Why did sheev make his droid army so cute and like able?

Why did sheev make his droid army so cute and like able?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LaK6ZlicwZE
youtube.com/watch?v=cK5zMDVGF2Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who was Roger?

Why did Sheev make robots that think out loud?

the yellow head one. hes the droid version of the yellow chuck clone trooper guy

Sheev's nickname

he cheaped out on the ai
whole point of the droid army is cheap and quick to produce. victory through numbers
robotic communist ant army

i thought it was sneev

*blocks your path*

Wait a minute, how did this happen? We're smarter than this!

You press the stop button?

I kinda wish someone would turn one into a C3 kind of character.

Why didn't they just constantly deploy these against the Jedi?

Why didn't any Jedi just force push them into orbit?

Why don't the siths just rip of the eyeballs of their enemies with the force ?

What do you think sheev does on the weekend?

Sheev's Sneev and Feev

>yellow chuck
?

How smart do you have to be to avoid an invisible prison?

I don't think it was Sheev who built the droid army in the first place.
Plausible head canon theory: they were originally police droids programmed to be polite and nonthreatening, hastily reprogrammed by the Trade Federation to be soldiers because they couldn't build a proper droid army in time.
Real explanation: probably Lucas being cute / selling toys.

That would have been pretty good to see. R rated star wars when?

Are you fucking crazy?
B1 are what happens when you kill a nemodian and forget to put him in the fridge.
Their body withers and remains of the brain flow down into back of the head, causing it to sag behind neck.
They're fucking monstrous. It's an army made out of not so fresh corpses.
You guys disgust me.

Droidekas were created by the Collicoid Creator Nest, an arachnid species that was a subcontractor of the Trade Federation. All the collicoid droids have insectoid or aracnoid features. (Droid starfighters, droidekas, those walkers from Ep II, etc.)

formerly plagueis

Umm, they were actually created by Trump you bigot fuck

The droid army was way better than the other mooks

Collicoids were also famous for their unique defense mechanism.
When face with danger they curled down and rolled away from the danger. The process was almost subconscious and could be triggered by specific stimuli, such as images of predators from their homeworld.

I really dig the idea of aliens making droids in their likeness just like C3PO is stylised after human.

species full of three legged trashcans when?

It's the trade federation army. Capitalist fucks always cutting costs.

So thats the power of captialism.......woah

Not Sheevs army. CIS army.

This is something that's bothered me. The force seems like it could have been used so much more creatively than just pushing people and throwing stuff.
Things like mind tricks to trick your opponent to fight a phantom of you during a duel or make them think you have friend sneaking up on them, swiping their legs, attacking internal organs or genitals, amplifying your voice to shock them, use it to wield additional lightsabers a-la grievous or Darth Traya.

I get the appeal of the samurai duel style in the original trilogy, but with all the acrobatics and shit that came with the old republic and prequels you'd think they would get a bit more creative or just having fun with it.

He didn't. The Shatnarians or w/e did. And they were basically space Japs. Japs love robots/mecha and kawaii shit.

It's about honor. Also in the videogames Jedi/SIth have resistance to force powers so you can't just magic them to death.

they're fucking expensive m8, what are they made of money?

You're a fucking liar
That's OOM-9

Lucas probably wanted to keep it somewhat subtle so that it doesn't devolve into anime or superhero style powerlevel spam.
It can albo be chalked up to jedi having moral qualms about using force when not needed and most force users learn to defend from enemy force powers early on, making them mostly irrelevant during duels between force users.

>Amplifying your voice to shock them
Sheev did that.

Sheev?

>sith
>honor
choose 1

But they're all controlled by a satellite. They can just communicate there. Adding a speaker and speech synthesizer is literally more expensive. Star wars "lore" is retarded.

They need a speaker to be able to address people.

What bothers me is the "force power creep". In the originals the force was more subtle, you could push people, force choke them, use the force to guide your aim or mind trick people, but it wasn't an OP Godlike power. Palpatine's force lightning was a unique ability he had on account of being such a powerful force user. But even then force powers were a rare event, you could only call on the force at critical times.

Then on the prequels we got the first power creep, the force became this powerful telekinetic ability, Anakin would abuse it even to cut fruit, Jedi and Sith both became more OP and relying on the force much more.

And now with Mouse Wars it has basically turned into capeshit in space, Jedi and Sith are basically superheros that can survive in space, force choke people millions of miles away, project themselves out of thin air and basically do impossible superhero things.

It sucks because it takes a lot of the merit from the characters. Vader originally got his position from being a brilliant military tactician and lightsaber duelist who was also exceptional with the force but it did not define his character.

Instead, Kylo is some stupid brat who only got his position because he was born with exceptional force powers, he's basically an OP DBZ villiain... shit sucks.

