Leave the DCEU to me

leave the DCEU to me

>tfw Whedon will make Superman smile and save people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KXy8S6EkfJ0
youtube.com/watch?v=tMZz9rPQy-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Isn't the movie mostly finished now?

I didn't like his last movie, so I don't have high expectations for his next one.

> and save people

Yes, Op is a retard fuck that can't read.
All the scenes Joss is filming are things Snyder intended to add himself so you aren't getting anything Snyder didn't approve of.

yes but Sup Forums is retarded and thinks the whole movie will be scrapped and replaced with Whedon vision.

Even based George Miller thinks a happy, joy-bringing Supes is absurd. Think about that.

>Whedon adds a scene of Superman saving a suicidal girl

and then Superman will look into the camera and give a knowing wink and say "more like Super-WOMAN am I right ladies?"

I love this image macros, because it's clear the Snyder fanboys think if you can somehow counter any exaggeration on the part of people who don't like it it'll somehow make them like the movie.

>SEE LOOK HE TECHNICALLY SAVED ALL THESE PEOPLE THE PRESENTATION IS IRRELEVANT

It's like the opposite of CinemaSins but just as autistic.

>Even based George Miller thinks a happy, joy-bringing Supes is absurd. Think about that.

That's right you can either have a nonsensical depressing Superman or Christopher Reeve. There has never been a character in all of fictional history that has been a balanced combination of serious and humour, it's actually impossible to write that in fiction without the paper it's been written on spontaneously bursting into flame.

>implying it won't be

the hero we need.

the film is finished and nobody is going to scrap all that work just because Whedon is on board.

>if JL is a success it's only because Whedon managed to fix all Snyder's mess and created a good movie
>if JL fails it's only because it was too late to even try fixing it as Snyder already fucked it up beyond any save point
In any case snyderfags are going to suck another one.

Deal with it, tumblr.

>if JL is a success it's only because Whedon managed to fix all Snyder's mess and created a good movie
And marvelfags will be butthurt.
>if JL fails it's only because it was too late to even try fixing it as Snyder already fucked it up beyond any save point
Marvelfags are butthurt.

>If JL is a success it's because Whedon barely touched anything and it was already finished
>if JL fails it's only because Whedon fucked everything up and destroyed what was going to be 10/10 capekino
It's going to go both ways and you know it

Sounds pretty lack-of-oscar of you, man. You ok?

Their was nothing wrong with the presentation.
They showed him struggling, striving & enduring hardship to save countless people.
It not coming easy for him is factually not a flawed presentation, exactly the opposite it makes him relatable & human.
A character who the writer bends reality to make things go well for is called a Mary sue & is universally agreed to be cancer.

it would only confirm that the Mighty Marvel Method is the way to go for successful capekino.

I don't care if they like the movie, I care that they stop fucking lying about what transpired in it to make it seem worse then it is.

>They showed him struggling, striving & enduring hardship to save countless people.

The majority of which is relegated to a montage or is implied to have happened between MoS and BvS. Even the scenes of him saving people have this bizarre dark element to them because Snyder cna never let the tone of his movies change for even a second.

It reminds me of the first season of the Leftovers where the sum totality of every single character in the show was "Be as depressed and angry as humanly possible." You can argue the realism, that doesn't make it a compelling narrative.

>I care that they stop fucking lying about what transpired in it to make it seem worse then it is.

It doesn't matter if the movie has Superman saving people it it somehow presents that as dark and depressing or dripping in unearned symbolism.

You don't get brownie points for having an idea if you can't execute it. In the same way a black comedy can take things that are technically dark and depressing and wring comedy out of them through presentation and performance, Snyder dumped BvS is darkness to the point that it suffocated any light that could come out of it.

Joss has gone full blown SJW and he'll probably try to add all kinds of cringe stuff to the Justice League. Prepare for Superman to take cheap shots at a Trump like character and The Flash to have a plucky transgendered friend with a message.

>smiling
check
>saving people
check
>feeling uncomfortable since cant relate to common man with them worshipping him as a god or fearing him as a devil alien because the movie takes place ina realistic world instead of one where you look up from your coffee to see Superman fighting Lex Luthor's robots for the 3rd time this week and he gives you a big smile before you cheer as he flies away and go back to drinking coffee
check

No there is nothing dark about the Montage saving sequence it's pondering & insightfully honest about how humanity would react to his existing.

> It doesn't matter if the movie has Superman saving people it it somehow presents that as dark and depressing
Yes it fucking does.
His actions are heroic, PERIOD.
Him suffering consequences of doing heroic things & humanity not really deserving of such care does not diminish the heroism of the actions.

God I hope so

youtu.be/KXy8S6EkfJ0

"I'm Batman."

