All New Guardians of the Galaxy #2 Storytime

This week's adventure: "Been Caught Stealing"!

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/no3y4
youtube.com/watch?v=GKkeDqJBlK8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It might be good

Kuder is rocking this series.

>movie autist Drax
>dumb musician Memelord
>even more retardness
I'm out. At least I can say I lasted until page 8

In two weeks: Gamora, deadliest woman in the Galaxy!

Support the official release.

Already at that arc?

Well, the pacing for the book got a lot better. Thanks Duggan

Hah. That's pretty funny

streamable.com/no3y4

I recall the way the book works for the first eleven, is each odd numbered issue is a Flashback issue concerning how each Guardian got to their status quo in #1.
First Gamora, then Peter, then Drax, then Rocket and Groot. Once the guest flashbacks are done, Kuder and another artist switch off on arcs.

Hopefully Pepe Larraz.

>security dementors
kek

Are those Dementors?

>they don have anything on offer that I want
Is Moondragon going to show up?

Looks like a Groot is going back to his roots.

>batman.jpg

The panel at C2E2 made me a lot more hopeful for this book... but yikes, this is pretty bad.

>Well, you can toot your saxophone then
Glad to see they remembered that part of Drax' history.

Any theories on who this could be?

Well well, if it isn't Humphries Collector. Just when I thought Duggan couldn't dissapoint me any further.

I feel like quality will take a free fall when he brings in Nova.

Humphries isn't responsible for the redesign. He's a writer, not an artist.

"Humphries Collector" is really just Movie-inspired Collector. He also showed up in Ewing's Contest of Champions.

>muh terra

cmon quill, you know you don't really give a shit about that mudball

>not muh guardians

Writing is pretty good so I don't mind. I actually want to see where the plot is going whereas Bendis never had a plot to speak of.

Yeah, didn't his whole run start with a Galactic Council passing a "law" that made it illegal for aliens to mess with Earth (which somehow made aliens want to attack the Earth more????) only for Bendis to completely abandon that whole plot with no real resolution?

Yeah he proceeded to fuck around with a bunch of shitty B-plots for the entire series. Planet of the Symbiotes, all that dumb bullshit with J'Son, Jean Grey and Black Vortex.

Just because Bendis wrote bigger shit doesn't mean this comic isn't giant shit. Any writer can win against the Bendis work. It's 'Very Easy' mode.

It's really not that bad tho

Tell me why it's giant shit. "Not muh Guardians" may be why you dislike it but that is not a valid reason for it being shit. The world moves on even if you refuse to, you must account for this when critiquing.

>that is not a valid reason for it being shit
It actually is, though. Turning them into the movie versions is creatively lazy, and more importantly, makes no fucking sense for almost all of the characters.

It makes SENSE for the movie guardians to be different, despite James Gunn basing the original movie off of the DnA run, they are entirely different characters in a new setting. It works. It does not work when they are characters that already exist one way in a setting, and changing them into the movie versions because why not is just... lazy.

If Dan Slott randomly de-aged Peter 20 some years, put him in high school his new best friend Ned Ganke where he spends all his time admiring Tony Stark, would you defend that too?

The comic version of the Guardians of the Galaxy wear that name for a reason, you can't just supplant the movie version over it because you can't be bothered to grow the characters in an organic way.

Holy shit, a Marvel artist who knows how to draw a raccoon. Call the newspapers.

>It actually is, though

No, it isn't. It is a valid reason for you to dislike it, sure, but you can't say it's "giant shit" just because you're still attached to the previous version of the characters. If you want people to take your opinion seriously you have to judge a book fairly on what it is, not what you'd like it to be. And for a book about movie-inspired Guardians this ain't bad so far.

Now I'm not sayin you gotta like it pal, but if you're not gonna bother with a real critique then what's the point? We all know this isn't the DnA Guardians and we all know they're not coming back, we don't need you to alert us and you're a fool if you ever thought otherwise.

