/who/ - Doctor Who General

OC edition

Other urls found in this thread:

roguesportal.com/a-chat-with-sarah-dollard/
youtube.com/watch?v=fuZk-5vaxUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HEY
It's my job to post this.
I'll just post the bios I've done so far.

Please, by all means, go ahead.

IMMGIRANT STOP REPORTING ME

H-how did I not get banned lads?

A janitor saw your shit instead of a mod. You may not be so lucky in future.

Jannies can do a temp block and request that a mod ban you, I've had that happen before. Weird that it didn't happen this time, and they only took out two of bios. I posted them directly after receiving a warning too

If this shits going to be in every thread I'm leaving, you cunts are a bloody disgrace, I hope we get overrun by boardies

>tfw anime /who/ thread
the comfiest off-topic

Are you a newfag? These things are temporary. /who/ has suffered much worse beatings and come out alive.

Surely Chibnall didn't just ask Gatiss back, right? We have it confirmed he did, but he doesn't appear to have asked any of the new lot (Mathieson, Dollard, etc.) back. Maybe some of the old faithfuls? We still don't even have the fucking writer room rumour confirmed yet.

>Tom Baker's tenure holds a special place in her heart, and she's always down for a stream of his episodes. In fact, her continued presence in the stream has drawn her closer to its admin, TheOncomingStorm.
I've been guffawing reading these, this whole thing is absurd.

In the event that Chibbers actually did ask Gatiss and it wasn't some sort of fever dream, maybe Gatiss was the only one who was so buddy-buddy with moff that Chibbers felt obliged.

This may be of interest
roguesportal.com/a-chat-with-sarah-dollard/
>Sarah Dollard: I won’t be on S11 due to workload/schedule clashes this past year, but I had a really great chat with Chris about his plans. So hopefully, I’ve left the door open for a possible return in the future. It would be an honour to work with him and write for Thirteen.

That is of extreme interest, this changes everything. Interesting that Mathieson said he hadn't been asked, but Gatiss and Dollard had been.

Reminder Neo is the modern /who/ equivalent to TomBakersGaintWang

There's only one real question about the new writing room.
Is Jamie Mathieson coming back? Or is he getting prepped by Moffat as we speak to become the next showrunner comes 2026?

Also is P. Harness not returning? Nice.

Mathieson has never showran anything, though he's been trying to get a French sci-fi series off the ground for a while.
Mathieson by all reports was not asked back by Chibnall.
No news on Harness. Harness, incidentally, actually would have a chance of showrunning Who, as he's showran things before, successfully, unlike Mathieson, who is very much his junior in only being an episode writer.

Mathieson said he didn't think he would be ask. He may have talked to Chibs in private later.

Oh I bet him and Chibnall did plenty in private later.

please don't make this the OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=fuZk-5vaxUk
what would the 13th doctor expansion pack look like?

I know Chibnall has cracked down on security but I still hope we get episode leaks before Jodie's era, it's the perfect time.

Edge is good but indeed IP blocked by Sup Forums for some reason.

doesn't edge know how to reset the IP?

Edge is in hospital and can't move his arms.

>resetting the IP of an entire hospital

Does edge not have a phone currently?

I think Whithouse was asked too? Can't find source now, but I remember this.

Call me a cuck will ya?

Tom Marshall on GB also said that RTD was asked too, holy shit.

>Chibnall's first act as showrunner is basically just getting RTD to do it

BASED

"pls tell that user my phone also doesnt work for posting because all of canada is blocked apparently, i tried"

Y'know, OC user, you can just post the bios in a Pastebin and paste the link here.

So, here we go again.
Theatre of War: pretty nice.
It doesn't start off as anything special: you get imtroduced to a lot of characters together, most of which will be killed before you've even had a chance to learn to tell them apart; the Doctor, Benny and Ace are chased around by monsters, the standard Doctor Who fare throughout the first half.
The second half is generally better than the first, but something much more interesting gradually happens: both the reader and the Doctor are completely misled. The situation at the start seems so obvious that the eventual truth manages to come as an actual surprise. And Benny figures it out by doing some actual archaeological work, which seems to happen rarely.
It's also Irving Braxiatel's introduction, and he's a fairly interesting, mysterious figure, although the claim that he has outwitted the Doctor at the end isn't completely true.
So on the whole, it's a fun experience, if not a terribly memorable one. I don't itch to reread it, but as a filler book it blows the last two out of the water. 7/10.

>TIL Edge is Canadian

Overall thoughts on Justin Richards?

now that's more like it

requesting the transparent jodie pls

So, we're at the 30th anniversary of the year that gave us Remembrance of the Daleks. Is it fair to say that this is the story that birthed the 'le epic Doctor' meme? If so, was it worth it?

Doctor Who is dead.

>all of canada is blocked apparently
kek that's probably barneyfag's fault

>Doctor who is a woman now

How long will it take for Heaven Sent to be topped?

4 series

>all of canada is blocked
And nothing of value was lost.

but it took Heaven Sent 52 years to top the entire rest of Doctor Who

What is your favorite shadman dr who fan art?

