Jack killed everyone in the future when he killed Aku!

>Jack killed everyone in the future when he killed Aku!
Anyone else think the sheer volume of screeching about this is fucking idiotic? If he didn't kill Aku he would be killing everyone in the future where he did kill Aku. And if he decided to have a bowl of rice for dinner he would be killing everyone in the timeline where he did.

>b-but the people in the Aku future are real! Jack interacted with them! The people in those other futures aren't real!
The future Jack went to was one of infinite possible futures. The act of Jack going back in time at all would change the future and "genocide muh trillions of innocents," because any future going forward would be at least slightly different. In a world that has multiple time portals Jack cannot be the only person who has ever time traveled, and any time anyone traveled back in time it would alter the future. When Jack travels back in time the future he was in ceases to exist because it HAS NOT HAPPENED YET. If Jack alters the future in some way the people in an alternate timeline are not killed or even erased, because they never existed at all. Everything about the Aku future is no more real than a dream. The Scotsman, for instance, exists solely as a memory, neurons firing in Jack's brain, a memory of something that does not exist and never will exist.

Thinking that preserving the exact versions of the people that Jack met is more important than creating a future where Aku does not enslave the world is childish and idiotic.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0imv3K7owdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, fuck Sup Forums.
Also, I've noticed everybody who has a complaint about the ending (and don't get me wrong, it wasn't perfect), has their own fanfiction version of how they wanted it to play out.
I've never seen the same one posted twice, everyone's is slightly different and everyone has one.

What does this mean?
No matter how it ended Sup Forums would have bitched. Just be fucking happy we actually got an ending, holy shit.

Bitching about everything seems to be a pastime as old as the internet itself

>I've never seen the same one posted twice, everyone's is slightly different and everyone has one.
>What does this mean?
Opinions exist?
What kind of fucking deduction is this?

Where's the evidence the future was erased? Ashi is the only example we see, but she doesn't really count for obvious reasons. It's much more likely that many if not all of the characters still exist.

Did anyone complain at all about this before the last episode? I don't remember legions of people afraid Jack was going to destroy the future but after the finale Sup Forums is flooded with threads about Jack being worse than Aku.

I literally answered the question I framed in the same post. Learn to read.

I've seen it brought up once or twice but definitely not this much or with this negative a reaction.

>Where's the evidence the future was erased?
Well the girl from the future was erased, and she used her last breath to say that to jack in awful exposition rather than say "I Love You".
>Ashi doesn't count for obvious reasons
Wait. What? How the fuck does that work? What obvious reasons?

>Anyone else think the sheer volume of screeching about this is fucking idiotic?
Not really. People were expecting the show to address the consequences of altering the past to rewrite future, and they were hoping it would happen in a little better way than the way it did. Everyone saw the grandfather paradox coming, so it's a little disappointing the characters failed to see it or prepare for it at all; it just happened at the last minute out of the blue.

The future wasn't all bad, Jack had friends and allies in that time period too. The audience had attachment to them and would've liked to know what happened to them. It would've felt more satisfying if there had been some kind of goodbyes to that future, or a scene where Jack's allies agree that Aku's reign is so horrible that the past must be changed at any cost necessary, or an epilogue that shows the future cast living in a better future, or something, anything.

That there were a million possible ways to write an ending that gives closure to the future cast, but the show failed to do it?

vocaroo.com/i/s0imv3K7owdE

WHAT WAS THE SONG AT THE END?
Seriously, it was beautiful and I just wanna listen to it and cry without looking up some bootleg rip of the ending...

Thank you. Sup Forums isn't full of idiots after all

The sheer volume of the outrage about Jack getting back is a little baffling. That was the whole premise of the show ffs.

I think the mass appearance of all of Jack's buddies in the last episode might have caused all these autists to become horrified at the prospect of all that shit like dog-guy and jump-guy getting erased

That, or they had their own ending for SJ thought out before (a "split timeline" ending with jack and the future being two separate worlds free of aku) and are assblasted that genndy doesn't use their ideas in his story

Who the fuck are these people anyway?

