Captain America: Steve Rogers #17 Storytime

Hail Hydra! Immortal Hydra! Cut off one limb and two more take its place!

Don't forget that you said that if you don't follow American Idol or NASCAR then you're not a real American.

Wait, why is Mr. Hyde of all people running this?

So there you have it. Magneto isn't a Nazi, are you happy SJWs?

In-universe reason? They probably needed someone that was both a scientist (Zabo) and able to put anyone that stepped out of line the fuck down (Hyde). Plus, he was part of Zemo's Army of Evil so he was already part of the Hydra family. Gotta allocate your resources where they'll be the most useful.

Out-of-universe reason is so they can have Quake vs. Hyde in Secret Warriors.

Disappointed to see tha Gorgon says nothing for the whole meeting. He's a mutant himself, so you'd think Magneto would say something to him and Gorgon would respond "I am Hydra first and a muant second".

>Americops
So that's still a thing. At least now they're beating up white people too.

really just going full Breen with this huh

>I imagine people on Twitter will be furious
BURN

Fuck you, Spencer. She asked him about Myspace. Myspace.

can we move this event to /aco/ or something?

>I imagine people on twitter will be furious
SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E

Nope, because Spencer still thinks Magneto is still 'evil'. Pissing on the past few years of character progression.

But nobody uses MySpace anymore, so the comment Steve makes at the end wouldn't work otherwise

Sliding Timescale. Civil War I now happened years after myspace stopped being relevant, meaning she would have asked him about whatever the relevant social media at the time was. Twitter makes more sense for that.

Magneto isn't evil, he's pragmatic. He's doing what is best for his people even if it goes against what the X-Men stand for.

Subtle Spencer.

Cap straight up calls him evil though.

Spencer settling grudges on behalf of the fans here.

Alright I really can't see how at this point anyone can read this without seeing that, on some level, some of these beats represent Spencer's critiques of a Trump America

This comic has the subtlety of a baseball bat.

> cuts straight to PLEASE STAND BY

damn, I thought it would put Steve on the defensive, but he didn't even flinch. Pretty interesting issue.

When the real world is more ridiculous than anything you could come up with on your own, it'd be a missed opportunity to not pull from that.

>I humiliated him.
>Asked him if he knew what Twitter was
Heavy stuff.

Good issue.

Mr Hyde is a gruel Doctor. Guess They need a Joseph Mengel for their Inhuman Concentration Camps

well, now it's the time to kill the cunt
Do it now

No shit, really?

#shots
#fired

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E

Spencer making Cap full Trump.

From caps perspective he killed american soldiers and threatened with nuclear force. He sees him as just another would be dictator.

Oh hey Americops don't beat up a black person for once.

kek that was pretty good

Steve is a good looking, charismatic war hero. Trump is a ugly, orange, draft dodger who can't string together a sentance with a vocabulary higher then a primary school student. Comparing them is a insult to Steve.

Tell that to the people who kept denying it the whole run

>hydra warships are just commercial aircraft
>cap back in his blue mask in he last panel

wew

Steve is an equal opportunity fascist. He's not going to let them give anyone special treatment.

Steve being in the position to be saying and doing the things he has in this story is insulting to Steve especially since Secret Empire started. He's basically turned into a charismatic Trump

So many uses.....

Thanks, OP.

Just because some of it is doesn't mean all of it is. It's one thing to say that the monologues that are clearly analogues for what's happening in the real world have some critiques against Trump laced in them. It's another to try and justify EVERYTHING being a commentary on Trump no matter how much of a stretch it has to be just so you have an excuse to get upset and bust out lazy Sup Forums memes.

So, which Xorn is this?

The Bunn UXM one

Yeah, what happens to Vagas stays in Vagas.

Besides, it's still not as bad as what Juggernaut did to Vagus in Fear Itself.

Panel of the year?

more like every american president since jfk got shot

Shit, should I read that run?

serves you right

She asked him about MySpace!

But I guess you need to revise history, otherwise she'd be the one who looks like the out of touch idiot, complaining about Beanie Babies.

That story aged so poorly, I'm surprised Spencer of all people is letting Sally Floyd off easy.

>She asked him about MySpace!
Sliding timescale. Civil War happened around 4 years ago in-universe, and literally no one was using Myspace in 2013.

Yes, but read his Magneto run first. Bunneto is one of the few good things the X-men franchise has had going for the past few years.

Didn't Justin Timberlake or someone buy it in 2013, and turned it into some musician platform thing? Whatever happened with that?

is her power using her sidecut to make my dick diamonds?

>I imagine people on twitter will be furious

FUCKING REKT

Which basically give Floyd - and which ever writer wrote that scene - a pass on just how stupid it was at the heart.

>sidecut to make my dick diamonds
Why were you born?

Someone stop this madman

Sure, if you can tolerate land on art it is a decent read

>pfft people will get mad on twitter >:)
>gets mad at everything on twitter

Pottery

Love it. Whole event was worth it for this.

Wait, is that PymTron on the cover of issue #4?

Holy Shit.
This is some real triggering Material right there.

>I imagine people on Twitter will be furious

It worked for a little bit until stuff like Soundcloud ate the "social media for musicians" bit of the market up while Facebook and Twitter continued to dominate regular social media. Not much reason for using myspace when no one else is using it. Defeats the point of social media.

I mean, site's still around so clearly someone is using it.

Yep. Kobik was broken up into 8 pieces and scattered across the planet. Of those 8, we know 5 of them are in the control of:
>Namor
>Xorn
>Black Panther
>the Savage Land
>Pymtron
Most of Secret Empire seems like it'll just be about Steve and the Underground fighting over the cosmic cube pieces. The Underground so they can change Steve back to his old self and Steve so he can turn 616 into the Hydraverse.

Hail hydra.

Take that veronica.

Cap's face in the last panel, this art is gold.

I flat out said on some level that it is, not that that's all it is

to have superior taste

>That burn

I missed previous mention of PymTron, though I also seem to miss when Steve lifted Mjolnir too.

i guess ben isn't going to be in vegas for very long

Not saying you're doing that, but a general problem with storytimes of this run has been that there's always some asshole trying to convince everyone that some scene is a Trump-allegory when it clearly isn't. This clearly is. The Oath had a lot of that. The occasional monologue or comment here and there.

But stuff like, and someone actually tried to claim this, Steve throwing Red Skull out of a window wasn't some antifa call to arms to overthrow Trump via violent means and "clearly calling Trump a nazi." No, it was just Steve Rogers throwing the Red Skull out the window because fuck the Red Skull.

The run isn't devoid of Trump callouts or critiques or just observations, but it's not some big anti-Trump propaganda piece.

It hasn't been said in the comic itself. We know about it because of solicits for future issues. Same with the Savage Land piece. Only ones that have been confirmed in the comic itself so far is Namor/Xorn/T'Challa.

Steve lifting mjolnir happened in the FCBD issue, which was easy to miss if you didn't pick it up on FCBD.

So I'm a tiny bit lost, apparantly another comic shows a different Steve Rogers, so this might not be the real one?

Spencer writes a very convincing demagogue. it shows that he has a background in politics
shame that people got triggered and sales are tanking, because this is easily the best event in years

Sup Forums please