Lord of the Rings reboot

Today is J. R. R. Tolkien's birthday, and Amazon has the rights to LotR, but they do not have the rights to The Silmarillion, so their hands are tied. They've chosen to redo the original LotR in a series fashion. It will be grittier, kind of similar to GoT in the action sequences. Here are the changes they're making:

>hobbits
Hobbits are a diverse group of beings that will represent every ethnicity. Merry will be a woman.
>humans
Rohan and Gondor will consist of PoC. Rohan will consist of latinx, while Gondor will be black. They will be queendoms instead of kingdoms (Denethor will still be a man). The men of the South will remain European. Aragorn will be a woman. Gríma will take a role similar to an Uncle Tom.
>elves
The elves will be all female; the explanation for the lack of male elves will be similar to the explanation for the lack of entwives given in The Two Towers. The elves of Lothlórien will be Native American, the elves of Rivendell will be East Asian, and elves of Mirkwood (like Legolas) will be Middle Eastern.
>dwarves
Dwarves are largely unchanged although they will be more diverse (like the Hobbits), Gimli will be a bit more clumsy and ditsy.
>ents
Largely unchanged although there will be more environmental themes in their arc.
>Istari (wizards)
Gandalf will be black and Saruman will remain white.
>orcs, goblins, etc.
The evil minions will be primarily gray and tan; some will be a very dull pink.
>Nazgûl
Largely unchanged. There will be remarks that the downfall of the Kings that became them were part of the reason the countries of humans have Queens instead now.
>Sauron and Gollum
Unchanged.

(cont.)
>relationships between characters
The relationship between Frodo and Sam will progress from a familial, brotherly love to a romantic love. The relationship between Aragorn and Arwen will be lesbian since Aragorn will be switching genders. Legolas and Gimli will share characteristics with a straight man-funny man relationship. Faramir and Éowyn will have the same relationship, but they plan to delve into their governing of Rohan in the aftermath more.
>events
There will be more to the introduction. They want to give more insight into the status of the realms. There will also be more to the aftermath. They want to show the rebuilding of the countries, including the Southern countries that allied with Sauron, like Harad and Umbar, as well as the humans of the East (Rhûn). Tom Bombadil and The Scouring of the Shire will be retained.
>casting
Still unknown at this point. The only preference I've heard of at this point is that they are trying to get Morgan Freeman for the role of Gandalf, but everything else is up for grabs. They are planning to start the series in the second or third quarter of 2020, depending on when Game of Thrones wraps up.

bump

This will die harder than Star Wars did if they do this

lmfao

>>Nazgûl
>Largely unchanged.
"Black Riders"? wtf is this racist shit, they should be KKK nazis in white robes.

He has a silver mask so maybe they figured that would be good enough

As long as Galadriel is still white and barefoot it wouldn't bother me.

Any word on the representation of characters with disabilties? I felt robbed in the original series that none of the main cast spent any time in a wheelchair

Haven’t heard anything on that or trans people yet, perhaps something with Faramir or Boromir could be possible. They weren’t discussed at all

>le frog

galadriel will indeed be white and barefoot, but played by a tranny with eczema and a prominent five o'clock shadow

Is this even meant to be bait?

They will one up Denethor being crazy as fuck in RotK by giving him downs syndrome

you never know these days

>Black Gandalf tells the Balrog "Ayo, you shall not pass, nigga."
>BG and the balrog engage in a rap battle, and BG is ultimately successful
>the balrog manages to wrap his whip around BG's ankle and pull him almost off the bridge
>before falling to an unkown fate, BG tells the party "Damn nigga! Run muhfuckas!"

>whip
That’s not gonna happen

Living in a time when even this level of bait become more believable with each passing day.

Oh my how intolerant of me

The worst thing is, this sounds like something that could actually happen.

I know you all are meming, but the elves in the Rankin-Bass LotR and Hobbit looked like pic related. I really don't see the point of complaining.

Based. Diversity kino is on the table if true my niggas.

>Merry will be a woman
>Gondor will be black
>queendoms
>Aragorn will be a woman
>elves will be all female
>Gandalf will be black and Saruman will remain white

At what point do the kikes behind all this degeneracy start paying with their lives

They are not re doing the trilogy thats bullshit it’s going to be a prequel this was already confirmed.

It's Middle Earth, so naturally all of their skin tones should be darker. Tolkien's head was filled with white supremacist logic when he made them white by basing it off the Medieval Era template of fantasy novels.