I never say this but, wasn't this scene kinda sexist?

I never say this but, wasn't this scene kinda sexist?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H6VSWCs7d1w
youtube.com/watch?v=fnS6S3rX8BQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your Mom is kinda sexist.

The whole movie was, "intentionally".

It was a different time.

>SJWs are constantly ranting that sexism is everywhere, everyone is sexist, our entire society is a system of sexism
>Movie depicts a society that is sexist, essentially agreeing with them
>WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS DIRECTOR?!? DOES HE HATE WOMEN OR SOMETHING? HOW DOES HE COME UP WITH THIS SHIT?
I will never understand this mindset

you mean because he felt love for a simulated idealized image of a girl ?

the world of blade runner is intentionally sexist yes

>"sexist"
>mfw

how does anyone not grasp this?

>men are lonely
>companies cynically exploit this by selling them fake simulations of the companionship they long for, thus exploiting and humiliating both sexes in the process

anyone who doesn't understand that this isn't sexist, rather the contrary, needs to have their right to vote revoked

in what way?

Its all about social media attention whoring
>whoever blame takes the fame

>beautiful tits
>some decent enough excuse to show them off
>complains about it

lmao soyboys

I still don't get why people thought she really loved him when she was just an AI mass produced by a company that exploits the loneliness of men?

they're just desperately clinging to the holo waifu dream. The intent of the scene is clear, K is having all his illusions forcefully ripped away from him first learning that he is not the special child and then learning the Joi did not love him.

The whole point of the movie is though that it's not association to things like parents or romantic partners that make a man it's the use of your free will.

Digital women are treated as objects, like K.

I think in that scene K realized that even though his relationship was artificial, it felt real enough for him. And so even if he isnt special, and even if he is artificial, he can still be real enough to consider himself an individual with free will.

What's wrong with being sexy?

wow, it's almost as if liberals are mentally ill people. shocking revelation.

>Ana will never lick my love pump

You have your own gas pump? Why do you name it?

How so?

Reality is too

Never gets old.
Where did parenting go so wrong to coddle and spoil the everlasting fuck out of women to the point that adult women act like fucking children?

It is sexist, it's just not macho/chauvinistic. Selling sex and objectivizing a gender to suppress and slave the other is in itself sexist, were everybody loses.

What the fuck did she expect? based chad probably got away with it and her cuck friends didn't defend her

You can see the beta orbiters donning their armor the second she drops

>film attempts to portray a uniquely male experience
>involves a product targeted directly at fundamental male urges
>humans are sexually dimorphic
>human biology creates humans’ fundamental urges
>human fundamental urges differ by sex
Life is sexist, soyboy.

That's why the scene is so good, so many interpretations.

I think it's both. His illusions were ripped away, hard. He understands that joi was fake, everything was faked. Her catchphrases were programmed ads. "what a day/lonely/joe"... That's why he doesn't just buy another one. It's fake.

But not meaningless. He loved, that was real, that was important. What he wants, likes, needs, thats real, even if he is not. And that propels him to defy everyone and save Deckard.

>tfw if you did the same thing as him you'd have the whole pool mobbing you in a instant
>doesn't matter if she was in the wrong, you're a disgusting ugly creepy faggot so OBVIOUSLY you're the one at fault and even if you weren't must be eradicated and shamed at all possible opportunities

According to PC culture you can't even villainize bad things, you just have to omit them from fiction entirely.

>get some water splashed into your face
>kick the person in the fucking shins so hard they fall on a stone floor head first

I know we're supposed to hate women here, but come the fuck on. The guy is a massive fucking sperg for doing that

>Women and Soys literally can't understand this scene

Holy shit, the bell curve was right

Eugenics when

Sup Forums was right
Hitler was right
Eugenics was right

>Assault someone throwing things at them
>shockingly get assaulted back.

It's ok to be a sperg, but stop being such a retard. You don't get to choose how someone gets revenge. Just dont assault people.

Never say that again

>What's this? CONSEQUENCES?!?

One makes you wet, the other can kill you. That's overkill revenge.

>we're supposed to hate women
We love women. Act like a man and you lose your womanly privilege

this, liberals want to "win" the culture war they imagine exists by removing their opponents entirely. little do they know that their opponents are the only thing which perpetuates their existence.

kek

Some chad can probably kill you with a cup of water user, so please stop being a white faggot knight and start respecting people.

Assault, get assault back. Fair.

>I will never understand this mindset
There's nothing to understand, make sense. These assholes just want to flow their agenda.

>tfw no Joi gf

>water, a soft liquid splashing your face
>a rock hard stone floor hitting the back of your head from a full fall

I remember that one time in pre school when a girl threw a pine cone at me, so I told my dad and he went to her house and blew her family to pieces with a shotgun.

>It's sexist to show off beautiful women naked
This timeline sucks

The real point is that both he and the girl are artificial in different ways. He artificially performs tasks. She's artificially appealing.

