As lackluster as the finale as a whole was the opening of the final battle was hype as fuck...

as lackluster as the finale as a whole was the opening of the final battle was hype as fuck, seeing all the people he helped out showing up for a last stand to save him
I know it's cliche and just pure blatant fanservice was obvious as all hell but I still loved every bit of it

Other urls found in this thread:

samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_XXV:_Jack_and_the_Spartans
youtube.com/watch?v=KODo-qsBoIE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the ending would've felt very out-of-place without it

I loved it too, OP. It was honestly the best part of the final episode.

>OP's Image

These characters never existed.
Literally who?

>all those anons posting SPARTANS, WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION and other 300 lines

The sticky was fucking glorious.

Lino please.

at least pretend you watched the og series

Is that the son of the king from the original spartans episode?

>Samurai "This isn't Sparta" Jack

it's not clear, it's spartok's (king's) voice actor but in the OG series spartok was shown with pitch black skin when in his armor

Only episode one is canon. Jack was sent to the future and came back moments later and finished him off.

Then some girl died.
What the fuck do spartans have to do with feudal japan?

>Bringing back a bunch of character that don't exist
What's even the point?

It makes me wonder why they bothered with the callback episode earlier in the season. This was the vastly superior one and had most of the same characters anyway

>Only episode one is canon
Its feels so good to be a journeyfag

The archers were by far the coolest dudes whi came to Jack's aid. I loved how when everyone else was watching the broadcast and going "Oh no!" they were just sitting there stonefaced and pissed.

Also the mech was great and their death's touched me a lot more than Asi's.

to fit in as much ashi development they could with 6 episodes, she had to see firsthand all the good jack did to help fully convince herself and also bring jack back from the brink

>The archers

Who?

delete this

>all that time wasted on a boring character that just deletes herself anyway
what a waste. We could of had a two part finale

>straight from jump good to THE 300 FIGHT FOR THE ONE
Was so fucking hype, that ost too

who the fuck are these guys and why should I care?

Did they train Young jack or something?

>as lackluster as the finale as a whole was
False premise, didn't read the rest.

How did the 300 even live that long? They don't even look like they aged. Were they immortal or some shit?

>thinking the finale wasn't flawed
ur a dummy

> hype as fuck

yeah, watching a bunch of cameos gets run over by Aku in a clusterfuck group battle with zero tension or emotion sure was "hype"

Get fucking OC's off my board.

I'm surprised neither of used the obvious comeback that "delete this" set up

Found the newfag

well they were a generational fighting force in their episode saying the fight against the creature lasted decades or something, I dont know how the king didnt age at all
especially since the end of that episode had him all old and on his deathbed in the future

How hard is it to assume they'd still exist in the future they just wouldn't be in the exact same situation

I was just joshing.
The moment you travel through time, you enter into an alternate universe. Good luck finding your way back.

Who are you talking about?

People complain that we didn't get King Jack but the spartans episode shows that Jack is seemingly still young while the king is on his deathbed. The arrival of the 300 in the final episode was incredibly satisfying and did offer closure to that storyline.

Every action you make, even one as small as deciding whether to start walking with your left foot instead of your right, causes billions of people that could have existed in the future otherwise, to not exist anymore.

>The arrival of the 300

But they didn't appear though, It was just Jack, Ashi and Aku.

what do the spartans have to do with anything?

Holy shit. You suck do much dicks right now.
S2 E12.
samuraijack.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_XXV:_Jack_and_the_Spartans

Who?

Not in a world with literal Gods and demons

Jack with a grey background. Literally what?

Cringed

?
Not even trolling.

Who?

Still disappointed The Samoorai didn't dust off his shit and come to Jack's aid.

>last scene of the spartans episode is him saying how he never met jack again

did genndy forgot too?

>The Samoorai

>
>no Momotaro as a grown up badass rekting akuspawns like it was Dynasty Warriors
>no qt bug princess ordering a space station to [glass him] from orbit
>I guess Lupin was cool too
Hey, but we did get Jump Good.

The episode was a homage to the 300 comic where the backgrounds were gray.

That particular guy didn't show up to the final battle. Nice "plot hole" smart guy.

he did though, the spartan leader in the final episode is the spartan king again

>Jump Good.
>Momotaro

Who the fuck are you talking about?

>Jump Good
Jack and the monkeys.
>Momotaro
Jack and the peach boy(girl).

I can't tell if it's just one person missing the joke who keeps posting, or multiple people

I'm pretty sure the same guy asking who is also the one posting the answers

>A screenshot with orange grass and two trees

What did he mean by this?

