senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
discord.gg/rXMbdqP
youtube.com/watch?v=5xPvvPTQaMI
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
issuu.com/saw08
my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-5.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag
Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:
>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
myscriptfont.com/

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/ (surprisingly not a typo)

>Links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
>Contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>DISCORD CHAT going on:
discord.gg/rXMbdqP

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=5xPvvPTQaMI

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

Also I did that new page. I drew John Lennon punching a dude. I'm happy.

it's going. working on a new page now.

Why does the ghost appear to the son of the king who betrayed/killed him? Why would the son of all people listen to the dead enemy king instead of I dunno some other hero/knight from the dead Kings own side. Seems like the Prince would obviously be loyal to his own father unless something was already very wrong in their family

I think you should switch the last two panels top and bottom

I looks kinda cool, man.

Working on some character concepts
Thoughts are appreciated

thanks.

this is the most recent page i have done. i got some really good feedback on how stiff some of the walking poses were, so that was an eye-opener to go out and git gud at gesture drawing.

Apologies if the file size is a bit large

Sorry if they're a bit scribbly. I've been getting rusty, but I want to come back into it

I aim for the story to have a very Elder Scrolls/ Final Fantasy feel to it (older FF, not today's crap)

Last one here, some of you might recall him from a previous thread.

Looks cool, I love the rpg aesthetic. Is she really Ainu or that is just her name?

Thanks mate!
She's not a person of the culture of Hakkaido, Japan, no.

Her name is inspired by one of the two original deities in the Elder Scrolls universe, "Anu"

Are these backgrounds painted over photos?

Then make them smaller, is it really that very hard to do?
>2+ MB for some doodles

nice logo

the first panel is not, the second one with a background has the windows of the buildings lifted from a posterized photograph i took around town that i traced over with a lightbox with a brush pen.

Interesting style you've got here. i like it. buuut.. I think the short legs and even shorter torso are going to hold you back somewhat. you wanna try maybe lengthening them both and seeing what kinda poses you can then pull off?
also heehee yay the bottom center

He wants to show how basic bitch his roughs are

cooooool
I randomly named a character Ainu once too. it's just a good-sounding name.

Possibly, he's supposed to be 14-16 years old, do you think these would be appropriate proportions?
Ayyyyye, thanks mate!
It really is, isn't it?
Sounds mystical

somehow I get the impression we have not actually been graced by whatsisname that draws this comic

Nah, by the time you're 14-16, your torso has pretty much grown in. good rule to remember is the elbows go down to the bottom of the ribcage, while the hand falls down to about a third of the way down the thigh, or basically good crotch-grabbing distance.
what you have here is basically deleted the lower half of the torso and scaled the legs down a little. It's not uncommon to do the latter, but the former really messes with things. Like for example if you wanted to show him putting on a jacket, it'd be a nightmare. he'd never get those elbows underneath it to insert the arm

Good point

He probably thought this was a "post webcomics you like" thread and not one for OC webcomics

speaking of, anyone keepin track of the numbers? this is the second unnumbered one in a row

swisgar?

Who cares really

Even if your suggestion that few people care were true, which is very unlikely, it wouldn't mean a thing regarding whether the numbers should be dutifully remembered and maintained

No one actually cares that you made 500 shitty ass threads before this one. What are you counting? The pages of utter trash you people produce?

>how dem webcomics.
i'm sad, cause i don't have a webcomic to show

currently working on a practice comic project. i kinda want to keep the details private for personal reasons but i just felt like sharing art from one of the page sketches i've done.

(sorry about photo quality, my phone's camera is shit.)

i have others for anyone interested to see.

oh fine, keep it to yourself, but once it's done you have to share it with us, mmkay? because i like this

lol okay. don't expect it soon tho. life is kinda making the process slow but steady i guess.

Started a relatable comic shit just to see how far I can go for dem likes. It's a souless project just to see how much influence I have later on.

i treid making a relate able comic, but people could sense my fakeness somehow

Just finished the third chapter of mine this past weekend.

issuu.com/saw08

i feel like there's plenty of room for quality within even a genre like that

this is cool

the hell kind of kooky comic reader is this? the pages are tiny

I know it's unlikely but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Any artist want to work together on a comic?
I'll be frank, I got no money, and most recent examples of my writing is erotic literature, but I have an entire 50 page chapter under my belt from years ago along with some various pages and character designs, so I have experience working with artist and actually finishing some things (The things that didn't get finished were due to running out of money, and not just simply giving up or getting lazy.)

stick around for a while, it happens.