>brainlets

Joi's love was ambiguous. If it was all fake, why did she tell him to break the antenna? Why did she plead with Luv? Wouldn't these things go against her programming?

Even still, say it was all fake and manufactured. That doesn't necessarily mean that K didn't feel real love for her. Maybe he valued that feeling so much that he wanted to pass it on to something that he knew was real.

>Taking a 10+ year old video this seriously

Get a life nigga, she aint going to fuck you for defending her online

Because being 'authentic' isn't a state of choice, it's a state of mind.

So many things wrong with this post. Sex doesn't need to be sold, it's an inherent appetite. Companies in Blade Runner are filling a need that their atomized society created. This is different from merely objectivizing women to sell products.

Says the user who thinks a glass of water being shucked in your face is "assault"

Maybe I'm not the one who needs to grow up

>REEEE I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT WITH NO CONSEQUENCES
Go away roasty.

>an feminist

If a man did that to another man he'd get socked. I guess women are just too precious though, right?

>what a basic
Is this some alt-left insult?

Not surprisingly only thinking about it from the female character's point of view.

>An feminist

>he'd get socked
And the man throwing the punch would still be a childish fucking idiot.
>oh no water on my face
>better go out knocking peoples heads open ayy lmao

You people are so out of touch with reality, or maybe this is reality for you in america since you're so very adamant about it. What ever happened to taking the moral high ground like an adult and just calmly speaking things out

>nu uh, its assault and I'm gonna fucking break someones spine because I hate water in my face1!!!1!

>Resort to ALL CAPS greentext
Your personal definition of consequence is fucking retarded. And that post was so fucking terrible I genuinely hope you kill yourself. I would honest to god pay 4 grand just to a Venezuelan hitman just to watch a video of you swinging from the ceiling.

I really really would

How could that kill you? It's like falling, at that distance even falling with your head would just hurt. Could you imagine a man falling like that and dying?

Hey, guy who posted that gif, just wanted to say thanks for ruining a perfectly good thread you fucking idiot.

Gee, how surprising. A female that doesn't understand the basic principle of start shit, get shit.

>falling from standing up, head first into concrete
Fuck yes that can kill you, are you stupid?
There was a kid in a nearby school when I was a kid who was playing with his friends. One of his friends did a fake punch near his face but he pulled back his head out of the way anyway and hit the brick wall behind him. He later died in the hospital because of internal bleeding or something

You look like a good Joe.

Not saying it's right but no one would give a shit about the man getting punched. Bad people are a thing but to treat a woman badly is a crime and a male badly a joke.

Women do expect the world to accommodate them as precious angels. A man does that and he's called delusional.

When it comes to equal treatment it's funny the soft should demand such a thing when really they enjoy quite the position when it comes to societies views of violence against them. Men wish half the fuss made over a woman getting hurt would come their way.

You americans truly are the most hot headed fools on the planet.
>water splashes anons face
>instead of rationally just saying "why did you do that, whats your problem" he immediately thinks its perfectly fine to trip someone over and slam their head into a concrete floor and possibly cause life long brain injury or even death

>Not saying it's right but no one would give a shit about the man getting punched
I never said anything to the contrary. Sure, men get loads of shit that we don't deserve. Just look at all the fake rape cases where women back out like 15 years later because their conscience finally caught up with common sense and decency.

All I've been saying is that perhaps its not the wisest choice to go ahead and slam someones head into a concrete floor just because they splashed fucking WATER on your face. Jesus fucking christ

>Being so much of a faggot you let some asshole push you around instead of standing up for yourself
Your the reason why Europe is becoming another caliphate.

>push you around
But no one pushed the guy around in that video. He got like half a cup of water splashed into his face
If it was physical aggressive pushing then yeah of course you can defend yourself

Theres an actual line between settling things like normal human beings and going full on fucking chimp mode you absolute retard

Eurobro is in the right here. Overreacting to any slight just makes you an easily triggered idiot. Part of being strong is knowing which punches to take.

Source?

Took my mom (devout Christian) to this movie for her birthday (she's a big Harrison Ford fan).

Was not expecting a several story high nude hologram with erect nipples getting down on all fours. That...was uncomfortable...

>I never say this

Don't lie bitch.

That's funny, she's fine with my big pink dick when I see her at the end of month

Gestures have meaning and power. Throwing a drink in someone's face is a serious thing, you're going out of your way to publically shame someone. Have you ever been in a bar where a girl does it to a man? There is 0 context to it for any onlookers but the whole place erupts in a massive world star type "OHH".

Now yes it's only water/soda whatever. But the act itself can seriously humiliate and ostracize a person. And yes plenty of people would choose to restrain themselves and YES it is the right thing to do. But it is still completely understandable that someone would respond with violence to something like that. Emotions are a powerful thing and when some drunk and frankly uppity bitch thrusts shame onto you figuratively and literally, leaving you marked and the butt of everyone else's joke, having given it almost 0 thought before she did, I would wager it's a serious battle of will not to smack her.