>might have caused all these autists to become horrified at the prospect of all that shit like dog-guy and jump-guy getting erased

They died on screen. If anything now that Jack altered the past there's a chance they might not suffer such a horrible demise.

>people care about preestalished characters they grew up with
>autists, the lot of them
Fuck all the way off, I bet you were crying over that bitch Ashi too.

>You're an autist if you care about characters you grew up with

Kill yourself retard.

The only ones that could have survived were the scotsman's daughters.

If someone was about to travel back in time to kill Hitler as a child, would you be okay with that knowing it means your existence would be wiped out?

Yeah, that was why there were so many people wanting the ending to be him defeating Aku in the future and accepting that you can't go back and fix all of your mistakes but you can make things better in the here and now.

You know, something like a good life lesson in a kids show?

If baby hitler send said someone to the future, and if baby hitler was an immortal cosmic being capable of ruining the world almost beyond repair, and that someone told me their time was considerably more peaceful and safe, I'd take my chances. I don't know when a Leviathan is going to eat my city or a galactic criminal is going to show up at my door. Or worse, maybe one day Aku wakes up wanting to kill my family for a laugh.
>you can make things better in the here and now.

I think the final scene had a bit of that. You might loose someone really close to you, but in the end life goes on and the world still has some wonder left for you.

Not really. I've never really believed in heaven, and so whenever I think about death, I mainly get terrified at the idea of utter nothingness. The only consolation I can get when I think like that is at least I can enjoy life while I have it, but I can't imagine the horror of having your entire life wiped from having ever existed.

This is a pretty big motivator as to why I've been sperging all over Sup Forums how upset I am about Ashi's fate. It not only reminded me of the terror of it as a concept, but it occurred to one of my favorite characters in years

>time travel to prevent 9/11
>lot of people cease to exist.
>suddenly preventing 9/11 kills more people than the actual 9/11
>go back in time and cause 9/11
>become a hero
>but everyone hates you.

There are souls in the SJ universe. That lava guy went to Valhalla. Ashi is probably with the gods or some other better place.

The fact that there are souls/afterlife is why it upsets me so much. Jacks parents were shown in the original show to be watching him from the afterlife, proud of his efforts, but how can "you" go to the afterlife if you never existed.

Souls trascend time and space, most of the time.

Seems pretty autistic to me bruh

Everyone Jack helped was already dead to begin with due to Aku's black rain. The only survivors were the Scotman's daughters, so the complaint doesn't even make sense. Everyone was already fucked.

You can't go to heaven if you never existed.
That's because you're a retard.

I literally cannot grasp what all the "muh intro" and "it was the moral thing to do" fags fail to acknowledge. It's like people are willing to completely ignore the entirety of what was actually in the show cause some toilet philosophy.
1. The fucking main recurring theme of the entire show is that when Jack faces a dilemma of saving the past versus saving present/future, he will ALWAYS pick the latter. Even if saving the future at a given time literally means a few individuals he met a moment ago.
2. The second main theme is showing that Jack will and it fact should stay in the future. I mean, this final season had a fucking plot line dedicated entirely to showing that he is depressed from not being able to save the past, but comes to terms with it thanks to the good stuff that happened in the future.
3. Time travel is ok as a premise to set up a story about samurai wandering a dystopian future, but the moment you start actually employing it into the plot you fucked up. You fucked up badly with all the idiocy, plotholes and pretty much turning all the great episodes into "he was just dreaming" shitty cliche. It just doesn't make any sense from whichever pov you pick. Author's, fan's the show's itself.

t. Family guy

He saved people who were in his immediate surroundings, even when his main objective was still going back to the past. That was hardly the case in the finale.

Wait, they did that?

H

Yeah, he literally saw saving immediate surroundings as an obvious priority over what you call "his main objective". You don't have an argument.

Regardless of the death toll, we're still left with this situation where people argue what happened after Aku said "oh no". Did he fade out of existence after that line while the rest of the location stayed intact? Did the whole future fade out, including the survivors of the battle? Did everyone just awkwardly stand around wondering what happens now, until realizing this is a scenario with split time-lines, and Jack ditching them with the sword means that this world is stuck with an unbeatable Aku now? Ashi's fading implies that defeating Aku at the beginning changed the future and created a massive butterfly effect that most likely negated the lives of Jack's allies along with Aku, but it's still left so ambiguous that I have seen some anons argue otherwise.

