Why do shows keep showing their characters having huge New York apartments when millenials are paying almost $2000 a...

Why do shows keep showing their characters having huge New York apartments when millenials are paying almost $2000 a month for 250 sq ft?

Other urls found in this thread:

glassdoor.com/Salaries/ups-driver-salary-SRCH_KO0,10.htm
ranker.com/list/famous-people-from-new-jersey/reference
twitter.com/AnonBabble

New York City is a horrible place. Tourists everywhere you look, piss and shit all over the ground, homeless refugees from all over begging for change to get high, overpriced everything (2 dollars for a pack of gum what the fuck?!). Does anyone actually like being here? Besides people making more than 70k a year I mean.

Logistically speaking, it's easier to film in a large apartment.

>Besides people making more than 70k a year I mean.

That's really easy to do when you work in a not suburban shithole, user

I grew up here.

It's not a matter of liking it, just liking everywhere else even less

Fuck off

I don’t know what you’re talking about, user. It’s a fantastic place to visit.

>It’s a fantastic place to visit.
Exactamundo

>he doesn't know about grandparents having rent control

This.

>Besides people making more than 70k a year I mean.
so poor people?

>he doesn't know about grandparents having rent control
And that explains why there's so many criminal youths in the city: They live with their granny in a rent controlled apartment.

To trick dumb millenials into wanting to live out there and slave away to be able to live their fictional lifestyle.

didn't seinfeld start this? It's just an easy place to have all the characters together and you can put whatever clutter you want in the background to make it recognizable

>$2300/month

But wasn‘t Jerry just being Jerry Seinfeld, the (in the 90s) somewhat well off comedian? It‘s at least imagineable that he can afford the place, compared to shit like King of Queens where a delivery driver and a secretary can afford a big ass house together.

New york is cleaner than every other major city I've visited except Chicago, and that's only including downtown Chicago, if you go to West or South Chicago it's like a 3rd world country
LA and San Francisco in particular are homeless-filled cesspools by comparison

The Odd Couple probably did. It's literally a show about two guys attempting to cohabit an apartment in NYC.

I assume he has to share the kitchen and bathroom with five other people.

Going to any minority-laden district of a major metropolitan area is disgusting, user.

>television and movies should be 100% factual descriptions of the real world

>where a delivery driver and a secretary can afford a big ass house together.

With their combined income, they would have no problem affording that house in the late 90's early 00's.

that is absolutely not true.

>descriptions

Yes it is.

Same why movies show successful 25 year old yuppies while most people in real life suffers from depression and self hate in their 20s and only get their life somewhat controlled after their mid twenties.
Movies are fiction, they either show a unrealistic bright world or a dystopia, simply because actual life is boring as fuck.

Showing happy yuppies and the environment they live in is not the same as showing minimum wage scum living in palaces

Average salary for UPS delivery driver is a little over 50 thousand. Average Salary for a secretary is around 35 thousand. That's well above the national median income for a single household.

Acshually the average salary for a UPS driver is 45k.

This. I love NYC but really only because I've tried other places and I just can't fucking do it.

If you were born here (and I mean New York proper, none of this long island or upstate gay shit) you really can't do well anywhere else.

New York turns you into a really specific person.

but can't you be king shit at any of those other places if you are from New York and have that "New York attitude" that a lot of businesses need?

Now check the average salaries in the late 90s to early 00s

Representations

I like how this is the Brooklyn apartment of two waitresses that live in perpetual absurd poverty and the furniture is supposed to reflect what lowlives they are but the place is gigantic

90% of tv characters are from upper middle class to rich families.

Now check house prices when they would've bought the house.

huh the more you know

Where is bald assertion poster?!!

I went to college in Florida. Everybody sucks your dick and thinks your cool or intimidating but the lifestyle itself is unbearable. Everything is slow, the people are way too friendly and odd, if I want food at 2AM I gotta fuckin drive for an hour and pray I find a place open. It's shit like that.

That's probably because most directors and producers came from an already rich background and have no clue how is life for a non wealthy person.
Best example for that is Terence Malick, the guy used to direct one movie every 10 years or so and did nothing between it, he always made movies, if they play in modern life, about rich people and rich people problems, he doesn't know it better because he was born in wealth.

