Guardians of the Galaxy

Are all Disney XD shows as weirdly animated between episodes/scenes/shots as this show?

One shot will look pretty fucking good while another will look like pic related. They're mixing early 2000s looking 3D into the backgrounds. Makes some shots look like a Scooby Doo episode. I still can't get used to this a whole season in.

Scooby is brown from head to toe with several distinctive black spots on his upper body and does not seem to have a melanistic mask. He is generally a quadruped, but displays bipedal 'human' characteristics occasionally. Scooby also has opposable thumbs and can use his front paws like hands. He has a black nose and wears an off-yellow, diamond-shaped-tagged blue collar with an "SD" (his initials) and has four toes on each foot. Unlike other dogs, Scooby only has one pad on the sole of each of his feet (so that it was easier to draw in the Scooby-Doo Annuals).

Scooby has a fully prehensile tail he can use to swing from or press buttons. Both his head and tail are malleable and useful as a communication aid or creating a distraction.

Creator Iwao Takamoto later explained that before he designed the character, he first spoke to a Great Dane breeder, who described to him the desirable characteristics of a pedigree dog. Takamoto then drew Scooby as the opposite of this. He said "I decided to go the opposite [way] and gave him a hump back, bowed legs, small chin and such. Even his color is wrong."

thanks

Pretty much, the shows are inconsistent as fuck and when they get lazy they just grab photos and put them through Photoshop filters for their background or they will just not bother animating characters and just have them sliding across the screen.

They just keyframed some damn still images.
That's so lazy.

oh yeah lmao, that episode in OP had some garbage

Don't use words you don't know the meaning of.

PFFFT! What on earth is happening there?!

The GOTG cartoon astonishes me because it's literally a cartoon off a comic that has no idea what to do beyond the film. Like, Korrath, Ronan, Thanos and Nebula are like the only villains? Mantis is somehow evil in the show? How does this show exist?

bloody hell those mass produced knockoff Mickey Mouse Youtube videos have better animation than this

JUST LIKE TEH MOVIES

wow that's awful

pretty insulting how cheap the new shows are

>tfw even anime has better animation
fuck who ever is in charge of this
bring back emh

These shows are cheap in every aspect, the reason they keep rebranding is to prevent the voice actors from getting their legally obliged pay raise.

i thought that was for the animators

Well basically for the entire crew.

wow! such animation!

You can see that the animation budget in this scene was spent on animating the explosion in the background.

It's a bit better in the second season. Asgard and Spartax are important and the last arc was a 3 episode symbiote story.