The whole thing brings up some terrifying existentialist questions, and they're left unanswered. I really wish the show had addressed them in the same way it addressed Jack's guilt and despair at his continuing failure to beat Aku. Or maybe left out that whole part about Jack feeling suicidal, so that the first few episodes don't skew people's expectations of the latter half of the season.

>Everything about the Aku future is no more real than a dream. The Scotsman, for instance, exists solely as a memory, neurons firing in Jack's brain, a memory of something that does not exist and never will exist.
And this is supposed to make everyone feel better about the ending? Holy shit.

>>Everything about the Aku future is no more real than a dream. The Scotsman, for instance, exists solely as a memory, neurons firing in Jack's brain, a memory of something that does not exist and never will exist.
>And this is supposed to make everyone feel better about the ending? Holy shit.

It's even worse actually. There can be no memories of something that never existed. So bittersweet, muh closure.

The fact that she is DIRECTLY connected to Aku, unlike pretty much every other character in that future. How is this not obvious?

That's true and I agree, which is why I don't think Jack should have had the choice. Because speaking as a viewer, we have been made to care more about the future than anything else.

The entire future exists because of Aku. Arguably, many of the people in that future will never be born, or they'll be pretty different. They won't have any of their memories of Jack.

>unlike pretty much every other character in that future

Those people still exist in the FUTURE THAT IS AKU. It's literally in the theme song you dense fuck.By undoing the future all those characters cease to exist, especially since Aku has been ruling for thousands of years. If Aku is killed, the Future has been completely rewritten.

(OP)

OP is right, didn't ya'll learn time travel in Dragon Ball Z???

You're assuming a probability-based approach, which is NOT a safe assumption in that universe.

You're the only one making assumptions here.
The timeline is singular, as it was shown, since Aku reigns completely changed everything and made them the way things were, If that was undone everything in that future would be completely removed. The Future is NOT going to be the same since Aku is gone - period.

I don't understand why you people can't grasp this, it's like you bitch about fan-fiction but then make up your own to justify your "arguments", because you're apologist.

Why is that not a safe assumption? Ashi disappeared because Aku is dead so her mother never drank his bodygoop and never gave birth to her. Why wouldn't everything else Aku did to shape the future not be undone?

And you are assuming that Ashi doesn't get born from a different father. Considering she mostly took after her mother aside from the powers, it's a fair assumption that if other characters can be reborn by unbelievable coincidence, she could too.

If the show happened to go by Dragon Ball Z rules of time travel, that would mean the future would be left with no Jack, no sword, nearly all of the resistance dead, and Aku free to do whatever he wants.

>your dick falls off
Do you meant i can have Magical girl waifu that can turn me into another Magical girl clone of herself , so we can have sweet lesbian fuck for all eternity?

Unlike Ashi, the other characters' existence is NOT necessarily affected by Aku's disappearance. This is especially obvious if you consider how many of them seemed to live in faraway lands seemingly untouched by Aku.
If "Ashi" is "born from a different father", THAT IS NO LONGER ASHI! What the fuck, user!?

I am not sure why you are adamantly defending the unbelievable ridiculous coincidence of the same people being born in what is essentially a completely different world, but refuse to include the idea that Ashi could come from a different father.

>but refuse to include the idea that Ashi could come from a different father.
Because unlike everyone else Ashi was made from Aku whereas everyone else was a product of normal people.
Are you beginning to understand?

Unless Aku can manifest himself again there's no chance of Ashi being reborn.
Everyone else born of normal people don't have to worry because they aren't half Aku.

>refuse to include the idea that Ashi could come from a different father.
Because it's impossible BY DEFINITION. It's a different person then. Not the case for others.

It's pretty patethic because:

>this kind of time travel to prevent horrible futures happen ALL THE TIME in Sup Forums media, and the only difference is that you knew the name of the characters in the future.