"Yeah, we kind of figured that out by the bat costume....and the creepy voice."

"I'm Wonder Woman."

"And you are a wonder..."

"And a kicker of your tiny balls, you beta cuck."

I feel he is a changed man.

The only way I want Whedon near Superman if Mxyzptlk is the villain.
It's the only kind of villain he can write.

there's nothing heroic about depressing your IRL audience

>Marvel Method
>let the talented people do all the job and take the credit and the money
No thanks.

>depressing your sissy audience
FTFY

wow
what a fucking moron

> tumblr

Kek

good, DC already made fun of BvS with the whole happy martha's day.

>Dressed like a bat...I can dig it.
Oh wait that one's real, isn't it.

Nah, we want GOOD movies,no matter the company. If the DCEU finally manage to make one, by not being anything like Snyder's vision, better for us, better for the world, better for these characters.

Then you get scenes like the courthouse where Lex kills hundreds of people in front of him. Superman should have the reaction of "Why did that maniac do this, what reason? Oh, this is going to take every moral fiber I have not to just lightspeed over to his house and snap every bone in his body."

Caville gives us the following reaction:
youtube.com/watch?v=tMZz9rPQy-k

And not once did Supes ever do it with a smile or show an ounce of enjoyment. Every time he saves some one, he has that look of, "Fuck. This again? Greeeeat."

I know the movie is basically finished, but I would have rather gotten a quipmaster Supes than the dour, insipid Supes we have.

>saves people on capsized ship
user, did you look at the ship? it's on its side. it's likely it didn't have people in it and he was just moving it. probably an oil tanker that's messing up the environment.

this

most of these complains about Superman being a unhappy brood asshole are cheerypicked, exaggerated, and not true

>most of these complains about Superman being a unhappy brood asshole are cheerypicked

Ironically, so are all of the instances of him appearing happy to save someone. The instances of him looking dour and depressed far outweigh the number of scenes showing any level of enjoyment.

Cept every interaction with Batman and at no point does he defuse the situation in a sensible manner and then we getl that Damned Martha.

Hearing would have been a great moment for a Truth and Justice speech in which he turns the crowd.

Instead we get him looking horribly detached as he stands in the remans of about a hundred people.

user, actions speak louder than words. And clearly, there's no greater way to leave your mark on the world than to kill yourself. Jonathan exemplified this. Clark exemplified this. That's the lesson Snyder wanted people to learn.

>Clark exemplified this.
Except he isn't dead. Did you miss the tease at the end?

nah he smiled. Then everyone started acting creepy.

Be isn't dead, but he did die.

So no, you didn't see the tease at the end, when the coffin shakes. Got it.

Oil tankers have a crew.

Even if they had evacuated, saving millions of living organisms from death is a noble pursuit

being in a comatose state of near death is basically as close as it gets to death for superman so he's dead

The coffin doesn't really shake. Dirt just floats over it.

And also are you in the habit of putting living things in coffins? Because that's not good man.

...then how did he move the coffin? How fucking slow are you? You literally see that he is neither dead, nor in a coma at the end of the movie. Fuck user. Open your eyes and pay attention to the movie.

>And also are you in the habit of putting living things in coffins?
No. But apparently Snyder is.

He should learn in how to be a likable protagonist first.

Joss Wheaton can't write for shit. Take a look at Angel, Buffy, that Terminator show, Aliens 4, and Avengers 2. He constantly and without fail undermines potentially good ideas with his hamfisted take on "humanity" and the human condition. The only time it's ever done him favors is in "Firefly", and that ship has long since sailed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Snyder is gone, but Wheaton is hardly an improvement. We're going to get a clusterfuck of a JL movie and then he'll probably be picking Superman back up.

>TFW The movie will still suck, and all of the DCfanboys will use this as an excuse to call Whedon a hack, even though he is only going to be writing 2 or 3 scenes which won't help save this.

I feel for Snyder, i do. Suicide in the family is a shitter, but seriously, the guy has only directed one thing that can be considered truly great and that was the Dawn of the Dead remake. Everything else has been "Alright" at best and "A skidmark on the underpants of the movie industry" at worst.

>Guy can't write for shit
>Proceeds to name a bunch of things that are universally considered to be well written
>Only bad one is one of his very first film script attempts

7.8/10 too much salt.

>Take a look at Angel, Buffy
I quite enjoy those shows and continue to read the comics he is writing/overseeing to date.

>that Terminator show
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles? Yeah, Joss had literally nothing to do with that.

>Aliens 4
Have you read the script he wrote? It was drastically different from the final movie. Went through a ton of rewrites before finally getting filmed. His original script was pretty great and pretty far removed from the actual movie.

