Remember when Green Lantern was a Chinese necromancer, Batman was a suit of Arthurian armor possessed by a cursed soul...

Remember when Green Lantern was a Chinese necromancer, Batman was a suit of Arthurian armor possessed by a cursed soul, The Flash was an astronaut with light powers, and Superman was psychic Harvey Dent?

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.proxybit.download/tangent-comics-dc-comics-imprint-tt5479237.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Uh-
Wh-
Huh?

Remember when Wonder Woman was an alien hybrid super soldier who constantly pondered the greater meaning of existence?

Tangent was fucking WEIRD.

I gotta fever.
user.
And the only PUHSCRIPTION-
is MORE CONTEXT

Tangent was really weird.

Tangent was a brief imprint where DC heroes were completely reimagined from the ground up on nothing other than their names.

It was pretty weird.

Can you elaborate on some of 'em? Now my curiosity is piqued.

>Can you elaborate on some of 'em? Now my curiosity is piqued.
Harvey dent also became superman.

And he-
Is black?

>Tangent
What's that?

I'm not sure where to even start. Joker's a girl and doing the madcap anarchist antihero thing years before Harley. Flash is is a woman with light powers. Superman is a hyper-evolved messianic figure. Atom is Superman. Batman is a cursed suit of armor. Green Lantern is like a mishmash of the Phantom Stranger and the Spectre in a Chinese dress.

Nightwing is an organization that's like Shadow Pact meets Checkmate.

It's a lot of weird, crazy stuff. Some of it's very good, some of it's not. There are like eighteen one shots from the 90's and a miniseries from ten years ago and they showed up in Convergence too. So the Tangent stuff gets dusted off every few years.

>That time The Atom accidentally got Florida nuked
good times

What about the supervillains?

>Another one of these situations where they take the original superhero name, and take it in a completely different direction than intended.
Why do authors do this instead of making a new hero?

Because it can be a fun little exercise to do?

It was just a fun little alt universe thing they did a couple times. Relax.

I wish the Big Two still did weird batshit stuff.
>that time Havok died and was reborn in an alternate universe that was even more anti-mutant that 616 and Storm was also a vampire

I wish they did another crossover. But it'll probably be too action centric and not character driven.

It just seems somewhat senseless to do. Why not just do the same thing but make a completely new character out of it? That way if it's really popular, you could continue it.

>Guy Gardner had the Tagent Universe Green Lantern in his storage area.

>Remember when Green Lantern was a Chinese necromancer
That was actually pretty fucking cool, she had a great design too.

>Peter David
My interest has increased by 100%

My question is, are they good?

That cover looks cool as fuck
The drawing is a bit shot but it looks like a designers republic design

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT POWERGIRL GRRRR

yes they are.

power girl in this universe is a genetically engineered being who was put together with popularity and fame in mind as well as power. she was to be a cultural and metahuman weapon

>'90s Robinson
>J.H. Williams III

>tangent batman has my name
cool

Your name is Tangent Batman? Your parents are weird.

storytime

We need a storytime

I kinda wanna come up with my own Tangent versions of characters now. This seems like it would be fun.

The Flash's mom was the astronaut. Tangent Flash was just a celebutant

You guys want a storytime? Alright, here we go then!

Get ready for Wanda the Wonder Woman! She's a wonder! And yet she wonders...

By Peter "Young Justice" David and some guy who drew Flash once I think

Thanks user. Is there a chronological order to Tangent series and are you posting just Wonder Woman or more?

I'm only posting WW because it's the one I happen to have and I wanted to run it for a while.

There's probably a torrent out there where you can get the rest of Tangent, but with KAT dead I dunno where to look.

>"Pair O'Dice Island

>Ambush Bug
>Woozy Winks
>Element Girl
> Garfield Logan

Pad's really digging deep for his Tangents!

>They don't call me "Ambush" Bug for nothing!
>the Ms in MGM fall on their least stable side to form Ws
>Wanda, girl
>Wonder Girl? More like Wonder Woman
REALLY, Pete?

The End!

Everything.
Literally everything about this is terrible.

Sometimes I forget how weird the 90s were

>Pair O'Dice Island
>called Wonder Woman because she's a woman who wonders
It's like I'm mainlining the distilled essence of PAD's writing directly into my veins.

>Wonder Woman through pure thought can reorder time if she...wonders hard enough.

they are still canon on earth-9
also in the JLA vault is the Lantern of

Wow, this is shockingly bad.

I mean thanks for the storytime, but wow.

Yeah I do those personal team line up idea threads everyonce and a while & I considered her for my version of Justice Incarnate because I kinda like her design but god damn she is way overpowered.

Bump

Still waiting for reprints, DC.

Again, it's a universe where the premise is that the ONLY thing they kept are characters' names, and were free to change literally everything else about them.

There's a bit of a chronological order, volume 1 takes place before volume 2, even if its all one shots. And then there's Superman's Reign that was published some 10 years after that.

For those interested, I found a torrent on a kickass proxy that seems to be working, but it is slow as hell: kat.proxybit.download/tangent-comics-dc-comics-imprint-tt5479237.html

Because the event was editorially mandated. Creators don't have the kind if power you think they do.

That doesn't mean the creators didn't do cool shit with what they were dealt. Loved these as a kid, especially the Doom Patrol one.

>Creators don't have the kind if power you think they do.
Well, they do. Just not when DC (or Marvel, or pretty much anyone else) is paying their bills.

>The JLA is an organization out to destroy superheroes

Wh- huh?

>Bahtarang

Hahaha, oh, wow.
It's like another 'Just Imagine Stan Lee Creating The DC Universe'.

>Bahtwing
What kind of a smokeshow is this???

>The Gothamites
Damn it all.

She have no cooch?
RIP

they traded it

tangent comics vol1
tangent comics vol 2
tangent comics vol 3
countdown arena
supermans reign vol 1
superman's reign vol 2

Tsk.
Well, if nothing else, she does look very cool.
Other than that... What the fuck.

>WONDER WOMAN'S POWER IS THAT SHE CAN WONDER REAL HARD AT YOU AND MAKE YOU NO LONGER EXIST

You're a real genius, Petey. Excellent work.

Ultimately the biggest villains end up being Superman who basically just loses his shit and Powergirl who is his lover

Remember when new #1's with new interpretations of characters could coexist with 70 years of history and readers head's didn't explode? And they quietly died out if they didn't work instead of becoming the new status quo?

That's the most retarded and shitty thing I ever heard.

right?

storytime when?

Bump

That Descarte joke... I should not be laughing.

I can't stop laughing.

but in such a way that I can't hate it. I can't judge it. It simply is.

Bumping need to keep storytime alive

Bump.

I do. I liked these series.
It kinda felt like Watchmen thing.

And these shared cover design elements was cool.

This might help?