>By this logic, Flash shouldn't have undone Flashpoint, Numbuh 4 shouldn't have saved the world, Power Puff girls should have let Him take over the world and so on.

It also ignores the fact that Jack objectively created a BETTER world.

Hell, Genndy ignored Butterfly Effect before on other works, and I don't see the doomfags ever adressing it.

Obviously don't speak for everyone, but ashi not disappearing immediately was the issue.

Right after the battle made sense, but the wedding implies time passed for a while

>When Jack travels back in time the future he was in ceases to exist because it HAS NOT HAPPENED YET

Do you even think about what you write?

>The future Jack went to was one of infinite possible futures.

No.

They're not dealing in multi-verse theory. I know this is hard to grasp because sci-fi has been masturbating over multi-verse theory based time travel for so long, but this is good ol' fashioned sliding back and forth along one timeline kinda shit.

There aren't multiple probability based universes stretching into infinity. This was never stated in the show. There is one timeline. Jack traveled along it, forward in it from a specific point, then slid back. Thats it.

It's just Back to the Future style time travel.

In a lot of other media where the story is about preventing a horrible future, changing the timeline shows immediate results on how the characters end up in a much better place than where they would've been in the bad future. Since the characters get replaced with happier versions of themselves, losing their alternate counterparts doesn't seem that bad.

Most of the Samurai Jack characters we knew lived in the bad future, and very long after Jack's original era. The show left it unknown whether they had good future counterparts, how they would've turned out, or if the butterfly effect would've wiped out their existence. Still, even erasing them out of existence would've been acceptable if we had ever seen the side characters addressing that risk but accepting to take it.

I love time-travel and stories where characters try to fix fucked-up timelines. But I feel like these themes have been done much better in a lot of other works.

Seriously. People are just now flipping out at the fucking premise of the show.

this is the most autistic thing ive ever read

i thought the premise was to defeat aku, and going back to the past was never supposed to really happen

this is corroborated by the fact that jack turns down portals all the time if people are suffering or there is hope. there was still suffering, still hope in the future, so it doesnt make sense.

Why pointing out that other shows, comics did the same thing is autistic?

It was done this way for irony, I don't see why many guys here completely spazz out over this.

>Ashi and Jack destroy Aku
>everything is fine and dandy for a bit and Jack/Ashi are getting married
>then the Langolier's came to ""correct"" history

because other shows and comics are not Samurai Jack?

When did Numbuh 4 show up in Samurai Jack?

Also it's not the same thing at all.

>What does this mean?
It means that literally anyone could come up with an ending better than ripping off Gurren Lagaan.

>ywn see a cartoon version of The Langoliers

People brought it up every now and then but was immediately shot down as something Genndy wouldn't be dumb enough to do.

nobody could imagine how shitty the ending was going to be

nobody

>threads complaining about the show
>threads complaining about the ending
>threads complaining about Ashi or Jashi
>threads complaining about how Jack is suddenly a villain
>threads complaining about complaining
>threads defending the complaining
>threads complaining about the quantity of threads
>threads complaining about Genndy's career
>threads complaining about the Guardian
>threads complaining about King Jack not happening
>threads nitpicking about fucking cartoons

Every side is fucking shit.

Honestly the existence and development of Ashi, the destruction of all the time portals, the constant nostalgia bait of "remember all these cool characters Jack interacted with", and a lot Jack's growth over the course of this season had me thinking they were building up to a "Jack buries his ghosts, never goes back, but finds happiness in the future" ending.
Which would ALSO be bittersweet.
On the other hand >Muh song lyrics!
is a good enough reason to ignore all that and swallow some incredibly derivative shit.

Why does Sup Forums hate people who post from phones?

What if i want to browse Sup Forums, but can't get to my pc?

well thats what happens when the fans care more about the show than the people working on it and the show inevitably goes to shit 4 episodes in

well as long as you feel like you're superior

It's definitely the case for the Monkey Man. He was taken in by his ape tribe after Aku's robots took over his village.

So he wouldn't be the same character either.

