ITT: Characters you LOATHE but....you actually love them

ITT: Characters you LOATHE but....you actually love them

I can't fucking explain it. In my opinion, Korra ruined the whole fucking series but she's still my girl.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2N7NTHSdquw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This thing i want to hate fuck the shit out of it

She cause the armagedon but i still love her

Korra was actually fine. What ruined Korra was everyone else in relation to her; nobody called her out on her shit, and she had ZERO chemistry with anyone in the cast to the point that I believed that they were friends or loved ones. It was weird. She was just a bit rambunctious, but the way the show played out, it seemed more like everyone saw like as if she was an autistic child. She needed someone to smack her in the face once in awhile. Not in a violent way, just in a way that kind of belittles your maturity and tells you you're acting like a little twit.

Basically, Korra desperately needed a Bright Noa in her life.

>Korra ruined
Korra, the girl, did not ruin the show nor the series which includes Airbender. The romance ruined it because that is what caused everything to spiral out of control. Remove Mako and suddenly Korra is back to how she was in episode 1, on a path to balance.

I loathe Batman but I actually am batty for him.

Tenzin was tough on her and she just becomes more of an asshole until she eventually forces him to apologize

>wanting

You've already fucked up son.

Tenzin never gave her a disciplinary smack in the face.

You'd be surprised what that can do to a teeganger/young adult. The right kind of slap with the perfect amount of force with the right kind of posture is going to transport them back to a place in their mind where they -instinctively- believe that they have done something bad, and that's what opens them up to a learning experience.
youtube.com/watch?v=2N7NTHSdquw

It's not any flavor of sexism or misogyny; what Korra really needed this whole time was a mentor figure in her life with a stern voice, bony knuckles, and a talent for not leaving so much as a red mark.

Yep. The only time I remember someone calling out Korra on her bullshit was Lin during the party for her in season 1

Other than that it's one of the biggest flaws of the show that no one calls her out on being an idiot and/or a dick

>Mako sneaks up to the equalist compound and tells Korra to be quite so they can save Bolin and not alert anyone to their pretense and so put his brother in danger
>Korra proceeded to kick the door down and Mako doesn't say a thing

That was Lin's natural attitude because she was still upset at Tenzin and Suyin. Korra didn't have any bullshit to be called out on at the party because she didn't even want to go in the first place. It wasn't as though she told the city to through her a party, it was Tarrlok's idea so she should be upset at Tarrlok.

Also you example doesn't work since Mako says they always have security outside. No one was outside.
And, if the roles were reversed with Bolin and Mako going in to save Korra, and Bolin ran in screaming and shouting, people would be laughing and cheering for Bolin.

The time at the party wasn't satisfying, Lin just seemed unnecessarily bitchy in that scene.
There were other times when Korra's flaws got called out. My favourite's probably when Mako's had enough of her temperamental attitude and breaks up with her because of that.

Is this about some kind of slapping fetish?

>temperamental attitude
>chief of the North wants to culturally envelope the South suddenly
>the South wants to fight him right away
>Korra looks to side with Unalaq to promote peace
>Tonraq and Tenzin have been lying to Korra since she was 4 years old
>Tenzin wants to leave spiritual matters behind and go on a vacation
>Korra looks to Mako for strength
>"Listen to the people who want nothing to do with your duty as Avatar."
>[Korra's]temperamental attitude

She didn't have a support group like Aang.

why?

She was pushing them away pretty hard too, even before she learned that Tonraq and Tenzin had the compound made. She just kinda sides with Unalaq from the start despite her family (including tenzin here) is highly skeptical of him. The fact that her dad hates him would suggest that she likely doesn't have many fond memories of Unalaq either.

Korra's massive breasts.

>I can't fucking explain it.

#1 reason to hate Korra is that she's not canonically a futa

I find her to be absolutely abhorrent personality-wise, but I still feel sorry for her given what she's been through and how rigid Homeworld society is.

Nothing wrong with liking the delicious brown OP

>but when you're with her, you're thinking of me!
That line pretty much cemented my love of Korra as a selfish fuck-up. Unfortunately, the show treated her like a hero.

>I can't fucking explain it
She's hot. Nothing else to explain.

>I loathe Batman but I am batty for him.

t. Joker

Because she was the Avatar.
Power comes with privilege.

>nobody called her out on her shit
Several villains, Mako, Asami, Lin, Toph, and Tenzin all do.

I love art featuring female characters being strippers, and enjoying it.

I too love Korra as a character, but i hate how the show used her.

shut the fuck up, bright noa is a fucking pussy.

It's fucking weird seeing the Gundam Alex back...and red...and clad in new FA parts. I'm not sure it needed any of those new things, especially colors.

Wasn't that shit damaged beyond repair?

Well, Korra was a legit great character.

>I find her to be absolutely abhorrent personality-wise,
she's Vegeta with woman feelings.

if she cut out the woman feelings and the man chin she'd be perfect

The villains are shown to be wrong, and sometimes even agree with her (like on opening the portals, no matter how retarded that was as a choice)

Mako is basically discarded after S02, and he actually agrees with everything Korra does after S02 (spirits fucking up the city? it's okay, it was your choice). Asami literally is just there to tell Korra she is a dindu.

Tenzin is her worst enabler; "the world needs you", "killing the past lives was a good thing", "who knows what good can come from opening the portals" were just some of the things he said.

Korra herself was the only person in the entire show to point out that she basically caused everything that happened.

Then Asami told her she was wrong and that was it.

She was right about Mako. Even after they break up he still follows her around.

She finds out in the first episode though. And Tenzin kept her on the island instead of going out and being an Avatar when Tenzin knew what was going on with the spirits at the South Pole.

And until Tonraq reveals where Korra gets her hotheadedness from, he just comes across as bitter towards his brother without ever bothering to tell his own daughter until now.

And if she didn't have fond memories then she wouldn't allow Unalaq's kids to take the throne since they all contributed towards trying to have Satan take over the world.