Red Hood and Nightwing team up

>ED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS ANNUAL #1
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art and cover by TYLER KIRKHAM
“Brothers in Arms”! When Red Hood discovers a new wave of criminal activity in Gotham City with a traveling circus at its epicenter, he recruits Nightwing to help the Outlaws infiltrate the big top! Can the two would-be brothers put their differences aside and crack the case? Or will their division be the harbinger of their demise?
On sale AUGUST 30 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T+

Will this finally settle things between Robin fans?

No.

Robinfags will never settle, user, the only alliance they have is Dickfags and Damianfags, they all hate each other and no amount of comics will satisfy that

Yep. Jason and Dick fans hate each other. Dickfags especially hate Lobdell. Its going to make it worse.

Do Timfags not like Dick anymore?

Obviously no because Dick fans really hate Jason.

No, DC destroyed Dick and Tim's relationship

>implying it's not vice versa

Just as many Jasonfags hate Dick too, you'd think the biggest rivalry would be Tim and Damian fans but I guess because Dick and Jason are the two most popular their fans are the largest groups

It was the best relationship too. Fucking DC.

Timfags don't exist anymore

Anyway they hate Damian

The fact that Jason fans were excited to see Dick in the annual while Dick fans have a meltdown over it pretty much proves that why I said is the truth.

I actually have hope because Lobdell hs been good since Rebirth started. I want Jason and Dick to get along. Fans too. I mean neither of them are Tim at least.

>expecting me to read Redhood shit

No thanks.

Probably because the first Outlaws book poisoned the well for Dickfans, which didnt happen to Jason fans.

When the fuck did that happen?

Theres some on CBR, but tbf they cite the first terrible Outlaws book as a legit reason.

Doesn't suprise. They are always the ones who try to start a fight with them in Sup Forums.

In the August solicitations thread here in Sup Forums.

>CBR

Every single fan on CBR is awful, the Robinfags there are even worse than the ones on here

I was in that thread and nobody had a meltdown, more people had a meltdown about the potential Dickbabs in August Batgirl

Scott Lobdell hates Dick Grayson.

People can like them both...

If theres was any meltdown it was overshadowed by REEEEEing over the potential Dickbabs

oh lol I got beaten

Okay guys any predictions on how this is gonna go?

Were you in the thread till the end? Because it happened after it hit 500 replies where some user started crying about how Lobdell hates Dick.

To be fair he kind of does seem to hate Dick, didn't he project his own shitty relationship onto Dick and Starfire's? I can't remember the details

I'm pretty sure that I didn't claim otherwise.

As someone who was in the thread, can people explain this to me? Does he really hate Dick or is he just bad at writing him? Theres a difference.

He doesn't cares about him or felt that he was necessary to be included. That doesn't means that he hates him.

Yup. He did. He said that exes can't be friends, that he wasn't friends with his ex, that Dick was bad for Kory, that Dick was boring, that Dick would never appear as long as he was in the book, and so on.

It was when RHatO was at the start and the interview was for Comicvine.

Dick is so bland to hated him.

People either like him or indifferent to him.

>Dick hits on Artemis
> She finds him annoying
> Jason only wanted Dick's help because he's scared of clowns
> Dick tries bonding, but it doesnt work
> Dick is bossy because he likes being leader.

>that Dick was bad for Kory
He is right. Dick cheated on her in their wedding day.

Also, don't lie user. He never said that Dick will never be in the book.

I bet the Starfire thing will be brought up in order to cause a fight between Jason and Dick.

>Dick and Jason fight and argue at start of team up
>end up with 'aw they really do love each other'
>this character development never carries off into other books and is forgotten about

This is bad, mostly because Dick was besties with 2/3 members of the group. He was essential to Korys past and Roy's bff which made it seem like hate when it wasn't. Double awkward since Rebirth fixed it.

He said.

And are you seriously mentioning that stupid annual that was terribly written and filled with retcons? Come on.

To be honest, it seems like other writers have already fixed Jason/Dick's relationship. Jason's own book is actually the last piece.