To be honest, I kinda wanted to see one of the kids from the original episodes come back as a 50-something badass

Probably one or a bunch of faggots thinking they're funny forcing some cringy meme
>xD get it!?!? They don't exist so I act like I don't know who they are!

How many specific, not part-of-a-group kids were there in the original series?

as with any forced meme, it's one autist

youtube.com/watch?v=KODo-qsBoIE

How could you forget?

I'm kinda disappointed the season devolved into traditional jack after ep 3. I was surprised how quickly he killed the assassins.

MFW it wouldve been cooler to have jack on the run from assassins with wolf bro all season

I was so disappointed when the wolf just walked offstage after a whole episode of bonding

My biggest dissapointment was how the series never had another awesome fight after episode 3. It was just talk and plot, which is funny considering Genndy made Samurai Jack because he was complaining that cartoons were too talky.

>didnt show up with all the tavern warriors
missed opportunity

>the ending would've felt very out-of-place without it

Because Jack has always been a cliche ridden show. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing sometimes. In fact you could argue that subverting cliches like not giving the hero a happy end or having him learn "his new friends are his family" was to the finales detriment

Time travel stories will always be full of paradoxes no matter how simple you try and make them. It's why the "split timeline" shit was created as a plot element

>I'm kinda disappointed the season devolved into traditional jack after ep 3

I'm not because that's what I wanted. Mopey Jack ain't my nigga

That's because the king you see in the Season 5 finale is his son, you mongoloid.

who just happens to look completely different than he did before and had his father's voice suddenly?

>who just happens to look completely different than he did before

Well it has been 50 years

completely different from the previous future appearance he had*

It was disappointing because they all felt so useless. They couldn't do shit to Aku, and the 'distraction' felt seriously lazy.

At least make it so they're fighting a robot army and actually doing some good. So that Jack needs them to keep stuff away while he fights Aku.

Im pretty disappointed the guy who fights with other warrior's souls didn't show back up. They teased him in the bar scene but didnt do anything with him after.

well they did keep the little-akus from attacking jack after they showed up
that was the worst blue-balling of the season

also just having the guardian being killed offscreen was terrible too

I was so fucking hype when they came on screen because i was kinda bummed that Ashi didnt run into them when she was looking for Jack and i was worried they wouldnt make an appearance.
Jack and the Spartans is my all time favorite episode

If there is one thing we can all agree on, it is this.

Gotdamn, it was so fucking awesome to see the Three Hundred return for that battle.

how fucking hard is it for people to realize that humans understand fuck all about the universe and how "time" actually exists, and that maybe it doesnt work at all the way we think it does?

>having him learn "his new friends are his family" was to the finales detriment
The cliche was doing exactly what the theme song said. That would have been a subversion.
>not giving the hero a happy end
I think you mean not giving the hero a FULLY happy ending, because other than losing Ashi Jack literally got everything back that he had dreamed of for 50 years.

>scaramouche's talking penis TOROH penetrated tentacles into went the inside flora jack mpreg, WATCHA
that's my favorite part

The journey was erased though.

In a linear timeline, the future is the culmination of choices made by everyone in the present, and until the future becomes the present, it has not happened, and thus cannot be considered undone.

You can still watch those episodes you sperg

Would Kratos team up with Jack?

I always assumed these last ten episodes were all written recently. After fifteen years away this kind of ending seemed the only way. Bring back people from the original four seasons, have them wave at the audience and then wrap things up.

How was Samurai Jack supposed to end originally? Or was this some version of "it"? I've never bothered to look this up. Fuck.

It's okay because our favorite character Ashi did all the fighting!

It was in every single "predict the ending" thread. It was the most predictable boring shite they could have done.

The ten episodes should've been 30 and in those 30 there should've been way less total talking then we got in the ten. Samurai Jack is supposed to be about storytelling through action.

Even an AshixJack relationship could've been told with more moments, looks, touches, less comedic situations than we got.

Somewhere in another reality it all ended as it should have

People always suggest more time, more episodes as a magical way to fix the flaws in writing, but I don't see why. The final battle between Aku and Jack shouldn't need to take 30 episodes. What do you imagine taking so long?

>three hundred fight for the one
best cameo

It was always supposed to end like this

>How was Samurai Jack supposed to end originally?

In some way similar to what we got, really.

You know WHAT? I WILL FORGIVE THE RUSH PLOT! If they SHOW GOOD FUTURE! But they spend it on some STUPIDASS wedding which it was a waste of time!

Come on! Can we at-least get a little peek of the future!

It wasn't supposed to end. It was not a story crafted to come to a conclusion. We forced this.

Who cares if it was cliche or obvious, it was what SHOULD happen in an arc all about restoring hope.

kek

They already have been