What is Leia a princess of? Shouldn’t she be a queen now?

What is Leia a princess of? Shouldn’t she be a queen now?

Also, does this mean Luke is a prince?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elective_monarchy
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_Celchu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Does that mean darth vador was a king?

Wasn't she Princess of the planet that got blown up in IV?

She shouldn’t be a princess any more then?

Can’t be king of France if France dissapears

She is a "PRINCESS" because she is a woman, and all women are beautiful AND powerful. Get it right shitlord.

she looks kinda hot in that picture

It's a title of respect, kinda like how all previous presidents are still called Mr. President even though they havent been for years

His adoptive father Bail Organa was Prince of
Alderaan. After his death she would have ascended to head of the House of Organa. But then Tarkin blew the planet to kingdom come so there is nothing of what she could be a princess.

What was Leia's tax policy as Princess?

Did you lot even watch the film? She's General Leia Organa now. This is even addressed in TFA.

He wuz a kang.

serves them right for being pacifists

She was princess of Aldeeraan in IV as the daughter of the Organas. Then she maintained the title in V due to respect by her peers. Then they revealed she was only adopted into house Organa in VI and was actually a Skywalker which is weird because why bother having a monarchy based on lineage when adoption is a factor.

Then it turns out she really WAS a princess anyway despite being adopted because Padme was queen of Naboo in I. But not really, because then in II they reveal "queens" of Naboo are elected and not based on lineage and they even have terms in office, which makes them decidedly not actually queens.

So she's a princess but not really but yes really but not really

It was her turn.

pottery at its finest

She was still called princess in ESB and ROTJ though

Why did the rebels make pretty much everybody a general/admiral? Fucking Lando became a general, and his main feat was to sell out Luke to the empire.
Only main character who wasn't a general at the end of RotJ iirc was Han, and that was because he refused the title.

>Sup Forumstards can't stop posting about Hillary
RENT FREE

what?

This man get it
In episode IV Lucas literally made a fantasy setting in space so a princess was a thing needed.
In the prequels he want to connect Padme to Leia so here we go another princess/queen. But still, being a monarchy is evil or sth in Lucas mind and DEMOCRACY IS AWESOME FUCK YEAH MURRICA, and fuck Bush too so they elected the queen which make no sense.

She was a princess on the planet Alderaan until it got blowd up by vader in a new hope. Now she's just some random general bitch.

Leia is princess of Alderaan by virtue of being the adopted daughter of the queen, and also princess of Naboo because she's Padme's biological daughter.

Well they're in short of named characters so they have to grab whoever available.

That reminds me what the fuck happen to Naboo after the prequels?

It's just like my Chinese cartoons

I remember him being called General Solo though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elective_monarchy

Probably nothing. I imagine since it was Sheev's home planet he didn't pacify the fuck out of it like other planets.

It was actually a dig at her because she was such a entitled bitch.

>the candidates were typically only from the family of the deceased monarch
So must be a lineage
Also it only after the king/queen is dead, not some kind of terms in office

thats why they call her general now instead of princess

Monarchy's can adopt. Hell, that's the whole point of adoption. You adopt someone in to the family. Fuck, its space royalty anyway. They can do whatever they want.

wait so Naboo was responsible for a fucking sith emperor and the reason for a fallen Jedi turned into a sith lord?

pretty sure in his case there's a saiyan law stating if the king gets beaten in single combat, the victor is the new king
so in his case it's much safer to remain prince than to risk Kakarot getting the crown.

>.t SEETHING Hillary voter

>no wall
>no obamacare repeal
>had to dissolve election fraud committee because nothing was being found
>just passed good goy tax cuts but still hated by the majority of the country
>Bannon says me and my family are going to jail
>Sessions still recused, refuses to quit
>Russia is not going away
>Assad is still in power
>Kim is still in power
>Tried to back Iranian people but their hatred for me ended up solidifying the government's rule
>fat as fuck with medical evaluation coming up
>book just revealed how I don't even sleep in the same bed as melania, she's probably getting secret service dick
>barron is probably not even my son
>my lawyers are lying to me
>people are still leaking
>every one of my allies calls me fucking idiot behind my back
>Hatch is retiring despite my best efforts
>lost a senate seat in Alabama
>Romney is going to win in Utah
>I have to cave on DACA
>Mueller still indicting people and there is nothing I can do
>people starting to question my mental health
>tried to look tough on North Korea but everyone keeps laughing at me
>can't even read breitbart anymore without being driven to tears
has there ever been a more JUSTed president?

wow you sound upset

no u

Wrong, it was literally the first planet he ordered to be attacked in Operation Cinder.

>so they elected the queen which make no sense
Plenty of historical kingdoms have elected kings via vote.

>it's a "Star Wars treats entire planets like countries" episode

>Lando became a general, and his main feat was to sell out Luke to the empire.