>Devin Grayson Nightwing

Wew

Why? Jason did'nt sleep with her and Dick has recently so why would he care?

Dick's TT weren't canon in n52 so he actually wasn't bestie with Roy.

He acknowledged that Kori had a relationship with him and they and there was literally no needs to bring him up because he has nothing to do with what was going on.

Heck, in the Death of the Family tie-in issue of RHatO when the Outlaws were in the Wayne Manor he showed Dick hiding himself from Kory and Roy, and Jason having to come and tell Dick to stop acting like an asshole because Kory was a good person and didn't deserved to be mistreated by Dick, and Dick responding that Jason didn't knew about shit and should not get involved.

It was basically implied in the issue that something had happened in the past between Dick and Kory, to the point where Kory almost tried to kill Dick. It was never expanded upon, but essentially Dick and Kory broke up in very bad terms.

So yeah, Lobdell wasn't interested in showing Dick, Kory and Roy on good terms at all.

Ummm have you read Titans or Teen Titans lately?

*they broke up so there

I'm just glad Roy and Dick's past as friends on TT has been brought back now.
Are Roy and Kory coming back to Outlaws again or is their friendship with Jason retconned?

>Dick's TT weren't canon in n52 so he actually wasn't bestie with Roy.

At the start of Nu52 Lobdell specifically brought up the time Roy and Kory where on the New Teen Titans to make a point that Kory didn't remembered nor cared about Dick or the rest of team, she just wanted a good hard dicking and it didn't mattered from whom.

And now Rebirth retconned Dick and Roy's time as past friends and members of the original TT. Go read Abnett's Titans.

Yes, and it was a recton happened with Titans hunt dumbass.

DC wanted Tim's TT to be the first team and they only acknowledged Dick's TT as part of rebirth.

Lobdell said they're going to guest star at some point before issue 15ish I think. All 3 are under the same editor so hopefully things work out well when that happens.

He wanted to acknowledge Dick's TT, but the editors were against it and they even erased the mention in RHATO'S trade.

Which worked against him because it upset fans of those characters with long relationships an looks dumb because he never expanded on what caused that badness. Not it looks extra stupid because Rebirth fixed the 3's relationship.

The fact that the first Teen Titans was the team lead by Tim was a retcon that happened half-way through the Nu52

At the start of the Nu52 when writers weren't sure what was still canon or not it was regarded that the Titans past was still canon. RHatO #1 opened with Roy wondering why Kory was following Jason since she was Dick's girl or if Kory really couldn't remember Dick nor the rest of the Teen Titans.

Even after the retcon Lobdell still kept the fact that Kory had a thing with Dick and that Dick and Roy had been friends.

Sounds cool, I'd like to see them interact with Artemis and Bizarro

Actually did'nt Lobdell and Snyder originally acknowledge them?

>Are Roy and Kory coming back to Outlaws again or is their friendship with Jason retconned?
It still canon and have been referred in Rebirth RHatO and TT.

And this

Yes, they did.

That user simple doesn't want to acknowledge that Lobdell doesn't like Nightwing and has gone on record on this.

I do wonder if Lodbell will acknowledge the changes they've been through.

I think he's more indifferent towards Dick, but projected his own relationship onto Dick x Starfire too much, I wouldn't say he completely hates Dick but he's not good at writing him

Probably not. He'll probably show Roy and Kory still very much into each other and missing Jason and not acknowledge whatever has been happening much.

It'll fucking awkward if he does
Kori: Dick is now back to true love status and she talks to him now

Roy: Dick is now back to bff status, is his team leader,and is now mackin on Donna

Both: Never bring up jason

Jason: Brings them both up & might still dislike Dick

Yeah, hate is too much. He just doesn't like the character much. The few times he wrote Dick he wrote him as a know-it-all jerk.

>Dick and Roy had been friends
He didn't keep that because Titans hunt happened during DCYOU and Kori was still never part of TT.

The writers were unsure and n52 editors were a freaking mess who didn't make things clear to them and keep erasing things behind their backs. Lobdell actually said in an interview that the editors were changing things without his knowledge.

No way. people would fucking rage. They are under the same editor now too, so no way that goes through.

