Venom #150 Storytime

Here it is, Sup Forums! The big 1-5-0.

Lets see if Costa was able to fix any of his bullshit.

No he wont

He doesn't.

No. he can't

Not a good crunch.

Ahh, same old Eddie.

Cal me crazy, but compared to the last run, the suit seems much more into the idea of killing,

Last time it was the only thing stopping the streets from being full of blood, but now it wants it more than ever.

>but compared to the last run, the suit seems much more into the idea of killing,
That's because Lee Price. Thanks Costa!

>parnter

Yeah, say what you want about the last run, and there is a LOT to be said, at least everyone was in character.

Spiderman sill quipped, Scorpion was just as spiteful as ever, Blackcat was faithful to what Marvel's trying to make her. Here, it just feels wrong. It's like Lee hasn't read any Venom since the 90's.

Eddie was better off as either Anti Venom or Toxin and Costa probably doesn't know shit about either him or the symbiote but I gotta say, the art at least is pretty good

Wait, is this their first rematch since New Ways To Die?

If so, this is overdue.

Kind of an odd "rematch" when Gargan was the one wearing the symbiote last time they fought.

>as if it ever would leave me for you
That's exactly what happened. To the letter.

>All it takes is one bad host to completely 180 a symbiote's personality.

This is bullshit.

>when Gargan was the one wearing the symbiote last time they fought.

Yeah, but he was only able to use the scorpion armor and it was the symbiote that saved Eddy.

Well technically, Eddie sold it off to someone completely different. It didn't leave him, Eddie gave it away.

What about Angelo?

so this pretty much guarantees the symbiote turned retard evil and Eddie is loosing it yet again soon, right?

Whew.

I thought I would have to get my hopes up for this series.

Luckily, the combination of character stagnation and bad art has relieved my fears.

>Make an interesting character to be a part of Eddie's supporting cast
>KILL HIM OFF FOR DRAMA

It doesn't even work like that, the symbiote was still good to the very end.

>Mike Costa

Good to know. I'll avoid anything he writes.

fuck, really?
is this an "oversized" special
fucking shit was short as fuck how much is marvel charging for this these days

>"You're not my, mom"
>parnter
the proofreading is off the charts this issue.

the art was fine
could have used a different colorist but it wasn't even bad

Eddie literally told the symbiote to fuck off, brah

Is this a prelude to eating people's brains again? The way only a classic venom could...

>Congratulations, you just got yourself beat!
>Now what's the next step of your masterplan?

Hey look, it's the one good page from the entire issue.

It's cool that Mania moved to New York with Flash.

You should go back and read the retrospectives.

>completely ignore over Eddie's stories and development from the last thirteen years
>turn the symbiote into a bloodthirsty monster that forces Eddie to kill petty crooks and civilians

This book disgusts me. How Costa is still working, and how he's allowed to do this, is beyond me.

That's a bitchin' page

And here we have the symbiote being shot with a plot gun, giving no reason for why it abandoned Flash.

What does Marvel even have editors for

Oh, fuck off Costa

The worst part is that this story isn't Costa, it's Robbie Thompson, guy who did Spaceknight

I don't know how much of the actual plot was his idea though.

>This is a love story.

Already off to a shitty start.

>spend a lot of time wishing Venom was back with Brock

>outright hate Gargan Venom

>finally start to get used to the idea of Flash Venom

>get shake, but optimistic about Eddie being Venom again

>it gets executed horribly and destroys the character development of both the symbiote and Eddie

FUCK, give it back to Flash. GIVE IT BACK TO FLASH.

>dat Mania butt

Why couldn't we have an Agent Venom and Mania team-up by Thompson?

please tell me people are piling up on Costa on social media or something

>he caved that guy's head and the wall in for a tomato

Well, at least he got Eddie constantly being a fuck up right.

is that a fucking naruto headband?

How many fucking times is Flash gonna say "pal"

Is this book going to explain why Eddie "Slit the Throat of every Symbiote" Brock wants Venom back? He had that chance twice if I recall and denied it because it made him a bad person.

Something something abusive relationship.

>all this "my love" and "my sweet" stuff out of Brock despite the fact that he's hated and rejected Venom for years now and never talked about the symbiote that way before
>Flash lost Venom because of some stupid out of nowhere plot device nonsense
>symbiote is dumb and violent because of Not Important

Fuck Costa and fuck the morons who wanted 90s edge brain-eating Venom back. Brock should have stayed Toxin and Flash should have stayed Agent Venom.

I actually really liked it mostly due to Tradd Moore's art, I admit. But I'm less concerned with them adhering to character development as I am with them telling good stories using the pieces they're putting on the board going forward. Like, if they insist on going back to square one like this at least have it be good. I like the way Eddie was written in this issue, but the reason Flash is missing the symbiote is such a non-answer fucking cop-out.

>please tell me people are piling up on Costa on social media or something
As if the trendy Marvel fans who use Twitter care about anything that doesn't involve being social justice or anti social justice

the covers here are in the wrong order.
godfucking dammit marvel

> and fuck the morons who wanted 90s edge brain-eating Venom back
Anyone who actually reads Venom stuff knows this was only in like 3 issues (back during Venom: The Hunger). That isn't actually a thing.

That was shockingly underwhelming. What a weak explanation for Flash losing the symbiote.

Hopefully, this was Costa's idea and Thompson just got stuck with writing it.

cont. also, "sign of the boss" mini is missing

Symbiote shit is always bullshit.

At first Venom was unique because all other symbiotes would eventually kill their host. Then they retconned it so that the symbiotes are actually noble space warriors.

At first Carnage was unique because he was so crazy he didn't refer to himself as "we", then every other symbiote wearer other than Eddie didn't call themselves "we".

There was also that one time they cloned Venom and it fucking murdered the shit out of everything.

>I'd been dreaming of it for years
No you didn't

>Anyone who actually reads Venom stuff

That's just it. It's the people who haven't read Venom and only know about him secondhand who have been crying for Eddie to be Venom again all these years.

Were Eddie and the Symbiote ever this gay?

>Anyone who actually reads Venom stuff knows this was only in like 3 issues (back during Venom: The Hunger). That isn't actually a thing.
well to be fair he still used to murder the fuck out of them, just not eating their brains, but as Anti Venom and Toxin later proved, that was just Eddie being Eddie

Proof that Nick Lowe and Devin Lewis cannot even do basic editing. Why do these idiots even have jobs?

I haven't looked, but I can't help but think casuals are thrilled just to have Eddie back, assuming they even knew he'd stopped being Venom.

What is it about symbiotes that causes them to be the single most mishandled and inconsistent group of characters in comics?

Wait, how did Scorpion find him?

Toxin was every bit as "edgy" as Venom ever was in the 90s, if not more, because he was red and black and looked like an OC

Furthermore, I can accept Brock wanting the symbiote again, I can accept the symbiote wanting Brock again, I can even make sense of these things and I want Eddie back as Venom, never cared about Flash, but this still sucks dick, why is the symbiote evil now? Why is there no explanation for any of it? This set up could EASILY be good, and honestly there are a couple good moments in this comic, but the whole thing just screams of pointless, shallow, cheap reset for the sake of status quo, and that sucks