I've been working on this for a while now, and I've got a pretty solid outline for the story now, but I'm having trouble with color palettes. This character needs to be reddish for story reasons, but after doing all this I realized this was /too/ red. Any anons have a suggestion for a less saturated palette that's still clearly red and works with the style?

I'll be here.

Doing art is probably 80% of a comic; learn how to git gud at art yourself, you'll learn a new skill, be able to depend on yourself, and you won't be stuck waiting on somebody else's schedule.

And they also won't feel like you're ripping them off as you throw something together in 10 minutes while they spend hours on a page.

there's lots of options. that creamier pink at the top? good. dark salmon? good. desaturated magenta, rich warm burgundy, there's a million choices.. sometimes even just turning it a bit pinker..

Easier said then done. Look how long it takes people who actually enjoy drawing to get even decent at it, it's just not realistic for someone in my position.

You'll be alive for the next 10 years or so, at least. Start now, even if it's just doodles on napkins or in the side of a notebook.

If your story is not worth learning how to do art, it's probably not worth an artist's time spending at least 6 months drawing it up unless they're already a fan of your writing or you're paying them, and you've stated the second won't be the case.

Hey maybe I'll get lucky and find that special someone.

Fair enough. There's always hope.

There's a full screen button bellow the right page arrow and next to that is the zoom in.

oh okay. i'll check it out again later

pay artists money

I have but comic commissions cost too much for a college student.
I'm not expecting anyone to do it for free, but I know it happens, so it doesn't hurt to ask around.

How's this for a rework?

very nice
then again I liked it fine the way it was. I forgot to say that.

>I think you should switch the last two panels top and bottom

You think so?

why do you nerds still waste your life on comics? do any of you seriously think you'll make it?

Literally can't if you don't try, so may as well try.

>replying to it

Is this a copy-pasta? I only come in here once in a blue moon.

This is a neat design.

it's not quite that low level of trolling but it is just a guy gettin your goat. does it all the time. did it twice in this thread already

>tfw draw like shit and just wish an art Misaki will save me from my non drawing ways

Length excuses lateness, right? Got so fight-choreography-y last night. actually did I really sketch most of this last night? damn. fastish.
Got sick of the turban. it's gone! .. but now he looks too bald. I guess that's why I gave him a turban. also I remembered his head lines being a lot cooler, but I was thinking of his fucked up evil form. Oh well!

nobody cares if you're late because nobody cares about this shit

I'm revising my site design. My pages are large enough that you have to scroll down, should I have nav controls at the top that stick as you scroll down? Or just have them stay put?

Currently, controls are only at the bottom of the page.

I'd suggest just having navigation above and below your comic; somebody going through an archive to find a specific page will appreciate not needing to scroll at all for them.

Well I'm gonna do controls at the top, but should I have them sticky themselves to the top of the window as you scroll so they're always there? Like as you scroll, the controls move down the pages with you staying near the top of the screen. I might go ahead and implement this, it only takes like 10 seconds with CSS sticky and I can roll it back if it doesn't go over well.
Also, when people click the comic link from the homepage, I direct it to the archive which has first and last page links at the top rather than link to the latest page as to avoid spoilers. Is this a good idea?

maybe

>issuu.com/saw08
looks fucking cool man. I dig the simple black and white art. I just wish you used a better site, as the one you use seems to be a webzine publishing site or something.

Just updated my comic but i haven't gotten any comments yet tho

I think I'll call her sister Krinalle

Obligatory

Try a slightly orangier white-part, as well as a less saturated red part.

Are you Anthos the crimson impulse or something, like that idiot who think he's an autobot and a timelord and went to white knighting like sonichu or something. You know there are people on here that come from the forums you once wanted to destroy?

Wow. I don't think I've seen a sprite comic since maybe 2001.

Bump

Neat comic. Interesting compositions, and unique style. Good job man.

Aye, thanks mate!

Latest work. It's not great, I need to start doing better.

Dragon girl a cute

Yet, you reply to him. Oh, the Irony.

Real nice work jam. I really dig your character designs

thank u

Sister Krinalle is my waifu now

I love you

What is she holding?

Some mystery magic egg /shrug

This series is now called 4 koma sisters.

bump

This is "How's Your Webcomic?" #369

Clip Studio Paint (aka Manga Studio 5) is on sale until June 2nd, via Smith Micro.

my.smithmicro.com/manga-studio-5.html

Looks like it's on sale at amazon, too, for a couple of dollars cheaper.

Oh that's cool, but I've never tried Clip Studio Paint.
Krita to me seems to have all i need and i still haven't figured out all the tools!

Also I HOPE everyone in here is practicing!