>if I want food at 2AM I
what the fuck dude just cook something if you get hungry at 2AM.

ITT: 20 year olds talking about the 90's.

Not according to the page I just looked at. Unfortunately, the page is now locking out information unless I sign in. According to this other site, the average salary is even higher at 65,000

glassdoor.com/Salaries/ups-driver-salary-SRCH_KO0,10.htm

Regardless, even if he's at the lower end pulling in 45, that still puts their household income well over the national average.

To be fair here they save on heating costs and the expense of a second bedroom by snuggling together

yeah but I'm also used to having options.

If I don't have food in my house here, I can order or walk to a bodega or get McDonald's or some shit.

Down there I'm shit out of luck.

isn't one of them rich, and the other moonlights as a hooker?

hahaha, my bathroom is this big and I also have 3 more rooms and a kitchen, and a 2nd bath(guest bath) and I pay 300 a month

And no, I do not live in a 50soul village.

>yeah but I'm also used to having options.
You sound like an overgrown baby. I am used to having options as well (I'm not from New York but about 30 minutes away, could drive five minutes and find an all night diner or fast food joint) and even I realize that it is better to make food that you already bought yourself. Unless of course mommy and daddy pay for your food.

Would love to live in a 50 souls village but got cucked by the engineering sector

Florida McDonald's aren't open at 2am?

The show actually addresses this in that the place is condemned and she's living there illegally

I went in the last spring early summer and it smelt like garbage.

He probably doesn't drive being from New York and all.

I think the solution is to just delete New York and all you retards.

>scene in NYC apartment building
>every apartment has a poor african or spic family in it that can barely speak english
how do these people even survive?

>All those people looking for homes shows on TV
>Every single one is someone looking at a house that's $500k+
>Never showing anything an average middle class person could afford

Rent control and/or section 8 housing.

>this random hostility

There's nothing overgrown babyish about craving shit food at night, or running out of food in your house. No shit I have food now, but back in college when you lived with four other guys you didn't always have food in your house. Don't be a fucking retard and use your brain.

>unless of course mommy and daddy pay for it

I don't even talk to my parents anymore, I live on my own. You got any more retarded claims you wanna make or you think you finished sperging out for the day?

New York sucks. New Jersey is better.

>New Jersey

you guys are a fucking dumpster fire.

not even the new york user lmao

>not even the new york user lmao
So you're just irrelevant.

Is paying rent the ultimate cuckoldry? If you're "off the grid" do you still pay a land and property tax? Is there a way to uncuck yourself or are you eternally enslaved to the gubment for abiding your existence?

>New Jersey

Now I understand the hostility.

Always gotta be jealous instead of the better state.

>Always gotta be jealous instead of the better state.
Thanks for acknowledging New Jersey is the better state.

>I don't even talk to my parents anymore.
That's not good. Why not?

he's from New York. they don't give a shit about family values there.

>tfw 20+ living in nyc and still live with my parents

this city is such a meme, I don't know how outside of robbing a bank I'd be able to get a decent place here

You guys have jack shit. Your bad neighborhoods are shittier than ours, your good neighborhoods are shittier than ours, your accents are shittier than ours. You have zero claims to fame, are irrelevant in the geopolitical landscape and are infested with the worst kinds of wops.

Your obese beanbag chair of a mayor is only inches better than deblasio, I'll give you that.

I can drive an hour and be in NYC and I still never go. Cities overall are trashheaps and I'll never understand the appeal.

>You have zero claims to fame
ranker.com/list/famous-people-from-new-jersey/reference
>Your obese beanbag chair of a mayor is only inches better than deblasio
That's fucking generous of you! Bill "I love Muslims, Blacks, and Fuck the PoPo" Deblasio is a disaster on wheels.

Dad died 4 years ago and my mom became a crazy bitch after it, fell off the grid. I still talk to both of my uncles constantly though, so ignore the jealous user from Jersey making shit up about family values.

There is no appeal, New Yorkers are just born with this smug attitude like they're better than everyone else solely because they were born in New York. So when they move somewhere affordable and everyone doesn't treat them like a god because they're from NY they move back and circlejerk each other about living in NY. It's a big mass hysteria bubble.