>Throwing a drink in someone's face is a serious thing, you're going out of your way to publically shame someone.
None of which justifies full blown violence.
>Have you ever been in a bar where a girl does it to a man?
No, because people around here aren't fucking children. If someone did that, both parties would be the center for negative attention
>But the act itself can seriously humiliate and ostracize a person.
For a brief passing moment, in a setting that doesn't usually have people you'll see again.
>But it is still completely understandable that someone would respond with violence to something like that.
Its not even remotely understandable that you would go out of your way to slam someones head into a concrete floor just because some water splashed you.
If public defacing is such a massive deal for you, then maybe you shouldn't have gotten yourself into that situation to begin with.

Is the woman a cunt for throwing water at him? Yes.
But is the guy a putrid, emotionally stunted fucking child for resorting to violence immediately? Absolutely.

Now alcohol there alcohol here, I don't fucking care. I've seen stuff like this happen in parties and no one gives a shit 5 minutes later. A day later when everyones awake it might be discussed briefly where everyone agrees that the person throwing shit at someone is inherently the perpetrator and thus at fault for the situation.
Maybe its just americans. Maybe.

It'd be understandable if she twatted him or threw something more impactful than crystal clear water.

Man, sure is hard knowing when pulling fists for legit self-care or avoid behaving like a juvenile prick.

I don't think you're being very realistic. Humiliation is a powerful powerful force that has always motivated drastic and violent behaviour. I agree that it's wrong and it's definitely the result of poor emotional regulation. But you're being pretty ignorant if you can't begin to empathize or understand the behaviour. I'm willing to bet that you're not as above it as you think, none of us are.

Sure, I might be getting too high and mighty while resorting to cold hard logic.
The parties I've attended where some fights have happened (verbal, things getting thrown) have always ended similarly though. Nobody gives a shit 5 minutes later, and the people who fought never really liked each other in the first place.
And these were with 40-60 people who all knew each other and knew each others circles. And nothing came of it. Because people just don't get caught up in shit like that, nobody cares.

You know what people care about? If someone does some real damage due to an emotional reaction. Whatever the reason, the action can't be undone once its done.

One of my friends who had a rough time with family, home and school at the same time almost hit a class mate with a baseball bat in the face.
The classmates talked about it a few times, where multiple people commented and said that there was a logical explanation for him to be acting that way. They weren't mad, just indifferent because nothing actually happened.
IF he had hit the classmate, the story would have been completely different.

Because my friend A hitting classmate B would have completely cut ties not only with B, but C, D and E as well. It would have caused some school intervention and possibly parents as well.

I can empathize with emotions but at the same time I live in a country where everyone likes peace and quiet, people are reserved and like keeping to themselves.
Taking the high ground and making the attacker look like a child is a thousand times better "revenge" than you could ever get with physical acts.

Um. Yes, falling and hitting your head on stone pavement can definitely kill you. I'm a bit surprised even a retarded user would question that.

>using men's loneliness to make money
of course it is

Something something go back to rèddit

That's not sexism, then. A company targeting a specific segment of the market is not sexist, because it says nothing about one sex being superior/inferior than the other.

>get punched in the face
>”hey why did you do that, let’s talk it out”
Yuropoors everyone

youtube.com/watch?v=H6VSWCs7d1w

>>get punched in the face
Where?
The guy in the video got water splashed into his face and if you actually read the thread you'd realize that I said if physically attacked, physically defending yourself is of course alright.

Try harder next time

>Kt realizing that he was never actually loved by his perfect girl who just led him into his fantasies
>rejects delusions and accepts existential pain
>PROMOTING SEXTOYS OBJECTIFYING WOMYN!!!
just kys

>get water thrown in face
>Sperg out and slam water-thrower's face into concrete floor
The fragile ego of Amerifats.

women think its ok to splash water at a man with no consequences because they saw it happen hundreds of times in romance dramas. they need to be told very clearly that they cannot get away with things like that. nothing clearer than violence or simply the very real threat of violence.

Sneed Runner

Have fun in prison Cletus.

im not suggesting that you punch the offending person in the face. just do whatever is required to instill fear so that they dont go around doing that shit anymore

Playing #20 by Aphex Twin during this scene enhances my feels.

>manages to explain how the waifu stuff trivializes people of both genders
>see, this is completely a-ok!

nigga they are literally selling all-complying, ass-kissing holograms of women

youtube.com/watch?v=fnS6S3rX8BQ

how crazy is it that this is literally the future we're heading towards. VR is a thing, we'll get there a lot faster than 2049.

>Fat ugly bitch who can't write probably gets paid to write leftish shill shit
Is this why Hemingway killed himself?

but peaches are fuzzy, not smooth