he is everything and nothing
he is the alpha and omega
the yin and yang
find out more at www.tm.org

geniack

a hacky genius

CUTE or hack?

hacknius

Little bit of both. He's got undeniable talent but at the same time I can't imagine how he gets his head out of his ass at all with how far up it must be.

IDK, I used to think that but then I watched some interviews with him. He doesn't seem pretentious at all, if anything you'd think he made normal movies.

moments of genius, original. Also his use of sound is amazing.

>doesn't seem pretentious at all
>refuses to answer any question about his works because even he doesn't know what it's about.

The Straight Story is a textbook normal movie

A movie doesn't have to be about anything as long as it can conjure an emotional response.

Definitely an interesting character. I just don't think his style is in my taste. His movie-making style is basically a stream of consciousness process, which I dislike. I prefer it when a movie has a lot of thought put into it's characters and the plot.

Definition of kino

LYNCH?

Neither. He's an artist.

Need to see pusy to decide

Quinoa

Post this shit again and ill dox you so I can rape you and your family

They're so different it might as well be coincidental.

Based

Eraserhead is a waste of time, but the original Twin Peaks was mostly very good through the first season and a third, with the final few episodes regaining that quality. Need to watch/rewatch other Lynch output.

Only Inland Empire really. Movies like Mulholland Drive and Eraserhead were meticulously crafted with an autistic obsession bordering on Kubrick

This + Elephant Man. The guy knows how to move people. I don't know why anybody would consider him a hack.

Lynch is an adherent of Transcendental Meditation (TM) -a spiritual discipline and movement founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, best-known in the West for his association with the Beatles. Lynch has been an enthusiastic proselytiser for TM, insisting on its profound benefits not only for its practitioners, but for the world generally.

This is a such a fucking stretch

>that video where he gets some kraut to talk to german film students about transcedental meditation and he ends up defending Hitler on stage while everyone is yelling at him in German and Lynch is just sitting there completely confused
kino

New Twin Peaks too

Lynch acceptance speech
youtube.com/watch?v=LSGxuzIPyzA

he's both. early career is full of some really significant milestone films plus Twin Peaks. then he get's decadent and excessive and his films begin to suffer. still waiting for a new film that isn't Inland Empire.