Reminder

reminder

What's with the white space at the bottom?

Agreed, that white space is not okay.

No, its not.
It's an insult to the audience and the fans of the OT and of mark hamill and yoda and ackbar and so on etc
Its the worst snuff film to ever be released.

If you were actually a fan of the OT you would see that it is the opposite of an insult. The Last Kino is the first brainlet-filter in the SW canon.

*sigh*

>The Last Kino
>brainlet
>SW canon.
90's born queers everyone

There are good parts and bad parts just like the prequels. At the end of the day, Star Wars is fantasy space capeshit garbage, always was and always will be. True fans know the films are shit and the only good things about Star Wars are the other mediums (TCW, video games, comics and books)

>tfw TLJ is going to become the new BvS

I just rewatched Return of the Jedi last night, and TLJ is easily ahead of it. Third best SW movie, especially after the dumpster fire that was TFA.

Calling the mods.

Reporting your post to Huffington Post, Slate, Salon and CNN.

You're dead, kiddo.

I didn't like it, at all.
Is that ok?

It was a bad movie. That's all. I'm no Autist who cares about canon and shit like that, I really don't give two fucks about muh Star Wars lore, but Jesus Christ that flick sucked ass. I didn't even hate the entire Luke plot of him living in isolation, it was fine to me but executed so fucking badly, I've seen low budget student films more interesting than this. I can't like it.

you know a film is truly kino when the best praise it gets is, "Sure it has its flaws, but PERSONALLY I liked it!"

There's is no such thing as an objectively perfect movie.

You racist son of a bitch!

that would depend on what the definition of "OK" is

It's ok to eat pineapple on pizza too. But the person doing it does not have good taste.

>"Sure it has its flaws, but PERSONALLY I liked it!"
What is every Star Wars movie ever

Hey OP, how is it going, is the Mouse firing people yet? Here, your pasta:

Listen you idiots The Last Jedi sucked. But it did not suck because of all this alt-right/neo-nazi garbage. It sucked because:
1. The plot was a modern corporate “set-piece” showcase that made up “cool scenes” and wrote a story around them instead of creating a plot that could generate excitement through it’s narrative.
2. Rey is bad not because she’s a powerful competent women, she’s boring because she is a generic paint by numbers “insert-here” protagonist meant to be as inoffensive as possible so no possible merchandising demographic would not like her.
3. Finn had a good arc in The Force Awakens. Shame then that he apparently forgot it all between movies and repeated it all this movie. That why he was so pointless, not cause he’s black.
4. Canto Bight is a thirty minute waste of time that does not effect the plot. It has no “anti-capitalist message” it has a toothless “hurr greed bad” message.
5. Holdo is a bad character because she is a walking plot device that makes decisions only so others have to take action. She was created backwards. Where they wanted Poe to learn a lesson about “not being a hot-head” but didn’t want him to actually do something wrong because then the audience wouldn’t like him (and buy his merchandise). therefore she makes contradictory and nonsensical moves because she isn’t a character, but a plot-object. None of this has to do with her purple hair (it’s space, some planets have weird hair) or being a woman.
6. Hyperspace ramming as elaborated in detail elsewhere invalidates the entire franchise.
7. Luke had all his character development from a whole trilogy wiped out. All so they could do a cliche “fed-up with life kung-fu master” cliche who then dies from thinking too hard.
cont.

8. The First Order are illogical, apparently they built a fleet and accompanying super weapons as big as the Galactic Empires without having a galaxy or empire to fund and build them. Somehow the entire galaxy is fine with them rolling up and taking charge without so much as a shrug because they blew up one system with a weapon they no longer have. The OT empire was well presented in how they ruled and operated the galaxy even in A New Hope. The First Order has no characterization beyond “remember the Empire?” Nothing the First Order does is even remotely related to the Republican party, their pretty generic space facists. They never rant about immigration or healthcare or really anything political other than the same "We hate Freedom" that the original Empire did, and they have a diverse multi-racial and gender equal approach to evil, more so even than the original. Unless you think being obvious pulp-Nazi stand-ins is an accurate depiction of the GOP they're pretty toothless when it comes to current political commentary.
9. Snoke is stupid, lots of critics claim “we knew nothing about the Emperor” but the viewer had no preconceived knowledge about the Star Wars universe in the original films. It stands to reason that powerful characters existed, unknown to the viewer.
In the new trilogy, the universe is established, The evil was the Empire, Vader and the Emperor. For a character of Snokes immense power to exist is contradictory. It requires an explanation. And for characters such as Luke and Leia to refer to him by name, on multiple occasions, and for others such as Rey to never question this, is disconcerting, unnatural and entirely immersion breaking.
cont.

10. Bad costume design, In the OT and PT everyone has a unique look and silhouette that is both easy to pick out in a crowd and memorable. From the Rebels on the Tantive IV to the Tatooine/Jedi robe look, to the Naboo guard outfits, to the Troopers in the Hoth Trenches. None of the costumes in The Last Jedi do this. I couldn't tell you what most main characters wore much less the extras. Everything is so generic and uninspired you could use it in another movie and no one would notice they were reusing Star Wars costumes.
11. All the ships and vehicles are just the original trilogies with some extra lines painted on. Both the prequels and Rogue One managed to have designs that were simultaneously unique looking but still thematically similar to the original movies. everything save the salt-speeders is just a repainted original with some flaps.
12. Finally It's funny hearing people complain about "fanboys" wanting TLJ to be a retread when TLJ dedicates it's entire runtime to nullifying any changes to the story since ANH. It has been 35 years in-universe and everything is now at exactly the same point it was during ANH, Empire has uncontested rule of the galaxy, Scrappy rebels (They even change their name from Resistance to Rebels in the third act!), Dark Lord ruling the aforementioned Empire, One half-trained Jedi to keep on the Orders legacy (which has been otherwise wiped out), and so-on. The entire original trilogy might as well not have happened now because the universe has been reset to a merchandise friendly timeless limbo.

If you're still triggered about hyperspace ramming you're a fucking retard. It was a suicide mission using the rebel FLAG SHIP. You realize it doesn't invalidate shit prior right?

>You realize it doesn't invalidate shit prior right?
Yes it does, shill. Yes it does

Dont worry, just gotta wait till the next SW flick hits and Sup Forums will without doubt unironically proclaim TLJ the last good SW and truly a kino of its time.

fuck off disney cuck

A bald assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

Not an argument