New 52 Wonder Woman Volume 2: Guts

Is Azzarello's run the Hush of WW comics? Find out more inside!

Volume 1 - Blood:

I almost called this volume GATSU instead.

Admittedly, Hush has almost every Batman character that existed back then in it while Azz's run has fuck-all actual Wondy characters...

>Is Azzarello's run the Hush of WW comics?
Yes, in that I have no strong desire to read either

>Is Azzarello's run the Hush of WW comics? Find out more inside!
>Overrated shit with decent art
Sounds right

Chiang can draw circles around Lee though. And I have enjoyed some Azz comics, whereas I've only liked THE Loeb comic.

>Is Azzarello's run the Hush of WW comics?
But Hush is Batman 101 whereas Azz's run changed so much shit a lot of it is unrecognizable from before

Shit man I remember this in Attack of the Clones.

Yeah, the comparison was mostly going for the "casual friendly comic most new readers see as THE definitive take". But mostly I just wanted to rustle some jimmies again.

I think I'm one of the most unashamed Azzfags on this board, I've enjoyed and defended numerous times stuff like CAGE of his Hellblazer run, and I love his WW to fucking bits...

And even I can admit this shit with the amazons was all sorts of retarded.

I mean talk about going too far in one direction... I'm sure we can find a decent middle ground between sparkling utopia or tiaras and filthy murder pirate hookers.

Someone liked Cage? Huh.

His Banner was neat, I loved the ending

Yep, and the middle ground is one is Paradise Island, one is Bana-Mighdall

>Someone liked Cage? Huh.
Guilty.

Best Wondy armor by far, way better than that golden chicken shit from Kingdom Come.

This cover made sooooooo many people rage back in the day

The thing that annoys me is the disconnect between Diana and Hippolyta, who are shown as nice, and the rest of the amazons, which are shown as absolute bitches.

Hate Tomasi's portrayal of Wonder Woman in SM/WW all you want, i know i do, but his portrayal of her in that made sense given the way the amazons and their culture is shown here.

Seriously, there's no explanation for why Diana is so generic nice. Even Azz excuse that she was bullied by the other amazons for the clay story doesn't make much sense.

It made me rage that she doesn't actually do any of that... way too many of Chiang's covers were damn lies.

is that a sword that can cut atoms?

Some people are just born nice, user :^)

Fuck off Waid, only Excalibur can do that, ree

Yup. Of course this isn't mentioned in this arc, because this is a WW book, but in SM/WW? Yeah, Diana referenced the sword Hephaestus gave her in this arc and the fact it can cut atoms, just like the one in Kingdom Come.

Man, I really dislike that design for Hades...

That's one of the most retarded ways of holding a sledge when blacksmithing I've ever seen
Cliff Chiang really needs to step up his game and actually do some research on subjects he obviously has absolutely zero knowledge of

To be fair, it looks really dramatic that way

I agree, the exaggerated pose really does a good job at conveying that emotion
but if he had just tweaked the angle of the head it wouldn't have looked like Wondy is about to strike with the side of the sledge

Okay, that's pretty cool.