You'll see.

Are you an idiot? Did you forget about how the Dick's TT were forgotten and they started to remember in Titans Hunt?

Go read Titans Hunt and Rebirth Titans first arc before you make yourself look more foolish than you already are.

Dude, the only thing that was retconned was the first that there was a team called Teen Titans previously Tim's team.

The fact that Dick, Kory and Roy knew each other was kept, even after the retcon, precisely because of how Lobdell messed things up before. He just never had Roy talking much about Dick because he didn't want to. The same for Kory and Dick, outside of having to deal with the memory problem subplot he had introduced or the Death of the Family tie-in.

Devin Grayson didn't write that Annual
She was off Nightwing by then

What was retconned was the fact that a team named Teen Titans existed before the one lead by Tim. But they kept the idea that Dick, Roy and Kory had a been in a team before as a way to explain the Dick and Kory connection.

Trust me, i know this shit.

>Dick fans are insecure and stupid too
Can't say I'm suprised.

Just go back and re-read the comics.

How about you give me proof of that, then?

I just want to see Artemis be to be the 2nd Red Head to turn down Dick

Just download the digital versions of the first RHatO trade-paperbacks, which were altered to satisfy the hazy retcon. Nightwing is still there in the flashbacks, only with a red colored Nightwing suit.

What was the first?

Batwoman aka Kate

My God, you are really are dumbass and doesn't actually didn't read anything I have said.

Kori's relationship with Dick was never erased and she was never part of his team. Roy and Dick didn't have a history in N52 until titans hunt happened.

Wait, Kori wasn't part of the original TT?

>Roy and Dick didn't have a history in N52 until titans hunt happened.

But they did. That's where we are disagreeing.

No, the current crossover confirmed that she wasn't.

And you still didn't show me a proof of that.

Fuck it. Wait a minute. I'll do. I don't even know why you're so hung up on this.

>> Jason only wanted Dick's help because he's scared of clowns

I feel a little bad for laughing at this.

The art on Dick looks bad. He should'nt be so bulky

Find nothing? I told you that DC erased their history.

I'm downloading a 200+mb trade for this. Wait a bit.

I will legit laugh if that happens

1) Is it just me or does Jason stay in Gotham a lof more these days and
2) Does this mean out of costume stuff?? I ant Dick and Jason undercover at the Circus/

Here you go. This is from the trade, which was altered to fit the retcon that the only Teen Titans that ever existed was the one at the time currently lead by Tim. Still, they couldn't erase completely the fact that Lobdell had already not only mentioned but shown Nightwing in flashbacks several times. So the compromise was that Dick, Kory and Roy knew each other and were part of some obscure team. Not exactly one called Teen Titans, but a team nonetheless.

Lobdell didn't had Nightwing later interacting with Kory or Roy just because he didn't really wanted it. Not because of editorial. Nothing wrong with that, though.

I'll just go ahead and post the other appearances and mentions of Nightwing, since i download this shit for nothing.

This makes Jason look both whiny and petty concerning Dick

Here's the original pic.

I haven't read this in years but....Dick, Kori and Roy really did use to work with each other.

But Roy doesn't recognize Kori at all......does he have amnesia too?

Post next page please

And it's a reference to this in issue 1.

Lobdell meant TT, but it was earsed and the editors were too lazy to earse Roy from that pic.

>Dick and Jason are my two favorite Robins
This pleases me.

Forget the pic.

I find hilarious how Lobdell tried to push the angle that because Kory's an alien she couldn't distinguish humans apart nor commit them to memory after some time apart, despite her being as human-like as us, or then the fact that because she's an alien she felt she was distrusted and feared by the humans for not being human herself and that mostly being the reason why she been living secluded in that tiny island, despite her being pretty much a hot girl who just happens to be orange and this being the DCU where Superman, an alien, is the most beloved hero on Earth.

Thankfully he dropped that persecution shit since this is not the X-Men, although he couldn't really drop the memory thing just as easily.

Dude, they kept Roy friendship with Dick even in the trade.

This is creepy as fuck. Also why did'nt Jason just tell her?