>The Florida Project
>Dunkirk
>BR2049
>The Killing of a Sacred Deer
>Logan Lucky
>Brawl in Cell Block 99
>Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri
>A Ghost Story

baby driver deserves credit on technical achievement alone, if you weren't impressed on that level you weren't paying attention. I can understand why it might not be someones favorite though

Blade runner while also technically impressive made me feel as dull and lifeless as ryan goslings character. It just didn't do much for me, but again I can understand why people like it

>Mother

I don't know how could anyone appreciate this

>Baby Driver
There goes any opinion you had

Can anyone say why they didn't like it besides calling it reddit

It was just as juvenile as capeshit. Predictable in its plot and with no cinematic accomplishments there was nothing to like.

>mother
instantly gives away the bait

I felt it was much more clever and much less predictable than any capeshit i've seen in a while

>Actually watches capeshit
That explains it

I've probably seen 2 capeshit movies in the last 2 years and regrettably so. But I can tell you're one of those smug retards who thinks blade runner was kino so you're opinions aren't worth much

I'm smug but rightfully so. I can tell you're one of those consumerist "Brave New World" plebians who watches whatever Hollywood shoves down your throat, so "you're" opinions aren't worth much

T. pseudo intellectual, but I don't watch everything hollywood shoves down my throat. I also don't think watching movies makes you a fan of those movies, that's really something an insecure teenager might think, by your tone it sounds like you are one or at least act like one which embarrassing enough. Keep consuming entertainment like it's fashion, it's very mature

>not a single Death of Stalin mention
pleb gtfo my board

>brawl in cell block 99

Amazing how a movie with that name could be so boring.

>Entertainment
The more things you say the more the things you have said make sense. Film isn't a form of entertainment, it's a form of art (an aesthetic medium).

>boring
How the fuck could someone find that boring. That entire thing had me gripped.

>vince vaughn walking weird and talking like steven seagal for two hours

>Dun-kike
>Logan nowhere to be found

Disgusting

Yes, this is the entire movie. Nothing happened aside from Vince Vaughn walking funny and talking like Steven Seagal.

John Wick 2 is the only good movie on that list

This. Shot Caller was so much better, but of course the pretentious pseudo intellectual contrarians on this board thumbed their noses and sneered at anyone who hadn’t themselves into thinking that stupid, anticlimactic awkward movie was good.

>The Shape of Water
>Another GDT fable for manchildren that's purely style over substance
Fuck this movie and fuck people still letting GDT make movies. Nothing he makes will surpass or come close to Pan's Labyrinth.

There were a few fights, where Vaughn just almost effortlessly beat everyone. Doesn't make the movie good or not boring.

>Weren't many fights
>This is the scale you use to measure wether a film was good or not
Jesus

You can't read.

How was that made for manchildren? Shows you haven't seen it, if anything the movie was made for women. It's not pacific rim or hellboy

objectively correct list coming through
letterboxd.com/originalname3/list/2017-ranked/

>Mother!
Kill yourself.

Yes it definitely pisses off the brainlets like you

Baby Driver is absolute shit. Only the most easily impressed simpletons would put it anywhere near their top ten

Why don't you just call it reddit and then move on, I know your brain isn't capable of coming up with any real criticisms

"man and womanchildren", then. I watched it. I almost left the theater during the fucking dancing scene. It had so many opportunities to say something about anything. Instead, it was one of the most shallow movies of the year.

t.

People who like Baby Driver probably don't even have their license to drive.

Oh I know the real fucking manchildren like you would have a problem with the dream sequence in this movie. You probably thought "DANCING IS GAY!! WHERE ARE THE EXPLOSIONS?!?!?"

The movie was a fantasy romance and a great one at that, probably my favorite of gdl because it wasn't made for the edgy teenagers

>STOP NOT LIKING WHAT I LIKE. REEEE
I said why I didn't like about the fucking movie and you resorted to calling me a manchild.

