as a result of their adventures..

...Did you play night in the woods recently?

sounds like an anime to me.

>The main hub of connection between all of them is going to be the emergency room they all end up in as a result of their adventures.
Can't speak of the rest of your idea but that's hilarious.

I've heard about it. It seems similar in tone to my project, though mine has more of a middle class New England vibe than a working class appalachia vibe.

The main character is also less of a bitch than Mae, less an edgy outcast loner and more an anxiety ridden busybody who uses work to fill the hole.

Gamer Gators: Three American Alligators and a Gharial wth an Indian accent review fictional games/movies and discuss things on a fictional internet show (thing Eltingville club meets Game Grumps)

I've been working on this one a long time, even posted it once or twice here on Sup Forums, but I'd love to get some more feedback here.

Basically, Shopkeep, a medieval potions brewer with a chip in his shoulder, is swept along for the ride when his brother Lionel, the kigdom's arrogant hero, and Vanna, his timid fairy companion, begin a new quest upon learning that Balthasar, the villain they defeated that rocketed them to stardom, has returned and is out for revenge. Think of it as a Zelda game from an NPC's perspective and Link is an asshole. I know that just from that, it sounds pretty generic, but my hook is the characters, their personalities, and their dynamics with one another. I've put a lot of work into them and I think they're fairly entertaining to watch. If anyone's interested, I could go into more detail, but I don't want this post to be longer than it already is.

Is the plot at least interesting?
Having good characters in a boring plot is not a successful recipe.
You really need a better elevator pitch.
>and Link is an asshole
Eugh. This is almost as bad as Mario is a drug addict junkie.

The plot's got a good amount going for it, with a clear goal in mind each step of the way. I want to try and use it to work with the theme of peoples' legacies and impacts being direct results of their actions and totally within their control. I agree, though, I definitely need to find a better way to pitch it. And "asshole" was probably the wrong word to choose, he's more of a reckless goof with a big ego.

sounds rad

My only question is, would you get Mick Gordon, or someone else for the OST?

I feel like describing your MC/PoV character as an NPC is a bad move. To me, it just sounds like he stands in the corner during a dungeon raid asking his brother when they can go home.
>reckless goof with a big ego
I take it he's not supposed to be likable, but he's very popular in the world and the shopkeep is bitter and resentful of this and the brother never sees it because of his ego?

You're not far off, honestly. At the beginning, that's exactly how he's presented, since we're seeing him through the MC's bitter lens, but as we get to know him better and really see him play the hero role, we start to realize, along with the MC, that he really is a good guy.

In the future, entertainment has become so artificial to the point that robots are being made to entertain on television. Young freshly made bot is created by some old guy who remembers the good ol' days of entertainment. The bot doesn't like how entertainment is and decides to create his own show to remind people of good shit. Focus is mainly on the obstacles ahead of him as he tries to get it greenlit, the connections he makes, and how it all helps him eventually succeed.

TL;DR Shite arse metaphor for the state of animation

Daughter of a Kebab seller finds a ring containing the spirit of Vlad the Impaler. He wants to find eternal rest but she fell in love with him, which is complicated because he wants to impale kebab but not in a sexual way.

I like it, I think there's a whole lot of stuff you could do with that idea. It would probably end up pretty niche since the interest in the subject matter is fairly specific to people like Sup Forums users, but it would certainly have a place. And I really like that robot design, his 40s animation feel fits in perfectly with what he wants to do.

but user, he's already right.