It's hard to justify calling them the GOTG when they are just a bunch of professional thieves. I like my anti-heroes at least a little bit heroic.

I wasn't even the original guy, it's not garbage, but it's not good. If the foundation of your book is a strict adaptation of a loose adaptation, then, chances are, it won't be that interesting because at this point, you're bringing nothing NEW to the table.... and so far this isn't interesting at all. Pacifist is the only new thing this book brings to the table, and even that is limited by Drax being the literal movie version (in fact, LESS interesting than Movie Drax, because Movie Drax as a character grew past 'takes everything 100% literally')

At the end of the day, it's not the movie guardians, they're actual characters that existed before the movie and had a reason to be called, you know, the guardians of the galaxy.

I do not understand why movie synergy gets hated on everywhere BUT the guardians, when lazy writers forcing synergism affects them the most.

It was hard to justify calling them the GotG when they weren't freedom fighters in the 30th century.

They took the Grandmaster job specifically to secure a dangerous Cosmic artifact. Now they're caught in the middle of a feud between two Elders of the Universe. Seems like GOTG material to me.

We're at the beginning of this run and you're just assuming Duggan isn't going to grow the characters? He's already said that this book starts the characters in a neutral place that should be familiar to both long-time readers and fans of the movie before he dives into his own journey with them.

>I do not understand why movie synergy gets hated on everywhere BUT the guardians, when lazy writers forcing synergism affects them the most

I don't throw tantrums about synergy seeing as it's been a staple of comics for as long as I've been reading them. Morrison's New X-Men was lambasted for synergy costumes but it turned out to be one of the most unique X-books in a long time. And Back in Black was a legitimately good story.

The problem is never synergy, it is always the writing. I didn't hate Bendis and Humphries because they used synergy costumes, I hated them because they wrote awful Cosmic books.

I guess in your mind its illegal to express disatisfaction with a direction of a story. Are people only allowed to praise Marvel books, master?

>It is a valid reason for you to dislike it, sure

You gonna make an actual point or just keep slingin fallacies?

You gonna make an actual point of just keep shilling?

duggan usually starts bad but kind of smoothes out after a few issues.

who wants to guess what gamora's deep dark secret she is hiding is? Something to do with the Watch apparently.

She found a red lightsaber and a cybernetic arm in a black glove...

I made my point. You elected to ignore it in favor of attacking a strawman and crying shill. Said point stands, so feel free to stop shitposting and join the discussion any time.

Didn't Duggan hint that Adam was coming back at some point?

>Turning them into the movie versions is creatively lazy,
Forced synergy seems more like an editorial mandated thing. At least he´s making the best of it instead of writing the same story he always had like Bendis is doing with Defenders.

I'm not so sure about that, honestly. Peter Parker is as far from Movie Peter as can be, similarly with Steve Rogers. I think nowadays it's just writers trying to get easy sales.

If you think Marvel wouldn't love to get Peter back in high school..

I'm sure they would, but not enough to stop Dan Slott from uh... being Dan Slott.

I was expecting it to be mediocre, but I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the issue. Very interested to see were they go with verbose Groot, as I enjoyed that character. Drax was actually enjoyable too. Thanks for the storytime, OP.

Saw it hadn't been Storytime'd, so might as well post it here.

youtube.com/watch?v=GKkeDqJBlK8

Relax.

First person who gets the music choice wins a no-prize.

why would adam coming back be a big dark secret though? unless he tries to kill peter for killing him, and the rest of the gotg might encourage that.

Ah, been waitin on this to come out. Reckon it'll be the only space story Chip gets to tell. Shame, I actually liked his Grounded mini.

Thanks OP.

I feel like I've seen that bartender before...

Peter didn't actually kill him though, Lord Marv did.

>5th Dimensional Imps

HYPERCRISIS

CONFIRMED

First Duggan cameo in this book

Can't wait for Zdarsky Spidey.