>Avengers 2
Its like you don't understand what studio meddling is.

No. Good at best, a total bastardisation at worst.
Don't try to defend Terminator, that show was crap. Started interesting, but as soon as Derek came in, it went downhill.

>universally considered
Billions of flies can't be wrong.
>nostalgiafagging retards praise a couple of shitty shows, they must be good

You've never actually seen any of those shows, have you? It doesn't help that you've lumped things that Joss didn't even have anything to do with into your bullshit post.

>Billions of flies can't be wrong.
True, plenty of epople don't like Age of Ultron, when it's actually better and well constructed than Civil War.

You could have made this insult flow a lot better if you weren't a stupid ESL.

>y-you just never saw them
Kill yourself, whedonfag. Buffy was absolutely abysmal schlock for retards like you and Angel was only somewhat good because Whedon had minimum influence.
Oh, and since you're pretty much retarded, I'm not the same user.

They're both mediocre at best.

>Gets called out
>Quick, hurl some generic insults! That'll totally show that I've actually seen the things I'm bitching about!

>literally crying "y-you can't disagree with my opinion, you just never saw my amazing shows waaah"
>calling someone out
Lel. This is the intelligence of someone capable of enjoying junk like Buffy

See: Also:
>Buffy is routinely on "best tv shows ever made" lists for a reason
>No, all those fuckers are plebs. MY immaculate taste is better than nearly everyone else!

Try not to tip that fedora too hard, user, you might hurt yourself.

Yes, a post of a dumb whedondrone who can say nothing beyond "I luv it" sure proves me wrong. Oh wow.

For the billionth time. The "reason" is because it was somewhat innovative at the time and that's enough for nostalgiafags to praise it to hell and back just like X-Files, another shitty show.

But go on with your "it's popular, so it's inherently good" bullshit.

>le fedora meme
You're pathetic.

It proves that you have no idea what you're talking about. Especially regarding Alien: Resurrection or Terminator (why did you even bring that up? Joss wasn't tied to that in any way).

People are complaining but I really think Whedon's gonna do a lot to save the DCEU. Not that it matters with JL since that movie is basically done already though.

Except I'm not talking about any of that garbage, you complete and utter brainlet. Since you can't read small letters because of your ADHD - THAT WASN'T ME.
All I said is that Buffy is garbage and just because it's "universally praised" doesn't mean it's a good show on its own since it fails the test of time miserably. I even praised Angel, although the worst parts of it were still Whedon's influences though to a much lesser and actually watchable degree

>since it fails the test of time miserably

Except, you know, it doesn't. I have rewatched that show several times since it originally aired and it still stands up today.

inb4
>Look at this Whedonfag
>What a shill!

Do not want.

The first fucking thing you see adult Clark do in Man of Steel is rescue workers from the collapsing oil rig. When will this meme end?

>and it still stands up today.
I'm sorry for your abysmal taste.

Please, enlighten me oh wise Keeper Of All Immaculate Taste, what is a quality show in your benevolent eyes?

>this cherrypicked scene completely justifies his complete disregard for lives in the rest of the movie!
Nice try.

Your post is missing something.
You know, if you add some smug self-congratulatory line and a shitty joke, you'd make your post read like a line from some of Whedon's scripts.

Glad to know I'm a decent writer then.

But all Whedon did for Marvel is make mediocre movies that were only big because the other movies made the first one into something interesting.

Yes, you have low standards. We already established that.
Par for the course for Whedon

>Yes, you have low standards. We already established that.

So what are "good" standards? Please, spread your wisdom and show us to the path of high quality media, glorious fedora-user.

I believe your only way is to kill yourself.
No go spam some more stale memes.

>I'll bitch about other people's taste
>But I can't possible handle anyone criticizing MY taste

kek

You're not criticizing anything. You're whining because someone doesn't think Whedon is a god and resorting to argumentum ad populum.
By the way, I'm 100 percent sincere when I say you should kill yourself. Just do it.

>By the way, I'm 100 percent sincere when I say you should kill yourself. Just do it.

Get a load of this Coldsteel mother fucker right here.

Nah we're gonna end up with an ant-man situation.
DCEU fags will say that anything bad was due to Whedon and anything good was BASED SNYDER and everyone else will do the opposite.

But Wright's Ant-man would've been absolute fucking shit.

>implying Wright can do anything wrong

>The World's End
Baby Driver looks like it'll be great though.

I haven't seen it yet. What was so bad about it?

>Shitting on The World's End
Sure it wasn't as good as Hot Fuzz, that's a masterpiece, but it was still a solid movie.

>news of drastic reshoots right before whedon is announced

sure

>their "drastic" because I said so.
retard.

Like I needed another reason not to see this.