Garth Ennis

In all seriousness, what is wrong with Garth Ennis?

I dunno, somebody storytime Rover Red Charlie?

what is this?

Red Team: Double Tap, Center Mass. The first Red Team was actually good.

he's a meme writer favored by reddit

He's Irish. or cuck-Irish from northern ireland.

He's a whinging cunt

What on Earth do you mean, OP?

>sister gets hooked on drugs, gangbanged and then having a video of shown to you

Honestly I don't see how Ennis expects me to side against Eric

'Cause he's a cunt, mate.

He has issues.

His work is pretty overrated.

>Garth Anus

His name rhymes with Penis

That page makes me want to kill all niggers

Why?

Some cuck memes are real

He offers something different? Honestly, it's nice to have a bit of edgy stuff and down and dirty sexual fun in some of my comics. Sure, I don't want it in everything, but with Ennis I can go into a comic with expectations of blood and gore and tits and fucked up sex.

I mean, really, does any read Fishrape the Graphic Novel for it's story? Didn't think so.

I love my comics, but now I'm older, I like to combine my comics with sleeze. And I can't afford to pay a hooker to dress as Batgirl every month. So Ennis books will have to do.

he forgot how to write after 2014

everything he's done since has been one of the worst comics ever like worse than the unfunnies level bad

only hope left for him is the platoon and only because he wrote that in like 2013

He's a comic book writer who hate superheroes and thinks comics should be about gore, sex, swearing, and cynicism.

>Hating Section 8

How, uh, how much does she charge?

He likes women. Lad is fucked up.

>implying Sixpack and Dogwelder wasn't top tier
I will fucking end you.

Steve Dillon is still dead

Should be on his wikipedia page desu

"War Stories" is really good -- the man is willing to read a history boo and knows his stuff. But once he gets away from that, he's full of shit and I wouldn't read his work on a bet. Yeah, it's weird.

>I cant afford to pay a hooker to dress as Batgirl every month

Your missing out desu

But he likes Superman.

>Fishrape the Graphic Novel
That was by Moore

Reading a Garth Ennis comic is goes like this
>Haha, this guy welds dead dogs to people's faces.
>Oh no why am I crying over a guy who welds dead dogs to people's faces?
Only one not like that is My War Gone by which is just all misery and one of the best stories I ever read.

Ennis is good when he wants to be

His entire body of work is one long confession that he was diddled by a preist as a child.
As such he blames everything wrong with his life on forces outside his control, namely authority figures. His comics are just revenge fantasy.

Most sound logic in the thread.

>My War Gone
was it really good?
I know Punisher MAX is great but I have heard pretty discouraging things about Fury's line

He is a good writer, but he pretty much ended with The Boys and My War Gone By. Section 8 was hilarious, but he's been been laughing at capes since forever so it's not like he covered any new territory.

For better or worse, he's a two-trick pony and even in the area he's great at, he's made a whole bunch of stinkers you probably couldn't even torrent because they're that bad.

Obviously, his biggest flaw is he can't stop himself from paranoid ranting about one of his pet subjects (Christianity, military-industrial complex, capeshits) and edginess upped to Millar-levels even if it's to the detriment of the story.

You too? Whenever he goes after religion in his work, I get the feeling that someone wronged him. Not even Warren Ellis writes with that much vitriol.

Preacher is probably my favorite work by him

The first Fury MAX book is the bad one, the second is good.