Australian here

This attitude is what makes Americans in general look like dickheads worldwide

Seriously, "no claims to fame"? Who gives a shit? Your head is so far up your arse you probably kiss your dinner goodnight

>people are way too friendly
Northeasterners and Jew Yorkers, everyone.

EMU
M
U

I bet you're a filthy nsw mexicunt.
Everyone knows qld is the best fucking state in the country, and that Melbourne and Sydney deserve to be wiped out.

> see, it's the same shit here

>character works in a gift shop
>lives in an 8 foot wide, 24 foot long metal box in a trailer park
Bryan Fuller getting it right

>ignored everything else
>has a fucking list ready
>the list has people like Derek Jeter, who only became famous BECAUSE of New York

Real nice case you're arguing here, retard!

I'd post the new york list so you can see a real list, but it's saying its spam.

>what deblasio nigger lover wahh

Nobody here likes him, even other democrats. But you know who a lot of people, your cheesecake loving mayor including, like? Trump.

You know where he's from?

A relevant state.

Yeah and a shoe salesman making minimum wage can afford pic related.

Haha, buy groceries you absolute child

Christie is the governor, you fucking retard. And he's out soon. For all the hate you idiots (and New Yorkers are idiots) claim to have for DeBlasio you are stuck with him for years. Enjoy.

Everyone knows QLD, NSW and Vic are wannabe Americans. They even have Americanised accents, it's crazy.

Get out of my fuckin city you Brooklyn spic.
I bet you fuck hookers in Harlem like some kinda fuckin aids lovin nigger, you fuckin degenerate

Was pretty reasonable for the time. I dated a girl around 2000 and her dad was a mall shoe salesman and her mom's job wasn't much better. They had a big three bedroom four floor home in Md. It's about buying at the right place and time. Unfortunately that time will never come again.

Nobody here talks like that except obnoxious fuckwits, that's exactly what I'm talking about

Apparently NYC is an entire city full of obnoxious fuckwits who think that the relative economic importance of their city somehow rubs off on them

yeah you're right he is the governor idk why my retarded ass kept saying mayor.

Regardless, I love the "ignore everything else in the post but the small shit i can maybe argue against" posting style. Very jewish, very Jersey.

> perthnigger
How's the mining going for you, poof.
> qld
> Americanised accent
Get fucked mate

I reckon it's the close proximity to each other and the high jew population that does it to them.

>tfw living in a 1000 square foot apartment in thr Oregon desert for $450 a month

Just gotta get used to the methheads.

Haha yeah those gay friendly idiots amirite
>Files lawsuit because your arm brushed against him while holding the door open for him

What else did you say? That our worst cities are worse than your worst cities? By what metric are you basing that on? Camden is a shithole, sure, but have you been to Queens recently? East New York is a fucking ghetto. We can go tit for tat any day of the week and I will still be in the state with better parking, more beaches, actual forest reservations, and a bunch of faggotty tourists like you coming to watch the leaves change color in September.

>can't cook
>afraid of others being friendly
And this is why people hate New Yorkers.

>ignoring how the Jersey poster was aggressive for no reason initially
>ignoring how the Jersey poster started with the better state shit

I mean they're both retards but let's not point fingers at one you emu fearing cunt.

>tfw you cried when 9/11 happened but now you cry because 9/11 only happened once

>city guessing

Please stop with the bloke character. You're from an urbanised place, you only know Australiam slang from movies.

>I'm not the New York user I swear
uh huh

that's what LA soyboys get from "muh big bad traffic I'm gonna move to NYC it's gonna be great"

LA always was and will be superior

My best guess was the bad traffic, yours might be better

I live in SD and used to love LA, but I hate it a little more every time I visit. 2/3 people are spics or niggers, just completely worthless people. Sure the city has some of the best places on the west coast, but they're few and far between. Too many shitty tourists and homeless as well. Unless you're a millionaire, it's like why even bother

I have met a few New Yorkers and none of them could shut up about NYC being the best place in the world, the user in this thread is part of a pattern