>>By this logic, Flash shouldn't have undone Flashpoint,
Are you serious? The last two seasons of Flash has been nonstop
>Barry stop fucking with the time stream ffs

Arguably the entire series has been almost nothing but that.

What happens to the Jack who still got sent to the future? Does he end up in a future without Aku and remains confused for the rest of his life since the time travel won't age him or does some paradox shit happen?

>Now, the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku.
>Gotta get back, back to the past

That's pure headcanon.

I guess technically so is just about everything that happened in the show

>because other shows and comics are not Samurai Jack?

Seriously?
Is it so hard for you to understand the fact that to make a comparison you need to compare one thing with ANOTHER thing? The point is the similarity.

You still don't understand. There's a chance, albeit perhaps a vanishingly small one, that that robot attack still happens for some different reason. There is NO such chance for Ashi - the Ashi in the show CANNOT EXIST now, period.

It was the same Jack.

You know OP I think that the show shouldn't have ended there, Jack would probably try to save the people from the future (and his love) too.

Something like this:

>Everything the same, but good i.e not rushed.
>Roll credits.
>Post credits scene.
>Jack steps foward in a dark place.
>There's a big light coming from the roof and a big blue man in a suit, wearing red glasse standing in front of the light.
>Jack stares from under his hat.
>"So, mah man... you plan to use this portal to bring back you lil' friends from the future huh? Or was it YOUR past? Hah! Not gonna happen."
>Jack keep staring his eyes are visible now.
>"You see mah man... there's only one man who will use this portal"
>(Portal shows King Jack)
>"And you mah man... Ain't. That. Man."
>Jack draws his sword.
>"If that's the only man who will earn your blessing to use this portal fear not... I'm not here asking for permission."
>Guardian Laughs "HAH! HAH! HAH!" then draws a big katana from his back"
>They charge at each other and start fighting.
>Jack uses his horse cut technique while we hear his toughts "Ashi I'm coming"
>From the sparks of the blades there's a fadeway to a white place (the limbo maybe?) where we see Ashi floating in nothingness.
>Close to the her face while the screen go black.
>we hear ashi "I'm waiting"

>WACHA!

I pick E and erase Sup Forums.

Nice Fanfiction but since there are NO robots because there is NO Aku.

You fucking retard.

Because phone posting = dynamic IP posting meaning bans don't work. Phone posters are more likely to shitpost.

So what you're saying is that he didn't disregard the lives of the people around him, until he disregarded them at the end? Remember when he saved those monks instead of going into the past? Why do that if you're going to erase them anyway?
Fucking this.

>tfw no dicc anyway
Time to smash that fucking F button

>#notallphoneposters
>#phonephobia
Then you BROWSE Sup Forums and just don't post, princess.

Isn't this more about how it was rushed rather than implications of time travel shenanigans of past/future people?

I doubt it would be half as jarring if things panned out over a few more episodes, even if it amounts to the exact same ending as we got now.

Why is people considered that Jack had "killed" everyone in the future, by travelling back to the past to finish Aku. You can't kill people who doesn't exist in the past.

>that was why there were so many people wanting the ending to be him defeating Aku in the future and accepting that you can't go back and fix all of your mistakes

being thrown into the future was a mistake? What?

Aku destroyed the timeline by throwing jack into the future. Jack was undoing Aku's mistake.

But they existed. That world existed, and jack interacted with it. It's gone now because of jack's actions

>Why do that if you're going to erase them anyway?

Because (and this is what sinks your entire view of this) non existence is not equivalent to death. People keep saying "erased" like the people painfully disintegrated, but time just happened differently.

A painful, brutal death at the hands of monsters isn't something that deserves to happen to a good person. Getting """erased""" isn't something that really "happens" at all, time just plays out differently.

It's a shitty kid's show and had a shitty ending
Grow up and stop obsessing over it

These people clearly don't understand what a samurai actually is.

The second jack was flung forward, he had lost. His parents were dead, as was his world. There were new people with their own ambitions.

Those people weren't mistakes, but jack undo-ed them.

His mistake was standing still like a gimp while aku monologued and then made a magic portal that very slowly moved towards him rather than just stabbing him.