JEAN GREY FUCKS UP EVERYTHING STORYTIME

JEAN GREY FUCKS UP EVERYTHING STORYTIME

Thanks for the storytime. Someone remembered that Hope exists! Honestly surprised. The issue seemed decent enough, not entirely offensive.

I'm actually enjoying the Jean Grey run so far. Pretty weird, given that it's
a) Hopeless
b) Young Jean
But hey, I'm not complaining.

>some of the most capable mutants on the planet
>takes them THAT MANY PIECES to realize the puzzles a pic of the Phoenix

This is turning out to be a pleasant surprise. It's actually good, and not with shitty X-men drama crap. Hoping we will see the group again, it was fun watching them kicking asses while talking about a potential crisis that they all experienced previously.

I'm honestly really liking this

I hope Hopless can keep it up

Same

In my case, a lot of it has to with her not being treated as a mary sue.

Though, with this issue, I wish they would've kept the focus on either Jean and Rachel alone; or Jean, Rachel, and Hope. I get what's going on in the story and why you'd write it this way, but the way the X-Men writers have gone out of their way to avoid all interaction between them is kind of shitty.

What a bitch

>JEAN GREY FUCKS UP EVERYTHING STORYTIME

Again?

Am I the only that noticed he's not actually hanging from anything? He's just sorta...floating upside down.

I see Cable taught you well in the art of dakka

This.

agreed

I missed Hope. I'm glad Hopeless is getting a chance to write her again. it's a shame it had to be in a fucking O5 Jean ongoing.

It's a hank keeps being a retard episode.

Wait, wasn't Namor killed by Hyperion?

What the fuck? Jean didn't do anything wrong it was a cocoon clone lmao, why is it /this/ that Phoenix incident nuJean is freaking out about.

Bye Hope. See ya...someday...maybe...haha.
;_;
Seriously, where the fuck was she during the whole M-Pox thing? I just don't buy that Cable wouldn't mention the whole thing at all in relation to her when it was clearly a threat to her life.
Duggan was such a disappointment.

FRIGGIN' NAMOR

pretty cool page

IMO this was less painful then issue one

Namor should be an x-man again.

Hopeless did X-men season one, where Jean was the most developed character. It seems like he genuinely likes her. He also wrote pretty cool Cable and Hope in his X-force.

People hate Hopeless because of his All-new X-men

He was. Then Hyperion felt bad and went through a convoluted time-travel scheme to bring him back to life.

Eh, I'd say that Jean was 21, 22 years old. Only a few years older than this girl.

No, they hate Hopeless because of "MUH METTLE"

>People hate Hopeless because of his All-new X-men
No, they hate Hopeless because of Avengers Arena. Literally every single bit of Hopeless hate stems from that.

You mean Red Skull Jr?

Issue one had Jean being beat by the wreckers, but yea. This one was dare I say alright.

They time traveled and undid it near the end of the book. If you recall, no other book ever said he was dead, so most of SS was in another time line.

oh. Alright then.

yep, was fun

thicc

I like the way Jean is drawn, and that's about the only good thing I can say about this book.

she looks like a frump.. when she is supposed to be one of more attractive women in marvel so how could you like how she is drawn?

Yes

I can admit liking Mettle's killer
But I shouldn't enjoy an All Old X-Men comics that much. And yet... I am

THAT PORTRAIT
Quentin Quire is the fucking best

If you read the solicist you find out this series is nothing more than "Jean team up with the marvel universe"

>"smart guy condescension" - because it's not anti-intellectual pride when the left complains about "those damn readers and thinkers."
God damn this issue is off to a great start.

>I have finally become THE DARK PHOENIX SAGA
what did she mean by this?

> Remembering Hope exists
> Remembering Rachel had a fairly good time with the phoenix

This was better than I expected.

Hearing Rachel talk like that just feels really weird.

PERSONAAAUGGHHH

What emotion are those faces in the upper right panel supposed to be conveying?

I love how literally no one addresses the fact that every time someone went Dark Phoenix was because the Phoenix had been shattered or someone was fucking with the host's mind.

Because that would undermine the whole premise of AvX, and we can't let a little thing like continuity get in the way of a terrible, terrible event.

What happened to Hope's killsquad?

>Phoenix is coming, past-Jean assumes it's for her and not for by far the longest-lasting and most stable host the Phoenix ever had
>She's probably right because of how shit the whole X-Men franchise's writing has been for the last couple decades

Good, because the Jean Grey part is the worst thing about the book. If Jean is just an excuse for rotating cast members each issue then I'm fine with that.

Didn't Jean only go Dark Phoenix because the Hellfire club fucked with her head with drugs and brainwashing?

Yes which later due to a recon which everybody ignored that it was a clone of the phoenix

Cool Story, OP.
So, uh... Guest Artist Ryan Kinnaird when?

Ah, okay, thanks for clearing that up.

So... why did you pull this idea out of your ass?

So, how does Marvel timeline work? Is this happening before or after Steve's Secret Empire takeover?

Liar! She WAS in emotional distress!

That was pretty good, but I wish we've seen Hope using her powers.
I guess she prefers guns because Muh Dad, but an armored Hope would have been nice.

>Lol
-Marvel editors

If only Cyclops was around to help He got better

Leave Arizona alone Marvel.

>Dark phoenix saga
I guess I missed when they started to refer to it that way in universe.

Someone needs to cut an editorial switch and whip these writers until they stop using the characters for audience commentary

I want this to be a Jean + Hope buddy comic

how sick would that be?

So it's safe to assume this takes place at the same time as today's Thanos comic?

I actually liked this a lot! surprise

the only thing that bothered me is Hope asking for Guns instead of just copying Jeans Telekinesis-Telepathy

Why does she still wear those rags?

I would have probably have few complaints.
Alas.

Why is she not with Cable???
BTW she looks hot, what is her age again???

Maybe Hope doesn't do that so much because fucking with people's powers would be unethical.

She got tired of Cable's bullshit.
The thing that confuses me is why Cable would've just left her at any risk to the M-Pox. Where the fugg was she until now.
Also, she's not supposed to register on Cerebro after she's been back from time-hopping with Cable. Although, I guess that could've been Cable jamming it and me misremembering. I thought it was the impetus for that issue where Logan goes and retrieves her when the X-Men couldn't find her.

I think she's around 17

Aw yes. I'm excited to read this with Sup Forums after how much of a goddamned trainwreck that first issue was. Kind of like America Chavez, but a few notches lower on the "this awful writing makes me want to strangle someone" scale.

funny you should ask....

just seems fitting, is all.

>I hope Hopless can keep it up
Oh the ironing.

Wow.

Hope was cuter on Xforce

After Spurrier's X-Force i'm totally down for highly tactically minded, matured-in-war Hope.

WILL NO ONE LET RACHEL TALK ABOUT THE PHOENIX?! This shit killed me during AvX. Rachel is like, hands down the most qualified person to discuss the Phoenix on the planet and no writer in the past half decade has let her say bup about it

Read Emperor Vulcan and Kingbreaker.

Stfu we're gonna go talk to friggin' Namor! He's the most qualified obviously.

the whole point of his run was that cable was wrong tho

spurrier's hope realized violence wont redeem mutants