Dumbing of Age

Tonight we have yet another example of Billie being a toxic, awful influence on Ruth, and Willis playing it for laughs.

And since when is punching someone in the face "assault-ish"? I'm pretty sure what Billie did to Mary was just plain old arrestable assault and battery.

Other urls found in this thread:

itswalky.tumblr.com/post/73591298741/why-shortpacked-is-ending
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Willis really has no idea that the only person in that room who isn't a total piece of shit is fucking Joyce, does he?

Oh man, I really hope they do a full-on apology for Mary

The tears from the commenters will be delicious

I still don't understand what this meeting is about.

Was it just an excuse for Mary to show up? I'll gladly take that. At least SOMEBODY is having fun in this universe.

Also, does Amber have, like, 36F honkers? Her neckline seems to burst no matter what clothing she wears.

Also, I'm going to assume the next strip is an extended dialogue between Ruth and Rachel, since Willis wants to make her a main character now.

Also, you and Sir Clint are right. Billie needs to get kicked out of the dorm immediately. Maybe they could put her weaponized autism to use and say that Rapin' Ryan tried to molest Ruth.

Why is Amber's left boob attempting to overtake her right one? Why is neither of her shirts affected by this sweater-puppy scuffle?

Ruth is almost trying to be a good person. Half-heartedly.

To be fair, Ruth was not there to see Billie punch Mary in the face. I'm sure Billie told her about it, but the gravity of it is lost on her since she wasn't there.

Push-up bras work wonders. But she actually fits in with quite a few people I knew in college: under standard female height with giant boobs.

I'm just picking on Willis here because there's no reason for one boob to be layered over another here, since she's looking forward.

I wouldn't call Mary a piece of shit. She might be a huge bitch, but she only martyrs herself on the cross of cuntiness so that all these other cunts don't get away with their shit.

So... no admission that Ruth's lack of control and assaults on Mary created the hostile environment in which she believed abuse and power plays are the expected behaviour to get what she wants on the floor? Just a shitty joke about how their assaults on her weren't actually assaults (fuck off with that assault-ish bullshit, it's not funny) and more threats? Cool.

Also, for what reason would Mary be leaning in like that to two people who have attacked and threatened her? It almost makes me wonder if Clint talked to her, but that would be the most preposterous thing ever.

>Also, does Amber have, like, 36F honkers? Her neckline seems to burst no matter what clothing she wears.
Only in the close ups. Her tits are usually drastically different in the long shots.

willis literally turned her into a mustache twirling villain who wanted to have billie's permission to bully carla to suicide.

That was just some 4D chess to make Billie reveal what a violent thug she was. In a just world, that would have been followed up with the prompt arrest and expulsion of Billie, but hey, like you said, this is Willy's World after all

Mary legitimately looks cuter every time Willis draws her. I love her >:) face.

A good RA would have accosted the offenders--Mary, Billie, and Carla alike--and warned them about the rules of the dorm. They would have gotten sent to the residence manager if there had been further issues. That would lead to expulsion, removal from the dorm(s), or some other form of disciplinary action. The problem is with Ruth and not enforcing the university's regulations.

Where I went to college, the first warning for getting caught for underage drinking was that they made you write a letter to your parents about it. Must have worked, because no one on my floor in the dorms ever had to do it!

Boyfriend's stuff as an RA saw people getting reported to the police for alcohol, drugs, etc.

Ruth is just chaotic evil, if you know what I mean.

Don't say that out loud. He'll give her a severe disfigurement to spite you.

Ruth is lucky that Mary is so bad at getting her fired.

Cant wait to hear the comments section on this one

Hmm. Now that you mention Mary's face, and I take a closer look at it....

Does that nose remind you of any other character? I know I've seen that pronounced triangle somewhere before, but it's a bit blurry....pixely, even.

Honestly if there's any apology it'll probably just be "I'm sorry for slapping a penis onto your face last month", phrased in just that way so that everyone else becomes curious and the situation's diverted.

>"Sorry for cockslapping you, I know how you wanted Carla to be the one instead."

Mary doesn't intend to apologize for "nearly murdering her"? What? What did Mary do that drove Ruth to want to die?

Ask her to do her job? Belittle Carla, who was harassing her with no repercussions? Ask Ruth not to have sex with her residents? Tell her that she'll report her to authorities if she doesn't do her job?

Get trapped in her room by a psychotic person with too much money and spite? Make an implication toward Carla, who would not have heard the comment if she hadn't followed her down the hallway?