First interaction of Han and Lando in ROTJ, paraphrased:

"So you're a general now, eh?"
"Somebody must have told them about my victory at the battle of Tanaab..."
"Not be buddy, I swear!"

Another example of the great worldbuilding in Star Wars which is completely absent from the sequel trilogy.

He definitely was a general in ESB, he might still have been in ROTJ, but he defintely stepped down inbetween the battle of Endor and the Thrawn Trilogy (that means it's non-canon). What he did in the TFA timeline, I don't know.

Well, similar dialogue is basically given to justify Holdo's position in TLJ, Poe mumbles something about "That's Holdo!? From the battle of Oomaahgoomablah? I'd expected someone else..."
And Kylo is characterised as "Master of the Knights of Ren" by Snoke, indicating that he leads a seemingly powerful chivalric order.
Lando however demonstrates he earned his title fair and square when he takes down the second Death Star with Wedge and Nien Numb, while Holdo and Kylo turn out to not be worthy of their appraisal.

Holdo took down the Supremacy all by herself, I'd say she earned it.

She sacrificed herself after being stuck up and unlikeable and only after her plan went pear-shaped when the first two traits led to a mutiny, and the mutineers' plan inadvertently lead to more casualties than intended. She had already planned in sacrificing herself, mind you. By staying behind and flying straight. The FTL ram only crossed her mind as she saw the transports being bombarded.

Basically, her lack of interpersonal skills (insulting Poe) and her lacking skills in leadership (at least lock the uppity pilot up temporarily if you don't want to share plans for security reasons because you outrank him! He's dangerous and prone to rash decisions, you said so yourself, and the crew likes him! Or maybe reassure him that you're following a plan devised by Leia!) lead to catastrophe.

Oh you know, they've got those nifty stun blasters everyone forgot about after Episode IV. Just stun Poe until you all reach the salt planet.

That was pretty fucked up to be honest. Blowing up a whole planet?
Can you imagine being Leia in that position? All her family, all her childhood friends, all blown the fuck out. And yet after, she gathers strength to continue fighting the empire with the help of her friends.

He was a general because he was leading one of the fronts of the battle, right?

It's a shame we didn't get to see more of Naboo. I mean, Padmé, Sheev and Jar Jar come from there, and it's a beautiful place. I guess no one cares.

There were a fair number of people who weren't on Alderaan at the time. Some of them even worked for the Empire so you can imagine what a bad taste that left in their mouth. Holdo is actually one of Leia's childhood friends from Alderaan which probably has to do with why they kept stroking each other's hands in the movie. I think Holdo was meant to be a replacement for an EU character named Winter, because for all the complaints about the EU sucking Disney loves just reusing ideas directly from it.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_Celchu

Correct. He was leading a suicide mission and had previous experience at management. It was like Japan at the end of WWII giving one of their last leiutenants the rank of general over a squad of kamikazi fighters.

She's even the one to comfort Luke after Obi-Wan is slain by Vader. The Shakespeare parody points this out.

Leia: He weeps but for a person: Obi-Wan.
I weep for a whole planet: Alderaan.

Princess is her first name

It's rumored that the IX location in Scotland will be a return to Naboo.

Holdo is from a different planet but there is a Alderaanian character in the novel Lost Stars who is dedicated to the Empire.

DAS RITE!

Prima nocta in all attractive chads in her planet.

lol trump

Women can't be villains because they can't do anything wrong. Except for vote for trump so I guess they can be villains.

>now let's have a villain
but there's been female villains before
or is this specifically about a Star Wars MOVIE villain?

It's a fucking fantasy film. Fuck off.

>be officer cadet
>have to go through asskissing just to get into officer school
>become a new officer
>get bullied and made fun of by enlisted personnel until you hit captain or equivalent
>some dude and their friends show up
>they instantly become generals

Pretty much this
And in the queen can only hold two terms of four years... hmmm, where have I heard this before?
Poland-Lithuania
That’s pretty much it.
You’d think people would stop trying to hide somewhere other than tattooine
Don’t think resistance movements work that way.

How quickly they forget Phasma and Zam Wesell. Then again, they didn't so anything worth shit with my chrome-clad giantess.

George Lucas wanted a female Twi'lek Sith as the villain.

Her mother renounced the title of queen.
Therefore she is a titular princess but not a queen. Also her planet got blown up so she can't be crowned so there's that

>Phasma
Honestly Phasma's use in this series was so bad I'm okay with axting like she dosen't exist

>Zam Wesell
Movie wise she was a nameless assasin who turned out to be some sort of alien frog monster the one time you saw her face.

Tell that to """""Judge""""" Roy Moore.

she was the adopted daughter of king bail organa of alderaan but alderaan got rekt so she isn't really a princess of anything anymore

>Movie wise she was a nameless assasin who turned out to be some sort of alien frog monster the one time you saw her face.
Even if you're just going by the movies, Zam was clearly a shapeshifter who took human form as a disguise but reverted to her alien form when she was killed by Jango.