The movies rated r, kid. Try again

God Sup Forums is horrible at coming up with criticisms for movies you're like 13 year old boys who just want to say the movies gay and would rather watch something directed by Nolan instead

Yea you're a manchild because you hated the movie for having a dance number. Children don't like dance and insecure men don't like dancing cause they think it's gay

I didn't like the dance number because it added nothing to the movie. Especially considering the fact that they fell in love was shittily handled in the fucking movie. Oh, she feeds him hard boiled eggs for a couple scenes and suddenly she's infatuated with a fucking riverman WHO NEEDS SALT WATER TO SURVIVE?! It's a love story because the movie says it's a love story. Fuck this movie and fuck the dance scene. But yes. Keep saying I hate the dance scene because I "think it's gay".

What it added to the movie was her expressing herself and her love for him. She was singing which she couldn't do in real life, she usually has to awkwardly hand sign but that's not romantic so the dream sequence was a way of showing how she felt and how she felt. The reason she fell in love with him was because they felt some sort of connection, neither could talk, and she was fascinated by him and what he was. They obviously couldn't go out on a date and dragging on their courting would push the movie to 2 and a half hours. The basic message of the movie was love has no bounds which sure, has been said a million times before but never presented in this way

Twin Peaks: The Return – David Lynch
Jeannette: The Childhood of Joan of Arc – Bruno Dumont
Certain Women – Kelly Reichardt
Get Out – Jordan Peele
The Day After – Hong Sang-soo
Lover for a Day – Philippe Garrel
Good Time – Ben Safdie and Joshua Safdie
Split – M. Night Shyamalan
Jackie – Pablo Larraín
Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk – Ang Lee

no
>get out
>logan
>wonder woman
not bad

No DONALD CRIED. Dropped.

Most are not kino, such a bad year for film

>No Wind River

I watched it last night without really reading anything about it or caring. It was definitely interesting and different, but It felt ridiculous half of the time. Do most people here not like it I'm guessing, or just flat out hate it. I can't stand jennifer lawrences face either by I put up with it, purely because the film looked interesting.

>not one single 7/10 at least in the list
Try harder pleb.

No pic related? i see

1. Phantom Thread
2. Blade Runner 2049
3. Wind River
4. The Florida Project
5. War for The Planet of The Apes
6. Dunkirk
7. mother!
8. Three Billboards
9. Lady Bird
10. Darkest Hour

2017 was a good year for movies imo

He's a superhero who falls deeper and deeper into a literal hell and when he gets there he smashes faces with his boot and executes a guy by kicking his head off. It's 100% pure kino.

This

The best part of the movie with the WRX was in the trailer that everyone already saw
It's a 'car' movie with no good cars other than the WRX (Unless you're a normie impressed with the Challenger, which was only in the movie for 5 minutes)
Main character is not likeable
Romance plot was forced, unbelievable, no chemistry between the two
Director tried too hard to force the movie to follow the soundtrack, instead of the soundtrack following the movie
Felt like a 1 hour 30 minute long music video
Plot was a dumbed down version of Drive
Kevin 'Rapey' Spacey's character did a 360 in the end for no reason
No consistent theme throughout the movie, again feels like the director chose songs, made scenes to go with them, and then added the scenes in between to make a 'movie'

Baby Driver -> Reddit
Drive -> Sup Forums

just a note, "pseudointellectual" is an insult that outs you as someone who fancies himself an intellectual. a regular person knows the word intellectual is already insult enough, and wouldn't use a word like pseudo anyways

No, it's not kino at all, it's ripping off Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky who was ripping off Fist of the North Star

>Baby Driver -> Reddit
>Drive -> Sup Forums
Then I guess I'm neither cause I am The Driver, clearly a superior taste

The wolf slaughtered in the intro dropped it for me

OP here that's one of the only ones left I still have to see, it will most likely make my top 10

No it's not, its calling out someone who's pretending they're smarter than they are. I'm not implying i'm an intellectual, that's not some rule. I wouldn't call you a pseudo intellectual i'd call you your average everyday retard

>Certain Women – 2016
>Split – 2016
>Jackie – 2016
>Billy Lynn - 2016
Four more needed. I guess you live in New Yoik.

you have generic normie hipster taste