Is new Ms Marvel any good ?

I'm considering buying the first couple of issues is it any good or is it just sjw propaganda

It's good just keep away from tie ins to crossovers.

It's actually good, but only when Wilson's writing it without any event comics fucking it up.

it's not very good at all
mediocre teenage superhero comic honestly at most with cute art for some issues

>Its good
Someone post that page where the Muslim girl talks about immigrants being held at a higher standing of education, while white kids coast on by sniffing glue.

Wilson is a shitty writer, her X-Men was pretty terribland
don't know why no one has the balls to call her out

These.

It's very good, if you like teen heroes it's got all the classic elements.

If you're the kind of person who unironically uses phrases like "sjw propaganda" you'll probably get triggered by absolutely anything so you should be careful.

Cool nice to know

I just want to make sure she's an interesting character that's not just Muslim for diversity sake

You can be a muslim for diversity's sake, and still be interesting

you know, in theory

>If you're the kind of person who unironically uses phrases like "sjw propaganda"
As opposed to the kind of person who uses the word "unironically"...

It's just sjw propaganda made by white apologists that gave her a forced muslim background.

Kamala is for lewdz

Yeah it's alright but its made for teens so if you're older it might be kinda boring. Its not super sjw but it has moments but over all still a good story and not pandering imo

Sounds alright thanks for the info

It's one of the few good things to come out of the SJW era of Marvel.

Just stay away from her appearances in other comics and any tie-in issues for events.

Keep you eyes open all over the panels, the artist that the series began with loved throwing in just random cartoony off the wall fun stuff to look for. The story time threads back in the day with anons pointing stuff out were lots of fun.

It was one of the first Marvel books to dip it's toe in SJW, and so they don't whack you over the head with it. It's pretty good if you like a bit of goofy. There's a little preach here and there when I read it. In the end I gave it up right before Civil War II as I just wasn't getting a lot out of it.

My favorite.

if you even think the words 'sjw propaganda' in your day to day life you're not gonna like kamala

Kek. That's a good one

I like her big powers.

>Marvel

No.

Truly an epic meme bro

Op here I've brought the first few volumes look forward to reading

The editors and executives okayed her to fill the diversity quota but she's a passion project by the writer/editor, so she comes out pretty good.

the one labeled "Cival War II" is fucking ruined by crossovers and I haven't read the rest to tell you if it recovers.

Underrated post.

*explodes stadium*

No, it's very lackluster. All the villains are basically Hello Fellow Kids or a political thing. The lesbian arc really wasn't entertaining and didn't have any good conflict arise from it so it just took up space. Wilson really isn't good at writing someone from Pakistan or is first generation from Pakistan. She's marginally ok at writing a Muslim, but never brings up the assholes in th religion. I say this as a guy who hangs out in Dearborn which was the largest community of Middle Easterners and Muslims until the current crisis.

Lesbian arc ?

It's weird, but if I was a teen with superpowers, I'd mostly be targeting refugees and Muslims. Like, you have to go where the crime is, you know?

If you're that butthurt about sjw propaganda then you're not smart enough to enjoy something well written like Ms. Marvel.

She's basically what leftists imagine Muslims to be. They're effectively hipster Muslims. I live in Singapore, and my neighbor never lets his daughters leave the house without a full-body covering.

>keep away from crossovers

That's good advice for any series

>is it any good or is it just sjw propaganda
Both.
Yes it's good, it's even great, but it does have an SJW agenda even if it isn't shoved in your face.

It's neither good nor SJW propaganda.

>brings up the assholes in th religion

Her brother uses his faith to act like a cunt

I'm surprised he hasn't beheaded his sister yet. (But seriously, is he's that strong in his beliefs, he'd have very particular ideas about the role of women in the household, too.)

He's hardly a cunt. Just a bit of a dick. He's using conservatism as a form of youth in rebellion. Basically what the author has been doing since post-9/11.

Basic bitch white girl is just jealous for reasons. Turns out shes in lesbians with Kamala's more conservative friend. Muslim chick isn't a lesbian and basically just says I ain't gay, but we are still besties. Ignores hot touching and all the other gay shit that Islam allows. The series is mostly for waifu fags because the writer is really shitty when it's not mundane shit is brought to super science.

You're thinking Europe. In the US most crime is committed by blacks and Hispanics.

Most of the Hispanics that do are also 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants. The only first gen ones that do are usually young men who already have ties to gangs or drugs.

But this is the truth

V1 is legit good

V2 is mediocre-to-bad

you can disagree with a writer about his politics and assessment of facts and still appreciate a good story is being told (when it is). this why i can read moore and enjoy it

>sjw propaganda
Its called Marxism, fyi.

>One page of characters telling what they believe to be true make a comic bad.

How is this any different than how SJWs think?

its not

al people who read stories for politics and not for stories themselves are like that, no matter their political leaning

I think he's supposed ot be the kind of guy that picks and chooses in a way to benefit him. He's not gonna hurt his sister but he's going to refuse to get a job or use banks. Marry a devote women to be weaker than him.

It's so tiring find comic reviewers that aren't SJWs but they're this guy and flip out of the smallest things. There's some dumbshit coming out of comic writers that think they can promote social justice heavy handedly but not every SJW idea is a poorly executed one.

As much hate as Faith gets for the Hillary Clinton short, the comic itself isn't bad. I don't know why they brought in a different writer to do that stupid thing. It ruined any chance of talking about the comic itself.