Mary is a bully, but she's not nearly as bad as Ruth or Carla or Billie, in any capacity. Mary hates everyone, but she doesn't want people to die. She wants to be left alone and for people to live good, righteous lives. She expresses these desires in unhealthy ways, but the things she wants aren't unreasonable. She needs to be less of a busy-body, but she's not trying to murder anyone.

She wants to bully Carla without repercussions, since Carla was allowed to do the same to her. What's the difference here? How does Mary bullying Carla affect Ruth?

If Ruth valued her job at all, she would have worked on resolving the situation with a mediator or something. But she doesn't. She just wants everyone but Mary to do whatever they want. Mary is the only exception. No one but Billie gets bullied by Ruth anymore.

Well, I was referring to not-Ryan, but that works too

Mary is an asshole, but so is everyone else in that floor. But only Mary gets beaten without repercussion.

Mary only wanted to study.

Well now I worry what else Willis thinks count as being "Assault-ish." Seeing how he thinks physical violence no longer falls in the category of being full on Assault? And why would Billie be threatening Ruth for apologizing to everyone when she probably should for some of her shit? Like wtf?

It's amazing that Willis took that statement and decided it was only being used by trolls.

That was literally the issue. Mary wanted to study. Carla was being a noisy turd. Mary asked her to stop. Carla refused to stop.

Prank war ensues. Mary is at the end of her rope and leaves her room. Carla prods the angry tiger some more and becomes on the receiving end of a vague insult.

Why does Carla think bullying is fine? Why do Willis and his readers think bullying is fine as long as the victim is a Christian?

>Why do Willis and his readers think bullying is fine as long as the victim is a Christian?

Because they view Christians as bullies. Not to mention theyre literally mentally ill.

It's the crux of the Issue: Willis just has to make Mary suffer no matter what. Like she is CLEARLY a bad guy who deserves nothing good and who's opinions mean absolutely nothing and are wrong. No matter what: she is always in the wrong even when she's being bullied or annoyed by Carla.

I can't bring myself to hate Mary no matter how much I'm supposed to.

Willis and his ilk are kinda like Don Quixote, arent they?

>mary gets a little apology
Did the comments section implode?

Wait till tomorrow's comic.

Why do you guys unironically resd this?

nobody here unironically reads it.

I read it for joyce

The hate keeps me alive.

>assault-ish
>oopsie-daisy

Jesus

>the fucked brain I got

You're still doing it. The "oh man I'm so depressed, I need pity" thing.

Take your pills and suck it up.

Ruth is on meds, so she is seeing that her behavior has been terrible. Billie still doesn't see anything wrong.

Nah its the same shit Mary runs into with all of them. They've got Rich Families and therefore win.

But she's still the bad guy somehow?

But we don't have any evidence that Mary even made a complaint after being smacked in the face so hard that an ink drawing of a dick transferred to Mary's face. It would be pretty interesting of Pudding Head buried the complaint without Clint have to do anything, though.

That shit is enough for a hearing and expulsion on just about any campus.

Followed up with a fucking arrest for assault.

We know she would. We saw how scared shitless when it was Carla up for the punishment and suggest they just brush it off.

Only Reason Clint got involved this time is due to it being a very public incident she couldn't just brush away.

It was a assault the dwarf enabler/punching bag should be in jail with Toedad.

So I'm assuming when she tells Amber about failing to be an "Available Confidante" she's referring to her dad chasing her around campus?

As far as I know, that's one of the few times Ruth and Amber have directly interacted with each other.

Seven years of this drivel, and that's one of the only times they've talked to each other.

>Because in her better moments, Ruth cared
when were those moments exactly? the only time i can remember Ruth giving a shit about someone who wasn't Billie was with Carla and i'm pretty sure that was mostly so she could shit on Mary

>In her better moments, Ruth cared.
>...About whom?
>...Well, she cared about me, for one.
>And?
>I guess she cares about her brother?
>Anybody else?
>...
>Well?
>...Other Rachel?
>Bye, Billie.

Ruth may have cared about Billie some of the time they fucked.

Yeah, but the sails on their windmills are the giant floppy dicks of the patriarchy

>billie's permission to bully carla
right
> bully carla to suicide.
what

The system is unfair, man.

>Hit hard enough to leave a visible mark
>bonus points for sexually aggravated
>assaultish
I kind of judge Mary for not just reporting Mary there and then

>Billie: it's Okay to assault people. Besides: It was only a "little assault" so it's fine.

T.Willis

See the third strip in .

It's amazing Mary hasn't just up and shot somebody yet.

willis is the type to support mob justice and hurting people...as long as they're people he dislikes or disagrees with.

I had taken that as general bullying, not an intent to kill. Wouldn't be surprised if Willis intended for Mary to be bloodthirsty for death and just wrote it badly.