>Palpatine's force lightning was a unique ability he had on account of being such a powerful force user.
And it was great. Came out of nowhere and made you realize why everyone was so terrified of this feeble old man. Now everyone does it.

Vader was not actually in the empire, he was only in command because of Sith nepotism.

Yeah but he had other qualities aside from his force powers. He was a smart tactician and a great duelist.

Kylo is just your typical capeshit villiain.

>Sheev
>Dooku
>Everybody

Vader seemed like some quasi-noble the way they addressed him as a lord desu

And Snoke. And everyone and their mother in the EU. It's a common enough technique that Yoda knows how to defend against it.

The only thing more retarded than that is getting upset over star wars lore.

I see no problem with Yoda being able to block force lightning. He's the grandmaster.

If we're talking the original trilogy, I'd agree with you, but everywhere else they took cheap shots. We've also seen force users get thrown and tricked all the time so that resistance only goes so far.

Agreed, we don't need that kind of shit in Star Wars.

I hate how the writers don't seem to understand the difference between skill and power when it comes to the force.
An example: Darth Traya's ability to wield three lightsabers at once with telekinesis is waaaay more impressive of a feat to me than Starkiller pulling a Star Destroyer down. Power in itself will never beat skill. I don't care if you can push planets around, I'm way more afraid of the Sith who can through medical expertise close heart valves, weaken or sever tendons and ligaments or just fucking telekinetically activate your lightsaber when you still have it on your belt and fuck your leg up.
If you don't know what he's targeting, it'll be hard as fuck to stop him.

>force ghost Yoda

I always thought this and that there were other lords like him.

It removes the mystery behind Sheev and makes him less threatening. Yoda should never have had long fight scenes at all.

I guess force aneurysm wouldnt look very cool on screen

>Blocks your communications

pssh nothin personnel kid

>Vader is actually better than most sith because he just puts a small amount of force around your esophagus to kill you

I actually like this.

Was the only person who outranked him Tarkin, other than Sheev?
Or did Vader just respect Tarkin?

Forgot pic.

>mfw

I don't think they were really formally in the same rank structure. It was just mutual respect.

Depends on how you do it. If in the fight between Kylo and Rey in VII she suddenly started bleeding from her nose and they showed her looking down and see him doing subtle motions with his hand that she had previously missed because she was focused on his saber it would have made him look like a much more of a threat.

This can't be happening...

Exactly. More often than not, the more subtle and simple a force trick is, the more scary it is.

t. has never watched scanners

A kommoonication disluption can-uh mean onry one ting!

So did Obi-Wan. It's actually the first time the Force is used in the series.

SUH

SHOOT THEM
ERR
OR SOEMTHING

Harro
We are Trade Federation
We totarry not Asian
Prease buy our products gweilo
Straight from Wenzh- I mean Utapau factorry
Very cheap very good product

Why did they have menacing robotic voices in TPM but goofy cartoon three stooges voices in ROTS?

>attacking internal organs
>amplifying your voice
This stuff happens in the 2003 show

>Lucas probably wanted to keep it somewhat subtle so that it doesn't devolve into anime or superhero style powerlevel spam.
Why do you think that? Considering force-jumps and force-speed was present since ESB, it's more likely that the crazy force stuff wasn't that much present because 4 out of the 5 jedi/sith back in the OT were decrepit old men.

Do neimodean women have sideways vagoos?

I dunno. You can see in TPM that under a good director the droids had the potential to be threatening antagonists. The sequence of them being brought up in the loaders and unfolding legion by legion is actually really cool before the gungans turn it into a huge joke.

THE TECHNO UNION

>Not a single droid that uses *UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ* sound blast to fuck clone shit up

youtube.com/watch?v=LaK6ZlicwZE
youtube.com/watch?v=cK5zMDVGF2Y

Really good shit. Not sure why they went the comedic route in 3. I guess they figured that the real story was the rise of the Empire so they didn't care much about the CIS aside from using them as comic relief.

to sell toys

ROTS was a very dark movie, they needed something to light up the mood.

Does LEGO still sell Clone Wars stuff or are kids now forced to suffered with OC donut steels of MouseWars?

A damn shame. Grievous deserved better than being an easily dispatched object of ridicule.

Yeah we saw the plinket reviews too

>But viceroy we cant just invade a planet to ask for less taxes
>Thats where you are wrong kiddo

Tarkin didn't outrank Vader technically. Tarkin just had more experience. It's like a guy could be King but still defer to his senior advisors.

While I have a lot of problems with episode one, the droids deploying with that music is easily one of my favorites

Why didn't the fish faggots just march at them before they deployed? Their shields look mobile

Because Sheev knew that being cute and likeable is the deadliest weapon. That is how he killed the republic and became the Senate.

This
Instead of the force the power should have been the sharingan

What the fuck are you on m8?

it happens with all sci-fi fantasy sequels. one-up-itis and deus ex machinas are really hard to avoid