Marvel characters aren't characters anymore. They're mouthpieces for Marvel writers to signal their virtues to the liberal public. It would be like if Bill Nye decided to write for Marvel. It's the same shit.

not really.

I'm curious OP. Why do you need to ask when you could just read the fucking thing?

Don't want to buy it if it's not any good

read it pirate tardo

It's very trivial to read comics online for free.

I was going to buy the first couple of volumes but I wanted some opinions on it first.

youve been given plenty of opinions

V1 is good unless a writer portraying american muslims in a positive light triggers you. it tells a good story

V2 is muddied by event shit and there is little char development, other than ms marvel rejecting her role model due to CW2

>not every SJW idea is a poorly executed one.
Yes it is.
If it weren't, it wouldn't be SJW shit.

Even if we completely ignore full issue piracy, and Sup Forums storytimes, there's enough pages of the first few issues, as well as enough libraries and bookstores out there that will show you at least an issue or two. Did none of this occur to you?

It's fine. Largely stays in the vein of a kid being a superhero because she wants to do good and fighting crime around her hometown with other types of adventures thrown in. Contrary to what retards say, her being muslim isn't a huge part of the comic and is treated largely as a background element. If she was Catholic instead nobody would bat an eye.

Faisa > kamala

>I live in Singapore!
>so I'm an authority on American girls who are children of Pakistani immigrants!

How shitty is the school system in Singapore, bro? Cause you sound pretty dumb

He means, "Pakishits are even worse than Singapore Muslims, and this is a completely unrealistic depiction of a Muslim immigrant family. Instead, it's some libshit imagining of what Pakis are like, despite never dealing with them."

I don't understand what an autistic Sup Forums poster living in Singapore could possibly know about American teenagers living in New Jersey though.

He's acting as if he's an expert, but he's probably never left his basement.

They're Muslims, and Pakistani no less.
A Paki Muslim family acting in the way depicted like Kamala's is less believable than her having super powers.
A Paki Muslim family moving somewhere else doesn't make them stop acting like a Paki Muslim family.
See: Muslims everywhere.

The more you spam this garbage, the dumber you look, Singapore user. Or are you a Sup Forums user? It's hard to tell, you're both pretty dumb.

Neither.
Its kind of adorable how you don't realize how despised Pakis are in the entire western world, though.

Yep, a Sup Forums user. I was leaning towards that.

pure sjw propaganda
read european comics instead if you have to read something.
not only is the art better but they actually tell unique stories instead of repeating every single thing from the 70s 80s and 90s with a new retarded spin

Muslims are pure trash regardless of the country.
every where the go they only add terrorism, violence and rape. regardless if it´s europe, america, asia or the middle east. they are always the once that rape women and blow up children for their warmongering, camel piss drinking, pedophile prophet

i can just tell that you are some out of touch liberal who lives in a nice mostly white community without any mulism or immigrants, that has never met a muslim in his life and only has to interact with rich non whites that went to university with him

Yes, but even though all Muslims are horrible, some are more horrible than others.
I think Pakis might be the worst. I would say Saudis, but as immigrants, they're usually rich enough to buy all the whores they want, unlike Pakis, who just form child prostitution rings.

None of that is true tho.

I don't know about her main book but in Secret Warriors she literally says ''STOP MANSPREADING ME!'' She's also a violent preachy cunt in Champions.

He could be Muslim himself. Sup Forums has an infection of the vermin.

especially Sup Forums they have pro assad generals, daily. Which is ironic that they're all championing pro-white things while being full of brown and black/yellow.

Of course.

As you already know from how much you go there, Sup Forums is the board of peace.

>"STOP MANSPREADING ME!"

What does that even mean?

How can they be board of peace if they hate everyone? Or is this some kind of double irony thing. 'Post' irony

A man tried to spread her buns, obviously.

Why are you such a bigoted Sup Forumsophobe? You can't judge a whole board just because some of them are radicalized.

All immigrants both documented and undocumented commit less crime then native citizens. That is a fact. Look it up.

Sup Forums was far more racist in its day and that was when there was far less waves of newfags. Sup Forums is just a breeding ground for contrarian redditors. Stormfags, and brown people acting like they're white.

newgrounds was a mistake.

Race is a social construct user, just like Sup Forums boards. Please don't be bigoted against transracial or transboardial individuals.

Its adorable that someone told you that, and you believed them when there is ample evidence that the truth is otherwise.

Refuges today, terrorists tomorrow. Like the dude who blew himself up in Manchester. His parents were Libyan refugees.

Her being Muslim is actually important to her character. It's not tacked on, and isn't JUST there to make Marvel look progressive.

Kamala likes being Muslim, but she struggles a few times with the rules. And she struggles with her strict parents, and being a sheltered teen. It all makes her feel more like a real teenager.

Just stay away from the one filler issue where Kamala encourages people to vote. That one was cringey and awkward.

Fuck off Jontron.

It's not a direct quote. That's what it means.

They always have been you idiot.

>but not every SJW idea is a poorly executed one.
>I dont know what sjw means
SJW ≠ actual civil rights discussion. Someone saying "hey black people aren't subhuman" isnt automatically SJW. SJW by definition is flawed.

That's what I meant, but I didn't want to write an essay to navigate around terminology.

I find it amazing that anyone can refute that when we consider the person in charge of the presidency right now.