Honestly I find this strip more disgusting than the assault.

Sure, Billie got mad and punched Mary(although it was kind of part of a calculated technique to instill fear in her). I don't agree, but I can understand her motivations.

What breaks down is the other people on the floor refusing to step in and demand better from everyone involved. Especially on a floor where they know they don't support hate for Carla, so she's in very little danger if anyone would just show some concern for their neighbours. Instead they go to the lowest level and support Billie's bullshit.

And then on top of that, Ruth calls her and Billie's attacks on Mary "assault-ish", she deserves an "oopsi-daisy"? I can understand the motivations for the attacks, and I can even understand not wanting to incriminate yourself, but I'm pretty sure their text is an aside between them. They should own up to what they did in that context.

And the gross thing is that it will fly with his fans because they see what Mary did as worse than everything else, instead of being a result of a hostile floor environment where no one is looking out for each other. For example, look at the pic in this post. Agatha and Sierra defuse what Mary is doing in a perfect way. And in the same way Carla's annoyance could've been dealt with, ditto for the misgendering, same with Mary's anger over not removing the penises, etc. Instead Ruth always did nothing or made the situation worse, while other floormates did absolutely nothing.

Er, when I said "this strip" I meant today's update, the pic I posted is just for that last paragraph.

Why did he stop writing about that toy shop, that was okay on occasion?

because he can write this schlock with no effort on his part. seriously that's his stated reason:

>And so I thought to myself, okay, what kind of story can I write effortlessly without having to put my nose in the Internet and spend thousands of dollars on toys that should be buying my kid food instead? WELL, COLLEGE, OBVIOUSLY. Take all my characters, reboot them, and just write them forever, because I know I can. It’s my wheelhouse. I can write that on autopilot, blindfolded.

itswalky.tumblr.com/post/73591298741/why-shortpacked-is-ending

I feel like a majority of the situations and conflicts in DoA are the result of people who could step in and ease tensions or have the administrative power to put an end to any issues simply don't bother. They just let bygones be bygones and assume everything will sort itself out in time.

I'd joke and say to imagine a cult moving into IU, but with how there's no permadeath in DoA it would just end with whoever gets indoctrinated being forcibly pulled out in a comedic heist.

After Clint, it really seems like he's simply bribing Puddin'head to cover for Ruth. Considering he just wandered off for awhile after talking to the Resident Manager for no stated reason, it isn't hard to imagine they brainstormed everyone Clint would need to bribe to cover everything and then Clint went around handing out stacks of cash/cane beatings until the problem went away.

>I feel like a majority of the situations and conflicts in DoA are the result of people who could step in and ease tensions or have the administrative power to put an end to any issues simply don't bother. They just let bygones be bygones and assume everything will sort itself out in time.

Yeah, that's very true. In the case of party rapist, Joyce just thought she'd be fine not going to the police, but now they're trying to go after him via other means.

The lame part is, it'll probably end up working, even though they would really need the police report to actually stop "Ryan." They'll probably catch him with the drug on him, or with a taped confession or some other nonsense. Or catch him in the act again on campus despite all the heat.

Yeah, as I said before - Ryan (or whatever his name is) has the perfect defamation suit ready to go. We know he's a shitbag, but outside of a very select group of people in-universe, no one else does. There's no police report, no public statements. Joyce has no experience with alcohol, so it can be argued that she just got tipsy from what she did have. She also has a history of reacting with violence to lascivious suggestions, so it can easily be argued that Ryan put the moves on her and got glassed for his trouble, then as any normal person would, responds angrily and violently to the person who just attacked him. At which point Sarah, herself with a history of conflicts with other students and violent behaviour (i.e. later when she pops Raidah one for trying to befriend Joyce) assaults Ryan. Now, a self-styled vigilante that the university has done nothing to stop, in conjunction with one of Joyce's friends is starting a public smear campaign. The police have not been involved, there's no formal accusation or investigation.

Again: we know Ryan is an attempted (and may or may not have done the deed previously) rapist, but looking at it from an outside viewpoint? There's more evidence against Joyce and her friends than there is against Ryan.

Any defence lawyer would love to have case like this, where with the exception of their client opening their mouth (which we can be 95% assured Ryan will 'cause he's evil and bad and loves rape), they have a slam-dunk guaranteed acquittal. If Ryan wanted to sure the university for allowing this to happen, civil attorneys would be knife-fighting over who gets to take the case.

Every single step Joyce and her friends have made in this clusterfuck has only made it harder for 'Ryan' to actually be prosecuted.

Why do you keep asking this? How is it any of your concern?