>shadman

Honestly it's hard to imagine RTD just coming on to do an episode without being in control of the whole show. He seems like such a perfectionist/control freak. Maybe he could do some self-contained kino like Midnight. Doubt it though, since he never did for Moffat and at this point it would just look like an insult to Moff if he wrote for Chibnall in his first year.

how do you feel, tumblr?

Exactly how canon are the comics?

Ultra-canon

As canon as RTD's era.

Hello /who/!
Sorry for my absence, I was on vacation and it ended up being amended with the end of the year.
I wanted to wish everyone a happy new year, and the best of everything happens to everyone. I have not done my avatar yet, I probably do it tonight, I remember that I owed it there in mid-October.

In fact I had a doubt and I hope you can help me.

No Twice Upon a Time; Nardole, Bill and Clara were memories, does that mean they all died as they had been quoted? Bill's living memories were only those of his human form and not of Pilot's, correct? Bill is still alive but otherwise?

what did he mean by this?

hi

So not canon then?

I got the impression the Testimony/memory Bill had been extracted by travelling-with-Heather Bill since she mentions being with Heather.

God blacked Mary

What's /who/ with you? What Doctor Who media have you lately consumed?

Clara is confirmed already dead.

Bill and Nardole are more ambiguous but since Testimony can travel time and space, apparently, they're probably the memories of them in the future.

SOY MILK

I doubt that RTD will ever come back, but he was in position like this before. He wrote an episode for SJA (matt smith one) when Gareth and Phil Ford were showrunning the show.

The 1DAs.

>dr who

Guinness, what else

What story did you prefer out of the two?

>d*ctor who
what a cancerous shitstain of a show

I haven't listened to The Great White Hurricane yet I'm afraid. What about you?

Preparing for a 3.5e DnD game.

Gonna be a half-elf ranger.

If you don't stop posting, Dr Who will kill himself.

>Gareth and Phil Ford were showrunning the show.
RTD never stepped down, he was the one that decided to cancel the show after Sladen died.

All-Consuming Fire: great.
"Doctor Who and Sherlock Holmes meet lovecraftian monsters" seems a recipe for worthless pulp, and that's exactly what this is. But it's very well written worthless pulp.
First off, the book isn't afraid to give Holmes a few jabs, rather than treating him as an infallible deduction machine, and it brings him and Watson into darker places of Victorian London than Conan Doyle would have written about.
The Doctor starts off almost as an intruder in a Holmes story, but as the situation grows stranger he gradually assumes control. In fact, Holmes is arguably a bit too sidelined at the end. Benny and Ace come into the story later on, but they're well written, especially in their interactions with Watson. The book itself is written as a mix of Watson recounting events like in a Conan Doyle book, Benny writing in her diary and interludes from Ace's POV.
I've noticed that people seem to reserve praise for the Victorian parts and regard the ones on the alien planet as less good. I disagree. Lane is a very good sci-fi writer, and he manages to come up with an alien ecosystem that is very weird and at the same time scientifically plausible. If only Doctor Who writers used their imagination like that a bit more often. In fact, this is probably the best thing about All-Consuming Fire: from Victorian London to India to Ry'leh, all the settings come alive on the page. Only the final "elder god" is a bit of a disappointment once the truth about it is revealed.
"All-Consuming Fire" is exactly what I expected it to be: a fun adventure, always moving at a nice pace and never boring. 8/10.

Pretty average writer who mostly functions on autopilot but can sometimes come up with interesting things.

Overall thoughts on Andy Lane?

I wish she would just go to iran or something and get stoned until she regenerates into something reasonable

True enough, but that was still a show based on his ideas in a way Doctor Who isn't anymore.

But he gave them full creative freedom.

More canon than Moffat's run.

From what I've seen so far, one of the best Doctor Who EU writers when it comes to doing two very different things: Victoriana and hard SF. Which is probably why he came up with ACF.

Moffat asked RTD back every series.

RTD ain't coming.

Source?

Wouldn't that start to look a bit pathetic after about series 7?

Both stories are fine, but personally i prefer stories where the Doctor is more active and more involved with the plot, which he doesn't actually do that much in the second story

Also i enjoyed the setting of the first story, had a 50s- 60s feel imo, and i had a vision of the city having a retro-futuristic aesthetic in my head.

you underestimate my power

He is coming back for minisode with McGann and you know it.

Fair enough. I'm still super intrigued what could RTD write as a guest writer.

>RTD will shit up Series 11

GO AWAY REEEEEEEE

>implying Chibnall won't do the shitting up
>implying a good RTD ep wouldn't be a relief compared to him

>a good RTD ep
uhh

Why did Jack stand on the rooftops for no reason?

because hes an absolute madman hahahahaha

desu he might come back to write the first female doctor

MARCO

POLO

WHEN

What are your honest thoughts on Liam Catterson?

If you were immortal, wouldn't you? I'd probably drink household chemicals just to see how they taste, immolating myself thereafter to spare myself the vomiting.

is this the correct way to contract cancer?